What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I give up today..........went out with 5 cars and only one didn't have some sort of issue because I didn't run it :(
20190617_122122.jpg

I’m not sure exactly what I broke 2 mins into my first 4S run, but a good guess is slipper or spur gear is missing teeth. I need a drink before I open it up ?

First outing with the new setup.....
View attachment 41077View attachment 41078
It took me a minute to realize the pinion was off (old eyes and a cel phone). The wing mount is just something we all have to budget for. They bend and eventually break. If all we do is race around in the grass and dirt, they'll last for ever. Roll the truck a dozen times and something has to give. Tail land a jump and life expectancy is minimized. We gotta pay to play, or step off the field.

I’m not sure exactly what I broke 2 mins into my first 4S run, but a good guess is slipper or spur gear is missing teeth. I need a drink before I open it up ?
Yep she’s spittin chicklets ??‍♂️

It took me a minute to realize the pinion was off (old eyes and a cel phone). The wing mount is just something we all have to budget for. They bend and eventually break. If all we do is race around in the grass and dirt, they'll last for ever. Roll the truck a dozen times and something has to give. Tail land a jump and life expectancy is minimized. We gotta pay to play, or step off the field.
Yeah pinion is off, both the spur and pinion are fubar :(
And that wing mount was over a year old. It lived a good life.
Now to spend 45 min taking out the center diff.

ztE3vfc.jpg

Yeah pinion is off, both the spur and pinion are fubar :(
And that wing mount was over a year old. It lived a good life.
Now to spend 45 min taking out the center diff.

View attachment 41114
Once again Slick, my eyes weren't focusing and I didn't notice the top plate either, til you posted this pic. Don't you just love this hobby ?. Happy wrenching!

With Kraton back up and running I decided to install some upgrades and rebuild diffs on Notorious. First upgrade was to put HR steering blocks on. Pretty simple task...unless you strip both set screws for the wheel hex pin!!! Luckily I had extra front dog bones and wheel hexes I bought for the Kraton.
I enjoy wrenching except when simple upgrades become a PITA bc of stupid mistakes like stripping set screws that are impossible to access.

IMG_20190617_235216206_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

With Kraton back up and running I decided to install some upgrades and rebuild diffs on Notorious. First upgrade was to put HR steering blocks on. Pretty simple task...unless you strip both set screws for the wheel hex pin!!! Luckily I had extra front dog bones and wheel hexes I bought for the Kraton.
I enjoy wrenching except when simple upgrades become a PITA bc of stupid mistakes like stripping set screws that are impossible to access.

View attachment 41133
giphy (3).gif

I'd tell you to email HR, but that would get you nowhere. I hope you can find something to replace it.
Already sent that email boss. I’m hoping for a reply. Otherwise it’s another $40 for a new set.

Already sent that email boss. I’m hoping for a reply. Otherwise it’s another $40 for a new set.
Get ready to cough up $40. They won't answer. I sent 3 emails over the course of 5 weeks back in March and April. Still waiting for a response.

Get ready to cough up $40. They won't answer. I sent 3 emails over the course of 5 weeks back in March and April. Still waiting for a response.
I am already looking at Digikey and Mouser for replacements. I need a damn micrometer. I just ordered one on amazon.

Even if they do respond they wont help you anyway.

Back