What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missed the landing. Happens quite often even on perfect landings because the rpm hub carriers are worn and the pillow balls pop out constantly. Time to go aluminum to handle the air this little guy can manage. I think I like the truck body I painted up better too. Goes with the six pack tires better in my eye
Something doesn't look right!! ??

Missed the landing. Happens quite often even on perfect landings because the rpm hub carriers are worn and the pillow balls pop out constantly. Time to go aluminum to handle the air this little guy can manage. I think I like the truck body I painted up better too. Goes with the six pack tires better in my eye
When looking for replacement axle carriers for my Summit everyone told me not to get Rpms, some even said they were worse than the stock ones, either stick with the stock ones or go aluminum. The Rpm ones that came with my Merv were trash sooo much slop. Now that I think about it I haven't hear too many good things about any of their their axle carriers or caster blocks.

Can confirm, I found on my ECX torment that RPM compound, while great for arms and bumpers, is too soft for axle carriers (aluminium is the best for them imho).

Looks like my erevo. Might dust her off and run her a lil tonight.

Yep I agree. RPM way too flexible to hold pillow balls in place on hard landings. So I ordered some aluminum replacements the other day when I posted the bad landing. Quick bash after installation and I'm happy. Not a single issue through a full 3s pack. Yay! Used hot racing in the front and atomik in the rear. Why you ask? Well I wanted to see if one was better than the other. I'll update when I decide which ones are best but for now I'll be trying my best to find a weak spot to upgrade on my merv. Been pretty bulletproof since putting in the hot racing diffs front and rear and the HR axles, atomik steel transmission gears and a traxxas center diff and center drive shafts to handle the 540 brushless motor on 3s! This thing is a monster and flies high but I could've bought an outcast and some upgrades for what I've got in it at this point lol. Now back to installing my new esc in my v3 kraton so it can get a little mud on it tonight!

Attachments

• 048BE840-B41B-41A9-B931-3EDF6B279CB3.jpeg
    048BE840-B41B-41A9-B931-3EDF6B279CB3.jpeg
    268 KB · Views: 41
  • 46A819AF-8C7F-48FE-B6BF-B0DCBCBF6BB2.jpeg
    46A819AF-8C7F-48FE-B6BF-B0DCBCBF6BB2.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 6C23AAD2-EC66-4FEC-93C7-53E696AEEBDF.jpeg
    6C23AAD2-EC66-4FEC-93C7-53E696AEEBDF.jpeg
    359.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 1E5133A8-A3DF-40B7-888D-4120E9EFE9B1.jpeg
    1E5133A8-A3DF-40B7-888D-4120E9EFE9B1.jpeg
    268.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 1CCBD86A-C0BE-46F1-BB6B-54D2168AD774.jpeg
    1CCBD86A-C0BE-46F1-BB6B-54D2168AD774.jpeg
    306.2 KB · Views: 30
Yep I agree. RPM way too flexible to hold pillow balls in place on hard landings. So I ordered some aluminum replacements the other day when I posted the bad landing. Quick bash after installation and I'm happy. Not a single issue through a full 3s pack. Yay! Used hot racing in the front and atomik in the rear. Why you ask? Well I wanted to see if one was better than the other. I'll update when I decide which ones are best but for now I'll be trying my best to find a weak spot to upgrade on my merv. Been pretty bulletproof since putting in the hot racing diffs front and rear and the HR axles, atomik steel transmission gears and a traxxas center diff and center drive shafts to handle the 540 brushless motor on 3s! This thing is a monster and flies high but I could've bought an outcast and some upgrades for what I've got in it at this point lol. Now back to installing my new esc in my v3 kraton so it can get a little mud on it tonight!
I just realized that was a Merv. I had GPM knuckles on mine and they were way better than the Rpms. The GPM adjustable links were garbage in my experience however.
dWJRGqK.jpg

Hi,
And another Dboots at the track last Sunday (my son)...

View attachment 43247

Disapointed by these stock dboots (Typhon)

HPI:2 Dboots:0

PL
I bought a set of Katars from the V4 6S Typhon from Jenny’s. You might want to look into a set. Another tire that’s held up well on my Typhon 3S is the Lockups. Tons of traction too. They really bite, so traction rolls are common. A good driver should blast with them tho.

How you like the katars ?
Only ran them for a few mins so far but they traction roll a lot less than the Lockups. I’ve never owned the 3S versions of the Typhon tires, so I can compare the two. I’m running 4S on mine so I wanted a 6S rated tire to be safe. You can see them in action in the opening scenes of my new video. I will try to get some better footage soon and upload them. I hit the track with them but didn’t take video because it was my first time there and didn’t know if others frowned upon a basher using their track with a GoPro on his head ?

Nailed the landing! Then nailed the curb. Oops. Was a low spot where they hadn't backfilled on the backside of a curb at a construction site and I didn't see it until the truck stopped dead in its tracks. This is my electric converted revo 3.3. The pillow balls just pulled out of the factory hubs but the front diff also sounds like it exploded when I spun the wheels. Need to upgrade the front hub carriers after this. Have the rpm true track setup in the rear already that eliminates the toe links and bottom pillow balls in the rear. Way more fun as an electric than it ever was nitro. And as usual my kraton came home intact. Arrma tough as usual. Seems I post way more jacked up traxxas trucks than Arrma stuff.

Attachments

• 18AA6A87-176A-4F37-93BB-D08119B2A8B1.jpeg
    18AA6A87-176A-4F37-93BB-D08119B2A8B1.jpeg
    285.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 5361C26A-1A72-407C-98B7-017170204607.jpeg
    5361C26A-1A72-407C-98B7-017170204607.jpeg
    463.6 KB · Views: 35
  • BFAF4D8C-CFA6-4DE8-A5ED-22A4A985D898.jpeg
    BFAF4D8C-CFA6-4DE8-A5ED-22A4A985D898.jpeg
    354.5 KB · Views: 30
I always dislike adding to this thread, but I guess it means I was having fun.

The Typhon had a servo go out, esc fan completely disintegrated, and the motor fan wires got pulled out. To add to the Typhon's list, not really a breakage on the Typhon, but the Typhon cracked my ramps today. Going to try to fiberglass it back together.

I bought a DX5C to start reducing the number of transmitters I bring with me on bash days, and while installing a receiver in my red Kraton, I seemed to have forgot to run the antenna wire through the slot in the receiver box and broke the antenna. It now has range anxiety once I get about 30ft away... I'll keep the receiver in the event I get a crawler.

The Yellow Kraton has been taking nothing but a beating, but today decided to eat a diff. It sounds like a crown gear is toast, and instead of stopping, I finished the pack (its broken, not like its going to magically heal itself) and ran another through it to make sure its properly broken. Also pulled a pillow ball through the upright on a bad front flip landing, might have to replace the front uprights soon.

Pretty sure I blew out my rear diff in my outcast. 1 minute 45 seconds into my run. Basically 1 jump. Seems like it let go inside the cup as each rear wheel will spin independently without spinning the center. I have an old diff on hand I think with relatively new internals and a spare take off from Jenny's. Just ordered 3 of the new arrma alloy diff cups to replace them all in my outcast.

Had a tire blowout on the Granite and yet another popped u joint makes it not fun to run the Granite just may end up shelving it :mad:
My new Goldbat lipo seemed to perform well for the 8 minutes I was able to run though :p

Attachments

• 20190720_142710.jpg
    20190720_142710.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 20190720_140617.jpg
    20190720_140617.jpg
    713 KB · Views: 33
I bought a set of Katars from the V4 6S Typhon from Jenny’s. You might want to look into a set. Another tire that’s held up well on my Typhon 3S is the Lockups. Tons of traction too. They really bite, so traction rolls are common. A good driver should blast with them tho.

Hi,
Ok, I take note.

I always dislike adding to this thread, but I guess it means I was having fun.

The Typhon had a servo go out, esc fan completely disintegrated, and the motor fan wires got pulled out. To add to the Typhon's list, not really a breakage on the Typhon, but the Typhon cracked my ramps today. Going to try to fiberglass it back together.

I bought a DX5C to start reducing the number of transmitters I bring with me on bash days, and while installing a receiver in my red Kraton, I seemed to have forgot to run the antenna wire through the slot in the receiver box and broke the antenna. It now has range anxiety once I get about 30ft away... I'll keep the receiver in the event I get a crawler.

The Yellow Kraton has been taking nothing but a beating, but today decided to eat a diff. It sounds like a crown gear is toast, and instead of stopping, I finished the pack (its broken, not like its going to magically heal itself) and ran another through it to make sure its properly broken. Also pulled a pillow ball through the upright on a bad front flip landing, might have to replace the front uprights soon.
Sounds like you're living up to your name. Well done!!

Tore apart the rear diff in my Summit for the first time since I owned it and found this in the rear. Now I'm afraid to open the front. :(
View attachment 25930
Also found a bent rear toe link and a bent rocker arm post........................Now I want to check over my Ruckus and 4Pede to make sure nothing on there is bent or broke.
Suggest check it before driving it after repair. I had same issue with both size revos. Damaged both on both rigs..

Pretty sure I blew out my rear diff in my outcast. 1 minute 45 seconds into my run. Basically 1 jump. Seems like it let go inside the cup as each rear wheel will spin independently without spinning the center. I have an old diff on hand I think with relatively new internals and a spare take off from Jenny's. Just ordered 3 of the new arrma alloy diff cups to replace them all in my outcast.
Actually, the ring side bearing died, but it took out the ring/pinion because I'm a moron and didn't just stop the instant it let go.

Don't be like me kids. Stop when you suspect damage, or you will likely make it worse! LOL!

Suggest check it before driving it after repair. I had same issue with both size revos. Damaged both on both rigs..
This was the aftermath of letting my 10 year old autistic nephew drive it around the yard, he thought it was funny to run into everything.

Back