What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s not where that goes...

C970A80A-E65D-4B4C-9B51-386CFCE2700A.jpeg

Not sure what I broke yet... but my Notorious only goes straight forward now. Moving the front wheels back and forth doesn’t move the servo arm. Brought tools with me on the Christmas adventure but since I don’t have parts I’m not going to mess with it until we head back home.
Probably your servo! I have broken 2 since Christmas along with the body,wing and wing mount!?

Well heres my first.. You can't even call it a break really, it just popped off.. not sure its supposed to pop off.. but it did.. Screws are still intact plastic is still in 1 piece..

So before I fix this, Do I just take one of the screws out and put the damn thing back in place or can I pop it back on? or should I just order a whole new tie rod end?

EDIT:

PSSSSSSSH HAHAHAHAHAHAH … It popped right back on :p God damnit this truck is fiddlesticking awesome!!! poop don't break it just pops off!! LOL

Na I get it tho poop will break if I land wrong or run into a tree, both of which I already did but on 4s :p Landed on the wing this morning thought for sure I broke that.. NOPE! Least not yet.. Ran smack into a thick bush trunk thought for ssure I broke the front end.. NOPE!!!!!!! STILL NOT BROKE!!!!!!!!

i'm driving this thing the same way and harshness as i did traxxas and those broke 10x over..

I love you arrma :D

Attachments

• DSCN0083.JPG
    DSCN0083.JPG
    362.8 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCN0084.JPG
    DSCN0084.JPG
    396.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Well heres my first.. You can't even call it a break really, it just popped off.. not sure its supposed to pop off.. but it did.. Screws are still intact plastic is still in 1 piece..

So before I fix this, Do I just take one of the screws out and put the damn thing back in place or can I pop it back on? or should I just order a whole new tie rod end?

Just push it back on. If it keeps popping off you may need a new rod end or you can do the e-clip mod. Do a search in the forum for it.

Why? hitting the brakes when rolling backwards does stop the car.

I did have a split second where i saw that the car accelerates instead of stopping, but i didnt have time to react.

I just tested this with my Granite 3s BLX. If the truck is rolling backwards and you hit the brake (i.e. push the trigger away from you) the truck accelerates in reverse. At least it does in mine. So if you were rolling backwards at the time you slaed the brakes, it would go into reverse and not brake (unless the BLX185 is different than the BLX100).

Yep I pushed it back on, It popped off when I landed funny on the front end I think, Will look up that E-clip mod for sure tho Thanks!! :D

That's when they usually pop off. It's not a big deal :) Keep on truckin'!

I just tested this with my Granite 3s BLX. If the truck is rolling backwards and you hit the brake (i.e. push the trigger away from you) the truck accelerates in reverse. At least it does in mine. So if you were rolling backwards at the time you slaed the brakes, it would go into reverse and not brake (unless the BLX185 is different than the BLX100).
It's only because you braked before doing the test.
Do it again, but first drive forward a bit, then (without hitting the brakes) push your car backwards and the the brakes would brake.

(i tested it on my Senton 3s)

It's only because you braked before doing the test.
Do it again, but first drive forward a bit, then (without hitting the brakes) push your car backwards and the the brakes would brake.

(i tested it on my Senton 3s)

Weren't you braking through the turn?

I thought you went braking in turn, off the brake, spin and now going backwards, brake again which led to reverse.

Oh yeah, it's exactly what happened, just in the heat of the moment i didnt comprehend that i did a "full" braking in that turn, so i did expected it to brake and not reverse.

I guess i didnt understand you, i thought you meant that it will always reverse when braking while going backwards.

Oh yeah, it's exactly what happened, just in the heat of the moment i didnt comprehend that i did a "full" braking in that turn, so i did expected it to brake and not reverse.

I guess i didnt understand you, i thought you meant that it will always reverse when braking while going backwards.

Ok. We're square now :D

I have two nitro trucks that don't have reverse and it can be a pain in the ass when I bash on my wooded property. I would miss reverse terribly in my electric vehicles.

What's the lowest reverse setting they have? 20% or so? Maybe that's a good compromise because I wouldn't want to do what you did either and I definitely would have out of instinct in that situation.

I wish the RC industry would find a different solution for reverse than the current way of doing it.
It would be perfect if it would reverse only if you pushed the throttle while holding a specific button on the radio. something like that.

I wish the RC industry would find a different solution for reverse than the current way of doing it.
It would be perfect if it would reverse only if you pushed the throttle while holding a specific button on the radio. something like that.
Like my lawn mower!

Yep I pushed it back on, It popped off when I landed funny on the front end I think, Will look up that E-clip mod for sure tho Thanks!! :D
I did the eclip mod it’s 3/16 of an inch. But first time after the mod i broke the turnbuckle exactly where the threads start. I will say it was a very bad landing so I don’t know if it broke cause of the eclip or the bad landing.

I did the eclip mod it’s 3/16 of an inch. But first time after the mod i broke the turnbuckle exactly where the threads start. I will say it was a very bad landing so I don’t know if it broke cause of the eclip or the bad landing.

My vote would be on the landing, the clips are not very thick but ya never know could be the weak link that's ment to break / pop off.. ?

Back