What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep reading about "Backflips". Didn't realise they were stock Outcast tyres. Thanks!
The 4S version is called the Backflip LP and is smaller overall diameter and weight than the standard 6S Backflips.

Agree with WTFMIKE Notorious. We’ve been using this technique for quite some time with positive results. Broken tabs on Outcast stock esc.
I finally started hitting big air and flips on home made ramp...and then ESC tabs broke. Zip ties to the rescue!

I blew two sets of tires....

Video at 11...

So I made it to the store this morning and ended up going with Proline Badlands MX38's went to have a lash around the local park but w@nkers were playing cricket, so went to the skate park instead. Surprisingly it was all but empty so I had a bit of a bash trying to hold the throttle a bit earlier into backflips as people suggested in my video post. A few flips and I've got used to the extra rotation and decided to try for a double... Came in hot over rotated way to much and landed flat on the roof.

I've bent the shock tower and sheared the screws on both shocks. I gotta say, I'm impressed that the screws sheared before anything else broke. Still can't believe how tough these things are. Now if only I can get through a full battery pack without breaking anything!

So I made it to the store this morning and ended up going with Proline Badlands MX38's went to have a lash around the local park but w@nkers were playing cricket, so went to the skate park instead. Surprisingly it was all but empty so I had a bit of a bash trying to hold the throttle a bit earlier into backflips as people suggested in my video post. A few flips and I've got used to the extra rotation and decided to try for a double... Came in hot over rotated way to much and landed flat on the roof.

View attachment 48287
View attachment 48288

I've bent the shock tower and sheared the screws on both shocks. I gotta say, I'm impressed that the screws sheared before anything else broke. Still can't believe how tough these things are. Now if only I can get through a full battery pack without breaking anything!
I think he’s certified now, eh @Notorious J ?

View attachment 48287
View attachment 48288

Good day @OzBasher. I just want to say, and I'm being sincere, the damage that occurs when you're just learning is sometimes very frustrating, but it gets better with time and practice. We watch videos of Duperbash, Dude 81, Thomas P, Bicketybam, Primarrma and others, and it seems they can launch their trucks into orbit with little or no circumstance. Now I'm sure you know that's not the case, and that they have things break like everyone else. Learning how to jump properly is difficult, time consuming and expensive. There's no reason anyone has to learn to become a big flipper. Many people are happy driving their trucks with all four wheels on the ground or taking small jumps from very flat angles. If you decide to start going for big air and multi rotations, it's going to hurt. But once you get it, the reward is incredible. Being able to go anywhere and launch your truck into a perfect backflip is rewarding. Calling out a double and landing it with ease, amazing. Does it go perfectly 100% of the time, no. But it does get better as time goes on. The better you get, the larger the risks you are willing to take, so damage is not something that disappears, more of a trophy you get for reaching the next level. Keep doing what your doing, and hold on to that great attitude. One last thing, here's another video that helped me to understand the dynamics of jumping a little better. The descriptions are very thorough and will definitely help you to learn and understand why the truck does what it does.
. Looking forward to seeing your progress, and try not to follow in the @jondilly1974 and @Notorious J path too closely. We might seem like jesters, but we want to lock it in and be better just like everyone else. It just helps to be able to laugh at the things that happen, so we can take the abuse on our wallets with less of a frown.????

Oh and now the Kraton... this one hurts a bit more..?

Landed, well not quite..!! It was a double but all the impact was on one rear wheel at an angle... oh well ?

If you look at the crown gear its got two flat spots on it and my mesh was really good, goes to show the impact..?
Lost count on the bent screws today...?

Jenny's to the rescue.....

Attachments

• IMG_3641.jpeg
    IMG_3641.jpeg
    459.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3643.jpeg
    IMG_3643.jpeg
    322.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3644.jpg
    IMG_3644.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3645.jpg
    IMG_3645.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3646.jpg
    IMG_3646.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 43
Today i have busted 2 monting screws on my 2400kv motor of my kraton 4s why cant i have fun in peace is it too much i ask?
I have ask horizon if i can claim warranty for it because i cant use my 13t with the stock motor mount anymore

After over a year of abuse this happened to my rear diff in my LC Racing EMB-TGH.
In the process of tearing down, so far crown and pinion are gonzo, spur and motor pinion appear to be as well. Good news it is $5.50 for a new set, bad news I have to wait 3 days to get them.

My savox 1210sg died in my outcast this weekend. Decided to take it apart for fun and see what's going on in there.

Appears it cooked a mosfet (top/middle IC):
2019-0916-Savox1210sg-BlownIC-4509GM-74631E.jpg

Not sure I can find the proper replacement or if I could, remove it and solder in a new one... I'm not sure what the second row of numbers means. I was able to find quite a few 4509GM ic's...

Kind of pointless as really, it's not that waterproof as it turns out. There isn't an o-ring on the output shaft. Which means any water that gets in there runs right down into the motor then down to the circuit board which is very thinly coated with conformal, or mostly coated with it.

I replaced it with a DS3225 25KG Coreless Digital RC. Will see what $31 gets me vs $85.

Thought I’d blown the diff on my Kraton 4s when I landed a double backflip and lost all drive to the rear...... then I lifted the rear skid plate and found the start of the problem....snapped the hole chassis!

Attachments

• 91365095-9E14-4EEF-8F9F-FECEBC1BFF15.jpeg
    91365095-9E14-4EEF-8F9F-FECEBC1BFF15.jpeg
    436.3 KB · Views: 38
Thought I’d blown the diff on my Kraton 4s when I landed a double backflip and lost all drive to the rear...... then I lifted the rear skid plate and found the start of the problem....snapped the hole chassis!
Good thing it’s a cheap fix. ??‍♂️

Oh and now the Kraton... this one hurts a bit more..?

Landed, well not quite..!! It was a double but all the impact was on one rear wheel at an angle... oh well ?

If you look at the crown gear its got two flat spots on it and my mesh was really good, goes to show the impact..?
Lost count on the bent screws today...?

Jenny's to the rescue.....
Duuude!!

I blasted the Talion, Kraton and Granite all afternoon and only stretched out a shock rod end. Had the ramps out and everything...folks stopping by to watch and ask questions...which was neat as always (to show off.) Usually when folks are watching I send it big because gotta represent but today all went well for me. Just rod ends on the new EBAY Special shocks.
All good though because I have some Traxxas shock ends on-hand and will put em on. If they don't break sitting on the shelf overnight, I'll see what they're made of tomorrow. Cleaning and lubing all trucks before shut it down for the night...new habit I'm trying to get on. Good day for me. ??

Good thing it’s a cheap fix. ??‍♂️
Indeed it is, funny thing is I’d decided about 10 mins before snapping the chassis I need to upgrade to the 6s Kraton. Just love these trucks!

Back