What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dunno there seems to be everything in the way lol

droop-screw.png

ahh I see how ya got in there, I was tryin to get in from another angle :D

I'll get it fixed this morning just now waking up *yawn* and of corse it friggin snowed last night.. stupid winter.

So I got it all fixed up, the upper a-arms on the stock won't allow you access to that screw without removing the upper pin that holds the arm in place and then u can get to it, Which in my case was good cause the dog bone was out of the axel cup so I hada remove the upper part anyway lol

this car is a friggin BREEZE to work on tho fa real compared to traxxas.. I dunno wtf the lhs guy was talking bout when he said these were a pain In the ass to work on lol

The thing that bugs me the most is the fact that when i lost control of the car (while turning and braking) and the car rotated 180°, i instinctively slammed the brakes, and instead of braking the car reversed at full speed into the wall...

That's it, i'm turning off reverse on all of my cars.

(edit: typo fixed. breaking -> braking)
I never leave the reverse at full speed. If you turn the setting down that won't happen.

I never leave the reverse at full speed. If you turn the setting down that won't happen.

The default is 37.5%. It can be slowed down to 25%, which is what I am going to do for all my trucks.

So I got it all fixed up, the upper a-arms on the stock won't allow you access to that screw without removing the upper pin that holds the arm in place and then u can get to it, Which in my case was good cause the dog bone was out of the axel cup so I hada remove the upper part anyway lol

this car is a friggin BREEZE to work on tho fa real compared to traxxas.. I dunno wtf the lhs guy was talking bout when he said these were a pain In the ass to work on lol

To further my explanation of setting droop, what I do is put the truck on a stand so the wheels are off the ground. I then remove the bottom of the shock ant let the a-arm/tire hang. I then adjust the screw so that the mount for the bottom of the shock is slightly above where the loose shock bottom is. I make it so I have to slightly compress the shock to get the shock back on. This way I know that when the a-arm is fully in a down position the shock won’t be over extended. Do this for all 4 shocks.

Think I stripped the spur gear in my slash, put a 3s in it and not even 2 mins later burnt plastic smell :\

Traxxas strikes again.

EDIT: May have a slight fracture in my ankle.....I jumped off the stairs landed wrong and something went CRACK.... gonna head to the walkin clinic to see what the FRIGGING FRACKLE STICKS I did to my ankle now :\

Last edited:
Think I stripped the spur gear in my slash, put a 3s in it and not even 2 mins later burnt plastic smell :\

Traxxas strikes again.

EDIT: May have a slight fracture in my ankle.....I jumped off the stairs landed wrong and something went CRACK.... gonna head to the walkin clinic to see what the FRIGGING FRACKLE STICKS I did to my ankle now :\
Hope you're ok and its nothing more than the cracking like when you do it to your knuckles.

Hope you're ok and its nothing more than the cracking like when you do it to your knuckles.

Doing ok docs not sure if its broken or not sent me over for an xray now I gotta wait for them to call back with the results .. sounded like someone broke a wooden spoon in half so it was pretty loud and likely broken.. hurts but nothing I cant handle :D

Honestly im more pissed some jerk off tried to scam me on ebay sending me a refurbished BRCC or at least one that's been used...

Attachments

• DSCN0101.JPG
    DSCN0101.JPG
    283.5 KB · Views: 43
hit a tree and cracked lower right control arm on the front that I just replaced 2 days ago. it only broke one sideof the arm so I kept going. hit the same tree on the other side and broke the steering block.... had a new block because new ones come in pairs. the night I bought my granite blx 4x4 (last Thursday)I hit my mother in law's car and broke the right side suspension completely off. both turnbuckle links, arm, steering block, and the steering rack. wife was kinda pissed. so I used my spare parts to fix tonight's dsmage. and glued the control arm back together

hit a tree and cracked lower right control arm on the front that I just replaced 2 days ago. it only broke one sideof the arm so I kept going. hit the same tree on the other side and broke the steering block.... had a new block because new ones come in pairs. the night I bought my granite blx 4x4 (last Thursday)I hit my mother in law's car and broke the right side suspension completely off. both turnbuckle links, arm, steering block, and the steering rack. wife was kinda pissed. so I used my spare parts to fix tonight's dsmage. and glued the control arm back together
The big knob on the controller is for steering ?

Yikes that landing had me cringing lol Easy fix tho so ya got that going for ya! :D

I've had plenty of those on my 1/8th scale rigs and I usually just end up popping off a turnbuckle, lol. I didn't realize I lost the turnbuckle that adjusts camber until I came inside. I used the video footage to pinpoint where I landed and found it in 30 seconds.

Back