What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry mate... poor explanation by me. The pillow ball retainers are moving out, not the spacers. Will remove the spacers and tighten up. If they pillow balls move again I'll use a dab of blue loctite or super glue.
E6000 is better IMO. Tried them all. BSI black rubberized CA also worked for me on the PB threads to the arms. I tried that on the Noto. The Kraton I have E6000(ShooGoo). They are both holding. I didn't like regular CA on them. TL, I just wont use on anything except metal on metal threads. TL is an acid based compound and I don't feel works best on nylons and composite plastics. I feel it can break down the nylons and plastics. And impacts will break the bond. But others use it on their PB threads.:unsure:

So while changing the front bearings and shocks on the Typhon 3s, this is what I found once I got things apart. Front steering block was cracked and both front wheels as well. The wheels are split right to the hub, one worse than the other. The fact they stayed together just from the force of the nut is what surprised me the most. Out of all the things that have broke so far, the wheels are the only thing I'm going to try to warranty.
20200103_161029.jpg
20200103_143006.jpg

https://tboneracing.net/products/db04-du-bro-wheel-1-3-4-solid-tire-aluminum-hub-80003

Will have to see if dubro sells them that way. Wouldn't mind replacing the ones on one of my trucks as it has the old aluminum hub version which binds and tightens the screw down so it doesn't spin.

Thanks @olds97_lss , I can't have looked hard enough. Cheers. I still don't know why they failed. I wouldn't have thought they were stressed much compared to wheel bearings etc.

Thanks @olds97_lss , I can't have looked hard enough. Cheers. I still don't know why they failed. I wouldn't have thought they were stressed much compared to wheel bearings etc.
Probably from hard landings on them more so than them doing their job. I've popped the rubber wheels off my tbone wheelie bars on my trucks. I drilled out the bolt holes on one and used the arrma wheels/post from my outcast on it instead. If that part wasn't $20, I'd buy 3 of them and replace those wheels on my other 3 trucks with t-bone wheelie bars (ERBEv2, Savage Flux HP, SavageX). For now, the only one with the "good" arrma wheels is my outcast. The rest still have the old aluminum hub ones.

2019-1227-Outcast-Max6-escSide.jpg

Honestly though, for $3, I might just buy them from tbone directly for my other 3 trucks. $20 worth of wheelie bar wheels.

Probably from hard landings on them more so than them doing their job. I've popped the rubber wheels off my tbone wheelie bars on my trucks. I drilled out the bolt holes on one and used the arrma wheels/post from my outcast on it instead. If that part wasn't $20, I'd buy 3 of them and replace those wheels on my other 3 trucks with t-bone wheelie bars (ERBEv2, Savage Flux HP, SavageX). For now, the only one with the "good" arrma wheels is my outcast. The rest still have the old aluminum hub ones.

Honestly though, for $3, I might just buy them from tbone directly for my other 3 trucks. $20 worth of wheelie bar wheels.

Just ordered them. $16 postage on a $6 part though.

So while changing the front bearings and shocks on the Typhon 3s, this is what I found once I got things apart. Front steering block was cracked and both front wheels as well. The wheels are split right to the hub, one worse than the other. The fact they stayed together just from the force of the nut is what surprised me the most. Out of all the things that have broke so far, the wheels are the only thing I'm going to try to warranty.View attachment 59435View attachment 59436
020E8583-C23B-4E18-BAF9-44E47DC8EE76.jpeg

Anyone know of a talion upgrade wing mount not aluminum??? I seen the bone typhoon option but it say will not fit talion...

I got my lhs to order the HR blocks today. I'm trying not to shop online as much as I can to save on shipping from the US. This is another one of those parts that's not available on Amazon.ca??
As I always say, it sucks to suck. ??

I've been eating thosee TBR wheely wheels too. Every 5 or 6 packs and one is bricked, the other on its way out. On the street, the bearings just explode at some point and the wheel separates and the wheel flys into the sunset. In the dirt I find the bearings get packed with dirt despite the rubber seals and tumble wumbles bends the 3mm cap screws till they snap.
I called Jacob at TBR and he sold me two more sets and a third set on him. I feel the simpler Arrma wheelies are more durable.(without Ball bearings) I may consider no wheelie wheels, just remove altogether.

Not broken, just wear n tear. Son wore out his first set of tyres on his Senton. They have been on their last leg for a while and we have been gluing them to get more time.

Look how tall the new tyres of same size look against the worn ones.

20200108_124745.jpg

20200108_124833.jpg

Thought it was the slipper, but turns out the difs don't like the extra grip of the Badlands? "Hello Ted (Jennys), it's Johnny. Yes, that Johnny. Got a minute?"
20200115_201544.jpg

Thought it was the slipper, but turns out the difs don't like the extra grip of the Badlands? "Hello Ted (Jennys), it's Johnny. Yes, that Johnny. Got a minute?"View attachment 61122
You know I haven't even looked at my diffs since I bought my Typhon last year. I wonder how bad they are lol.

You know I haven't even looked at my diffs since I bought my Typhon last year. I wonder how bad they are lol.
I knew mine was gone when the rear wheels stopped spinning???

Son broke the front skid plate on his Senton 1/10. He may have hit something that didn't move. I think this is a common weak point on the 1/10, yes?

20200120_180710.jpg

New part already ordered from St. Louis RC.

Back