What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took my rebuilt Kraton out for a little test drive. Within about 5 minutes I botched a landing and snapped the wing clean off. I continued to run without the wing for a short while until one of the front cvd’s pooped out of the diff cup and wedged itself in between the cup and the arm. Bent the CVD pretty badly. Had a spare and replaced it. Finished up with no other issues.
I remember a thread about the RPM arms maybe being too flexible. You think that's what might have caused the cvd to poop out?

I just fixed my broken diff in Talion which turned out to be a messed up motor set screw and it only took me 2 diffs in and out to figure out..im fired.....lol
Not fired yet, just reduced back to intern status. Land five jumps in a row with the same ramp as in your videos, and master status will be reinstated. Uncut video proof mandatory.

lol.. It just drags the vids out too long when you don't edit out the run back to ramp... last vid were all consecutive jumps just edited out bull$hit like me fixing servo alignment each jump...

Totally zorched the rear diff on my Senton 4x4. It started with a click and I just kept hammering it until it was front wheel drive only. This truck has a Castle Mamba X and a 1410 3800kv motor.

Took my notorious out this morning and the only thing that broke was my will to stand outside in freezing temps so I quickly came back inside.
A great day if not one fiddlesticking piece of poop broke! (y)

Totally zorched the rear diff on my Senton 4x4. It started with a click and I just kept hammering it until it was front wheel drive only. This truck has a Castle Mamba X and a 1410 3800kv motor.

View attachment 30033
Since I know nothing about this line of Arrma trucks, I'm gonna ask. Do they not offer a steel pinion and spur for this set up, or is it just a matter of better that the plastic goes, instead of something else?

Since I know nothing about this line of Arrma trucks, I'm gonna ask. Do they not offer a steel pinion and spur for this set up, or is it just a matter of better that the plastic goes, instead of something else?

No metal gears yet but I can tell you this: I have damaged more 6s ring/pinion gears than the 3s BLX ones. The BLX diffs/input gears have some really thick teeth.

I didn't break these today, but I found them yesterday. These are the pins that hold the top suspension arms in on the Notorious. They were pretty bent. New ones on the left, bent ones on the right.

20190213_111112.jpg

Today the wheelie bar mount snapped on one of many tail landings. Fixed it temporarily with tie wraps, duct tape and a piece of coat hanger. RPM wing mount arms held up perfectly. Body cracked out of my stupidity. I have one hand in a splint, so was kicking the truck over whenever it flipped. Kicked it too hard and bent it into the chassis. Voila, split down the center. Easy fix. Gotta give props to the TBone front bumper. Landed on the nose more than a dozen times, smacked a tree and a sign post more times than I care to mention. Not even a bit of damage.

Attachments

• 20190223_161850.jpg
    20190223_161850.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 20190223_162207.jpg
    20190223_162207.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 40
Today the wheelie bar mount snapped on one of many tail landings. Fixed it temporarily with tie wraps, duct tape and a piece of coat hanger. RPM wing mount arms held up perfectly. Body cracked out of my stupidity. I have one hand in a splint, so was kicking the truck over whenever it flipped. Kicked it too hard and bent it into the chassis. Voila, split down the center. Easy fix. Gotta give props to the TBone front bumper. Landed on the nose more than a dozen times, smacked a tree and a sign post more times than I care to mention. Not even a bit of damage.

those sign poles will get you every time... lol

Broke my T-Bone front bumper, arrma wing mount and cracked the body a little more. When this body finally goes I think I will go wingless with the senton brace mounts and t bone rear bumper/wheelie bar. The T-Bone stuff a least has a warranty and they are good with honoring it. I break a wing mount i week on this thing.

Attachments

• 225595A5-CC21-4709-8735-753492CD9EB1.jpeg
    225595A5-CC21-4709-8735-753492CD9EB1.jpeg
    298.3 KB · Views: 35
My stock Kraton tires were ballooning so bad on a 20t pinion that a 4” piece of foam flew out of a 1/2” slit in the tire!

Back