What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen a few guys drill a hole in the a arm then add a flat spot on the threaded end of the pillow ball so it lines up under the hole and then stick a grub screw in the hole. I'm pretty sure they used an M4 grub screw.

I actually did this yesterday but it looks worse today.
I've seriously smashed that shin 4 times in the past 3 weeks it hurts like a mother trucker.

View attachment 51115
Ouch. Heal up brother. Maybe invest in some stilts ??‍♂️

Another way you could lock the pillow shafts in place would be to drill a smaller hole thru both the arm and bolt and use a cotter pin. This would reduce the amount of structural integrity that would be removed. I also think it would be more effective. Maybe a dab of epoxy on the threads too.

Ouch. Heal up brother. Maybe invest in some stilts ??‍♂️

Another way you could lock the pillow shafts in place would be to drill a smaller hole thru both the arm and bolt and use a cotter pin. This would reduce the amount of structural integrity that would be removed. I also think it would be more effective. Maybe a dab of epoxy on the threads too.
Or use plumber's tape ??

You knew I would be here. You knew it.

Some of this was predicted. Some of it new.

A3D4AEF9-4105-4B5C-96AF-8D35CA0D0E8E.jpeg

Yes I BROKE the outer section of the rear slider shaft. First time I didn’t just pop the joint. It busted off one ear. Easy fix. ??

Next one was on the Kraton.

F8262F9F-C4AF-4CED-93CE-D94B2E1A14CA.jpeg

At least the arms didn’t break ??‍♂️

Off to HobbyTown I go ??‍♂️

View attachment 51166

Yes I BROKE the outer section of the rear slider shaft. First time I didn’t just pop the joint. It busted off one ear. Easy fix. ??

View attachment 51167

Somehow I'm still using the factory turnbuckles.

Not what you think. Typhon is fine? The esc in the Notorious, well that's acting up now. Could be thermal issue, but not likely. Stops moving, steering ok, turn off then on again, and off she goes. Minute later, repeat. Never had a hear issue before so maybe it's just trying to say good bye. Maybe she's jealous?

Yea I'm hoping that don't keep happening. I think it backed out and when I did my cartwheel it gave the space for the bone to pop out. I'm going to be keeping an eye on it. Rpm arms and HR hubs are next on my upgrade list. But thanks for pointing it out, always appreciate when people look out for each other.

You could wrap with plumber's teflon tape to make a tighter fit. Sometimes it helps for metal into plastic.

Broke a rear hub pin on my outcast today. Think it was a nasty landing that should have busted the arm. Instead just poked a hole (ground a hole) in my probodyrc body from my titanium tower and snapped a pin.
2019-1019-Outcast-BrokenRearHubPin.jpg

Also, either I got a dud DS3225 servo, or this is what $32 gets you... it's kind of unusable. Causes the outcast to go all cattywampus in the air. At first I thought the servo saver was too loose, tightened it, but still had the same result when out in the field. Checked it on my bench and in one direction, the servo arm will move about 1/16-1/8 turn before holding solidly enough to break the servo saver loose. Similar in the other direction, but it doesn't move nearly as far before the servo saver lets go.

Think I'll try putting the savox 1210 that I repaired back in and see how that does.

Broke a rear hub pin on my outcast today. Think it was a nasty landing that should have busted the arm. Instead just poked a hole (ground a hole) in my probodyrc body from my titanium tower and snapped a pin.

Also, either I got a dud DS3225 servo, or this is what $32 gets you... it's kind of unusable. Causes the outcast to go all cattywampus in the air. At first I thought the servo saver was too loose, tightened it, but still had the same result when out in the field. Checked it on my bench and in one direction, the servo arm will move about 1/16-1/8 turn before holding solidly enough to break the servo saver loose. Similar in the other direction, but it doesn't move nearly as far before the servo saver lets go.

Think I'll try putting the savox 1210 that I repaired back in and see how that does.
That video appears to be the saver flexing more than the servo shaft. They both flex tho

Not today but on my Granite BLX, on the first run, I bent a rear shock shaft. Fixed, bashed on a skate park, bent the aluminum motor mount. Hammered it straight (parts on order)Upgraded the tires to Belted Trenchers.. hit a pole head on and broke the entire front left arm assembly and shocks (on 2S lipo). Lastly.. the body has split in half on a hard landing... originally had orange/black but got the Red/black body this time... feels like new Again...

Didn't have a breakage, more of a failure. First off, epic bash at a super gnarly skatepark, with over 10' deep bowls that I was launching 20' straight up, and coming back down, sometimes almost all the way at the bottom. ??

So the "failure" is the Tekno locking perches, they just couldn't hold the springs on both rear shocks.? so I tried compressing my springs diameter before this. Is there another way people are making this work?
20191019_225831.jpg

Didn't have a breakage, more of a failure. First off, epic bash at a super gnarly skatepark, with over 10' deep bowls that I was launching 20' straight up, and coming back down, sometimes almost all the way at the bottom. ??

So the "failure" is the Tekno locking perches, they just couldn't hold the springs on both rear shocks.? so I tried compressing my springs diameter before this. Is there another way people are making this work?
View attachment 51322
I wonder if you got the right ones... or if arrma changed their springs. Mine don't do that at all. I have the Tekno TKR6140B and TKR5049A on my 2018 outcast shocks.

@olds97_lss
I do the mod on those pins and use 2.5mm HSS drills, haven't had one break since changing them and trust me I'm a terrible driver...???

Not today but on my Granite BLX, on the first run, I bent a rear shock shaft. Fixed, bashed on a skate park, bent the aluminum motor mount. Hammered it straight (parts on order)Upgraded the tires to Belted Trenchers.. hit a pole head on and broke the entire front left arm assembly and shocks (on 2S lipo). Lastly.. the body has split in half on a hard landing... originally had orange/black but got the Red/black body this time... feels like new Again...
Now this is a guy I can relate to?? First day on the forum and straight to "what did you break today". Noto J's got company up here north of the border.

so I had orderd some hr towers before Mitchell at m2c had released his needless to say I orderd his the day they went online but I just undid my bent shock standoff and was pretty disgusted at what I saw. HR won’t see a cent from me ever again, just shows how soft there products are!
happy to say my m2c kit is here this week so Ill be doing the full beefcake then rather than in peices!

Attachments

• 8A43C376-E818-48DD-9606-4CAE3018F7D4.jpeg
    8A43C376-E818-48DD-9606-4CAE3018F7D4.jpeg
    229.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 099DBEFD-2838-43A6-8D1D-E5E104666F2A.jpeg
    099DBEFD-2838-43A6-8D1D-E5E104666F2A.jpeg
    245.7 KB · Views: 45
so I had orderd some hr towers before Mitchell at m2c had released his needless to say I orderd his the day they went online but I just undid my bent shock standoff and was pretty disgusted at what I saw. HR won’t see a cent from me ever again, just shows how soft there products are!
happy to say my m2c kit is here this week so Ill be doing the full beefcake then rather than in peices!
Yeah their shock towers aren't much better than stock. I've had their front and rear chassis braces for 2 years now and no problem. Their suspension mounts and gearbox cases have been good since June. Their motor mount sucks, it develops slop in the lower part of the mount it allows the motor to actually move up and down, this becomes more noticeable with larger sized motors.

Yep, I had some gnarly skatepark hits on some of my landings yesterday. One of which I came down (I mean straight down?) from 20' onto my lid into a concrete 12' deep bowl. Did any of my stuff from m2c, Voltage Hobbies, GKA, and JBI flinch? Nope, and their's no way the stock motor mount (even the V4) would of survived the 4985 Hobbywing I have hanging off it. The m2c motor mount proved it's worth in spades yesterday. The stock mount with the plastic bearing carrier wouldn't have, and the H.R. "upgraded" mount on Amazon would've torn like your towers. Yeah it was a lot for my beast Mode Arrma upgrades, but they pay for themselves over going the cheap route. ??

***Update to Tekno Spring Perches***

So I removed the shocks, took the springs & worked the diameter in with a pair of vise grips. The tail of my springs, with the texture, was outside the next coil. So, I worked them inward, careful to keep their "roundness". We'll see if they hold.?

View attachment 51166

View attachment 51167

Broke the other rear link today. ??‍♂️

Back