What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took 10 cars to the lake this weekend.
Nephew burned up the brushed motor in the Ecx Torment.
I hit the side of the makeshift ramp I made out of a pile of wood with the Arrma DB and broke the right front c hub.
I broke 3 rod ends on the Outcast and pretzeled the front cvds.
Were 3 of the remaining 7 tow trucks? :)

Were 3 of the remaining 7 tow trucks? :)
No, WLToys 12428, WLToys 144001, LC Racing EMB-T, LC Racing EMB-MT, Traxxas Monster Slash, Traxxas Summit, Arrma Senton 3s and HPI Vorza. And I miscounted I'm pretty sure that makes 11 not 10.

Wait .. did you just say that the Trx's outlasted the Arrma's? How DARE you! ;)
I lied I just saw that I bent a shock shaft on the cheap Chinese shocks I bought for the Monster Slash.

But is that Trx fault .. or China's? Blame it on CV, everyone else is. :D
I blame the guy selling them as high quality.
Sort of like the driveshafts I bought for my Ruckus, the ad said "new thicker metal no need worry about bend" guess what happened the first time I took it out :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Blew up two tires in less than 5 minutes on concrete with my K6s v4 with stock electronics geared up to 17 teeth. That didn't happen on stock gearing. I guess I will not be doing that anymore. I probably need belted tires.
20200708_132441.jpg

I‘m going to ask here instead of opening a new thread: technically not broken but today I’ve noticed that my Typhon’s front arms are all crooked.

few weeks ago I already had the impression that the front was all messed up, wheels/turnbuckles/shocks weren’t properly aligned.

anyway: 2 arms and 1 turnbuckle are bent.

now if I recall correctly, there’s a method to straighten them back... was it by boiling them?

cheerz!

I‘m going to ask here instead of opening a new thread: technically not broken but today I’ve noticed that my Typhon’s front arms are all crooked.

few weeks ago I already had the impression that the front was all messed up, wheels/turnbuckles/shocks weren’t properly aligned.

anyway: 2 arms and 1 turnbuckle are bent.

now if I recall correctly, there’s a method to straighten them back... was it by boiling them?

cheerz!
Yup boil them until they soften up and then reform them as best as you can.

I've been out of the loop for a while. It's not so hot tonight and dark outside so I ran the brcc while I jammed a Mixmag set from the shop. My break could've been worse and easy fix but cut the fun short.

View attachment 90148
View attachment 90149
It doesn't even look like anything broke. Looks like the screw came out?

Edit- Oh I see it now, I didn't notice the second bearing at fist. That is such a weird place for a breakage.

It doesn't even look like anything broke. Looks like the screw came out?

Edit- Oh I see it now, I didn't notice the second bearing at fist. That is such a weird place for a breakage.
Broke to me means doesn't work until I fix it.
I've had it happen before and threadlock is old and probably didn't hold up on that bolt.
weird place for a breakage
I'm glad it turned out so easy to diagnose and will be easy to get back to run again. No intention of running it tonight so I just stuck it on the side and will get it straight before I go out again.
One thing that impressed me though was that I flipped over about 3/4 block away and was able to self-right the brcc right in the street! First I've done that on this truck but I was on a healthy 3s pack and only about 6min in runtime when it flipped. The separation that grounded me happened in the backyard when I was bringing it home close to lvc.

Back