What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Broke an elk early this morning, then broke myself quartering, deboning the quarters, and packing it all off the mountain. Chasing ibuprofen with rye now.
Wait, what? That sounds like way to much work. If you need someone to do all this for you just let me know. I'm willing to help a brother out! ;)

Broke an elk early this morning, then broke myself quartering, deboning the quarters, and packing it all off the mountain. Chasing ibuprofen with rye now.
Pics or it didn’t happen and you have to ship me a roast. ??????

Broke my motivation today.

Somewhat frustrating day. Decided to take the Kraton to a new skate park inside a normal park area. Arrived, did some jumps and about 10 min into it a park ranger came up and 'No RC, no motors of any kind, no sports etc in this park.' New ordinance disallowing all RC, sport and bike activities on open areas due to injuries...
Packed up and went to Lake Park (RC track aka supposedly the birthplace of Arrma) but the track itself is for 1/10 scale and not suitable for my type of bashing. Went to the BMX trial area (dirt) in this park which was always ok to use and did another 15 min of jumping fun. Left when a 2 parents showed up with their little ones and went outside the fenced area. As soon as I was outside the fence a truck pulled up, park ranger 'No RC, no motors of any kind on the BMX area', he continued on and chased away the parents with their 8yr old because he had an electric scooter/bike, the 4 yr old with his push bike was ok....

I headed to a parking lot and had some on road fun, burned out a set of tires on my little 1/10, for The Infraction I only had one pack left but that was fun as well.
In other words, unless I can get a portable ramp I'm out of all options. I can still bash in a little side park but grass is not well maintained.

Somewhat frustrating, other than on-road it's almost impossible around here. Putting my next RC purchase on hold until I can find an area to bash. Going to try beaches in the near future but that comes with a bunch of extra maintenance and must be a public beach or it will fall under this silly ordinance (to be researched, different county)
This is becoming a recurring theme for a lot of rc bashers. Covid isn't helping either. Our group up here near Toronto has done some pretty sketchy maneuvers to hit the best spots, but our ambition keeps getting weaker. We bought a giant colapsable Freshpark bmx ramp in the hope we could make any spot a good one, but the thing weighs a ton so it ended up in someone's garage collecting dust. None of us have a pick up truck, so building a large ramp is off the books. I've always had fun in construction sites, but the dirt and dust takes its toll quickly on my trucks. This is why I've been enjoying the speed run part of the hobby. Big parking lots and dead end roads make awesome playgrounds. But not jumping and flipping is starting to bum me out. There's one good concrete skate park I go to, but it just beats the living daylights out of the trucks. I feel your pain brother. Motivation is being broken everywhere

This is becoming a recurring theme for a lot of rc bashers. Covid isn't helping either. Our group up here near Toronto has done some pretty sketchy maneuvers to hit the best spots, but our ambition keeps getting weaker. We bought a giant colapsable Freshpark bmx ramp in the hope we could make any spot a good one, but the thing weighs a ton so it ended up in someone's garage collecting dust. None of us have a pick up truck, so building a large ramp is off the books. I've always had fun in construction sites, but the dirt and dust takes its toll quickly on my trucks. This is why I've been enjoying the speed run part of the hobby. Big parking lots and dead end roads make awesome playgrounds. But not jumping and flipping is starting to bum me out. There's one good concrete skate park I go to, but it just beats the living daylights out of the trucks. I feel your pain brother. Motivation is being broken everywhere
We used to have a quite a few spots around here, one of my bash spots an old BMX track that was leveled and turned into a flat field......... the current place I run at is too small for anything larger than a 1/8th buggy and the rain over the past few years has taken it's toll on the track as it is all washed out in some places so there are rocks and tree roots sticking out everywhere. I found a new spot recently that seems okay the layout of the jumps is rather odd but they work.

I would run on road or try speed runs but 99% of the roads here suck, the only nice parking lots are some of the churches but they aren't big enough to run an Infraction, Felony or Limitless or to do speed runs in. Unfortunately around here we don't have long straight flat stretches of smooth road that do not see a lot of traffic. All the nice smooth stretches are main roadways even going out in the middle of the night see a lot of traffic. Anything that doesn't see a lot of traffic is filled with pot holes and cracks or is dirt/gravel :(

My only restriction to any type of bashing is weather. 20+mph winds whipping today with rain/snow mix. No way I’m going out in this mess ?? Wish I lived in Florida ?

80F today. Start of bashing season was ~ 2 weeks ago ;)

Don't ever look at telemetry while driving, the curb came out of nowhere....pin is gone, they should really anodize them fluorescent orange.

20201101_131418.jpg

Last edited:
My only restriction to any type of bashing is weather. 20+mph winds whipping today with rain/snow mix. No way I’m going out in this mess ?? Wish I lived in Florida ?
You sure you don't live in England..?? sounds like my weather..??

Hit a tree with my slampede... what really hurts is I didn't get it on video!
2020-1107-stampede-brokenGPM-SLA019A%26HRAxleCarrier.jpg

I goofed up my camera settings by trying to mess with it via the remote and apparently I turned on the "time-lapse" feature that I've never used before. So I got a snapshot just before the tree and then it laying on it's roof. :(

I mean, covid is one thing, but is anyone looking into these moving trees?!?!

FYI, it should look more like this:
2020-1104-stampede-frontAxleCarrierHingePinsCollars-top.jpg

Drive time, 5 minutes. Cost, $60... stupid trees.

Our trees don't roam to much, but I have no idea why the city put in magnetic curbs! :unsure: ?

Hit a tree with my slampede... what really hurts is I didn't get it on video!
2020-1107-stampede-brokenGPM-SLA019A%26HRAxleCarrier.jpg

I goofed up my camera settings by trying to mess with it via the remote and apparently I turned on the "time-lapse" feature that I've never used before. So I got a snapshot just before the tree and then it laying on it's roof. :(

FYI, it should look more like this:
2020-1104-stampede-frontAxleCarrierHingePinsCollars-top.jpg

Drive time, 5 minutes. Cost, $60... stupid trees.
Holy shoot.

Broke another turnbuckle on the rear of my ERBEv2. This time the turnbuckle snapped vs just the end. Then I broke the servo saver in it where the bearing sits, so it was flopping around. Still turned, but was a bit sketchy.

Ran a hard set of packs through my outcast after 2 sets through the revo and no issues at all. I had another set of packs, but I was fried by then, so decided to call it a day with a truck still in working order.

Break, well technically, no. But I'm pretty sure I can't buff it out

View attachment 108328

View attachment 108329
Looks like my 2 mos old Noto when I tried 6S for the very first time. Same thing happened. At least HH rebuilt it with $300. worth of parts. They were better off just replacing it. The Noto was new and hard to find, so they had the parts to repair it including a new body. I hear the older BLX185's fired up easily??

Looks like my 2 mos old Noto when I tried 6S for the very first time. Same thing happened. At least HH rebuilt it with $300. worth of parts. They were better off just replacing it. The Noto was new and hard to find, so they had the parts to repair it including a new body. I hear the older BLX185's fired up easily??
I know the BLX180 was known to start on fire.

I guess I missed the rear hingepin holder from my last crash, went out today and it literally fell apart after ~ 100ft :cry:
All fixed up now with an old Kraton piece, replaced a pin on the front driveshaft while I was at it.

rearhinge.jpg

This was probably a long time coming on these a arms only God knows how old they are.
20201116_232343.jpg

Really getting sick of replacing these damn things.
20201116_233046.jpg

Not even sure how this happened.
FB_IMG_1605594762350.jpg

Back