What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Landed a beautiful triple a weeee bit to the left. Snapped the driveshaft in two. Busted a shock end in the same hit. Arm is fractured but still useable. Wanna see the crash, available in super slow mo on my Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CLkjZdtnrLE/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

20210221_163729.jpg

On to the EXB. Front gear box snapped in half at the bottom. Subsequent damage includes fried Input pinion and dif spur. Everything is replaced including steering post bearings (were bushings) plus front rear lower suspension mount, with one from Custom Rc Upgrades........just because I had it apart.

So, had a bash fest today with another group. The 3s did ARRMA proud, yet....
What did I NOT break today?
Last week an embarrassing mishap happened. Lost my 3s body. RIP.
So I got myself a Chevy C-10 and did a nice paint to have something for Senty to wear today..total loss? You be the judge. Sooner or later I will learn this truck wasnt made to jump.
Curiously, even with new locknuts, this same tire has a habit of popping off. 4th time in a week and the axle threads are fine.
On a side note, should we have special badges for those who break chassis'? Not exactly easy, ya know..
20210228_194643.jpg

20210228_194701.jpg

20210228_194830.jpg

20210228_194840.jpg
20210228_194852.jpg
Screenshot_20210228-195738_Facebook.jpg

My heart has been broken. My mother is on life support after a stroke yesterday and will most likely be taken off it this morning. I have never hurt like this, had no idea this level of pain existed.
Man, I can't even imagine. Heartfelt condolences and prayers for your mother and your family..

Last edited:
@northeastflyer, were you installing an AVC or gyro type RX?? Which Rx?
Digital servos are required for any AVC or Gyro type Rx's. Nothing in manual is stated about needing digital servo for a standard (Non AVC )RX.
Although digital servos perform best in general in any rig.
And the ADS-15 (6S) standard stock servo is an Analog Servo. Funny how Arrma/HH uses this analog servo in their AVC equipped Rigs out the box. AVC Manual says that's wrong. A big mistake. That's why many don't like how the analog servo works... erratically/poorly with AVC. They blame the AVC and disable it right away. But its the stock Analog Servo that is incorrect for AVC operation. ANY standard RX can work with any Servo( digital or analog)
Food for thought.:cool:
Well that was interesting find. I'm currently testing a Radiolink R7FG) V1.2 gyro-receiver installed on a new Kraton BLX 6s. At the tall end of speed runs the rear end starts hunting quite a lot. I lowered the gyro gain to 10, but the rig is not reading gain changes. I'll replace the spektrum servo with a DIGITAL Savox SB-2292SG to see if it resolves.

At very high speeds (70MPH+ aprox) I feel Gyros in general will oscillate. Even though the rig was powered on STILL and on a level surface, and gyro calibrated properly and the RX is firmly mounted in the RX/chassis. Chassis Vibration at very high speeds causes this oscillation. Drove me crazy for some time. No matter the Gyro gain setting. I disabled it on my R7FG.:cool:
The rig would visibly dance at the rear. That's Steering Oscillation.
I think that Gyros aren't as precise, technology wise, as they should be. At low speeds usually not apparent.

Well that was interesting find. I'm currently testing a Radiolink R7FG) V1.2 gyro-receiver installed on a new Kraton BLX 6s. At the tall end of speed runs the rear end starts hunting quite a lot. I lowered the gyro gain to 10, but the rig is not reading gain changes. I'll replace the spektrum servo with a DIGITAL Savox SB-2292SG to see if it resolves.
Exact same with mine. That's why I keep it off. I always wondered if I set up wrong or gyro is faulty.

Another K8S right front arm... I think that’s like 6 now! Always the front right!! The rest of the arms are still originals. 😱
I’ve got so many lefts it’s ridiculous. 🤪 Anybody got some rights they want to trade for lefts??? 😆

D9F88756-49C5-4705-ADB4-E5B916C1A6AC.jpeg

Oh, and I stripped the threads off the right front hex on the K6S.
🤣🤣🤣

50F00316-EB0A-4290-AE09-24A6467F4CDC.jpeg

Apparently I have habit of pounding the 💩 out of the right front corner of my rigs.. 🤔

Last edited:
Got out today for a little Sunday bash with another member. Took the Kraton EXB, K8, and O6S. The only one that came home without damage was the K8.

O6S - Ecoboost servo done and T-bone bumper busted

Kraton EXB - snapped the wing off, the ripped the rear tower out of the diff case 🤷‍♂️

Had some fun though! (y):ROFLMAO:

E7A1F711-21F7-48B8-A978-A77074F4400C.jpeg

141E87A1-FF83-42F8-AD42-71F5AE556C42.jpeg

F020F23A-D00E-4FC0-8A70-DF53232B5C66.jpeg

Last edited:
Demolished a left rear RPM arm today and ended up with a bent shock shaft as well. That was the Noto, On my offroad Typhon 6s, The on/off switch for the BLX esc got busted about 5 minutes into my run. Gonna just solder one on from one of my dead old ones.

Back