What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Straight outta the bag. Broke 🤣

20220528_111135.jpg

20220528_111122.jpg

Crash or wobble caused it ?
Wobble.. to the point. Don't be surprised if I start parting it out.. Xlx2 and 1650kv and all the extras and upgrades ect. I'm just done with it. I've shimmed everything properly I've tripled checked everything. But at this point I feel like I'm tossing to much money away.

Had a good bash today with these three I selected to run. I was good until I used the wrong wrench to remove the 7mm nut and chewed it up. Bonehead move using the wrong tool. Had to use the dremel to get the wheel off so I could get to the nut off. Nothing I tried worked. Need to order another bedlock rim

1653798686684.png
1653798749523.png

Last edited:
Scorched Part. Broken rear spool. Killed new grps doing fwd burnouts. Killed side skirts. Just in a don't care mood

View attachment 220265

View attachment 220266

Man... That's rough..
I'm sorry to see that. 😢

Had a good bash today with these three I selected to run. I was good until I used the wrong wrench to remove the 7mm nut and chewed it up. Bonehead move using the wrong tool. Had to use the dremel to get the wheel off so I could get to the nut off. Nothing I tried worked. Need to order another bedlock rim

View attachment 220320View attachment 220322

Oooh...
That's quite a Drastic operation..
I know it's too late now.. But, couldn't you just use a pair of vise-grips to grab onto the stripped nut?

Or just use the dremel to "slice" two flat sides on the ruined nut so you could use the vise-grip to try and hold onto... For IF next time it happens.

Last edited:
Oooh...
That's quite a Drastic operation..
I know it's too late now.. But, couldn't you just use a pair of vise-grips to grab onto the stripped nut?

Or just use the dremel to "slice" two flat sides on the ruined nut so you could use the vise-grip to try and hold onto... For IF next time it happens.

Very good advice. I did have small needle-nose grips. The nuts are very good with the deep serrations on the back but the nut is soft aluminum. I could get a bit but it ate the metal away why it looks that way from the grips. Even tried my small blunt nose grips no luck. How deep the center of the wheel is I cannot use bigger grips.

I did use a dremel to help eat around it before the heat iron tried the grips again...but I could not do the slice. When the nut goes on the CVD end of the drive shaft there is about 3-5mm CVD outside the nut. It's the upgraded Tekno driveshaft. Due to the shaft coming way out of the nut, I could not dremel a slot for a flat head.

Man, I tried for hours before going this way I did not want to kill the wheel and it was a painted wheel.

Thx again for the info (y)

Very good advice. I did have small needle-nose grips. The nuts are very good with the deep serrations on the back but the nut is soft aluminum. I could get a bit but it ate the metal away why it looks that way from the grips. Even tried my small blunt nose grips no luck. How deep the center of the wheel is I cannot use bigger grips.

I did use a dremel to help eat around it before the heat iron tried the grips again...but I could not do the slice. When the nut goes on the CVD end of the drive shaft there is about 3-5mm CVD outside the nut. It's the upgraded Tekno driveshaft. Due to the shaft coming way out of the nut, I could not dremel a slot for a flat head.

Man, I tried for hours before going this way I did not want to kill the wheel and it was a painted wheel.

Thx again for the info (y)

Okay. I understand now.
Yeah, without enough room to maneuver anything into the space, it be very difficult to get a vise-grip around the ruined nut.

Wobble.. to the point. Don't be surprised if I start parting it out.. Xlx2 and 1650kv and all the extras and upgrades ect. I'm just done with it. I've shimmed everything properly I've tripled checked everything. But at this point I feel like I'm tossing to much money away.
@real_name_hidden .. I know it's no help to you now, but I did the exact same thing, shimmed and adjusted everything and mine just handles like a dog 😩 my mate on the other hand has done nothing, no shimming or adjusting and his goes as straight as.!!
Truly think the more shimming and adjusting the worse they handle 😉🤣🤣🤣
I too have all but given up with mine, It's currently a shelf queen, or as my Mrs puts it a dust collector..!!🤣

@real_name_hidden .. I know it's no help to you now, but I did the exact same thing, shimmed and adjusted everything and mine just handles like a dog 😩 my mate on the other hand has done nothing, no shimming or adjusting and his goes as straight as.!!
Truly think the more shimming and adjusting the worse they handle 😉🤣🤣🤣
I too have all but given up with mine, It's currently a shelf queen, or as my Mrs puts it a dust collector..!!🤣
It happens. I'm collecting parts again. It's just odd I'm the only one who has issues with the rear driveshafts and diffs. No matter what I'm doing. Thinking it's the chassis flex even though I have a stiff carbon fiber brace instead of the stock stuff.. if anything I've got enough parts to convert the kraton into a road car lol. Win some loose some.

But when I went through and shimmed the front end slop. It goes straight perfectly. Have you stuck thicker fluid in?

Interesting. Is there slop on steering? A arms? Hinges? I'm sure that you have checked it all out.
No slop what so ever..!! that's the annoying thing.
This thing is the least sloppy Arrma I own 🤣 yet it's still a struggle to keep straight..!!
I'm convinced that they need slop, it's the only conclusion I have.. Oh and my mates one also has stock 10k diffs where I believe mine are 100k 😩

I think soon I'll just turn mine into an 8s carpark basher 😵‍💫 and put the Castle/TP stuff into my SWB drag car 🤪

Back