What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I don't have pics because all I do now is repair and go. Kraton at the bmx park yesterday. Front left driveshaft kept popping out. Put it back in three times on site and kept bashing. I've got an rpm lower arm there and it's just too damn flexible. Fourth time was the game ender when I noticed one of the output cups had a piece sheared off. Also broke to shock ends on the Losi LMT, but that's a different conversation. When I got home and began the tear down on the Kraton, noticed the front gear box was mangled too. Only thing holding it on was two screws from the front. New gear box installed, changed the cup on the dif, shaved off about 5mm on the lower arm and about 2mm on the upper. Looks good and ready for action. Oh, and this also happened off one jumpView attachment 235841View attachment 235842

That's gonna be a wheely bad landing.. :rolleyes:

Well my 1st trial w/ the new system went about how I should have expected. Had the nb4 set to 7 second throttle for speed running, didn't respond so I mashed it. In reverse apparently. Think I blew both front bearings & a grp as well. Gotta try to delve into the settings of the xlx2 now

20220813_151740.jpg

20220813_175900.jpg

20220813_175946.jpg

Well my 1st trial w/ the new system went about how I should have expected. Had the nb4 set to 7 second throttle for speed running, didn't respond so I mashed it. In reverse apparently. Think I blew both front bearings & a grp as well. Gotta try to delve into the settings of the xlx2 now

View attachment 235952

View attachment 235953

View attachment 235954
Sucks bro,just switch any 2 of your motor wires around an it'll go forward..if none of the ball bearings are missing,I'd just try to put dust shield back on

View attachment 235952

View attachment 235953

View attachment 235954
BTW first time seeing your layout,looks awesome,did mm flip put the shorter shaft in rear??????more weight up front is always best imo...
@Notorious J giving yourself a reward on your thread doesn't feel right...BUT YOUR CRASH DESERVES A AWARD NO DOUBT ABOUT IT....IM SURE EVERYONE HERE WILL AGREE

Last edited:
Sucks bro,just switch any 2 of your motor wires around an it'll go forward..if none of the ball bearings are missing,I'd just try to put dust shield back on

BTW first time seeing your layout,looks awesome,did mm flip put the shorter shaft in rear??????more weight up front is always best imo...
@Notorious J giving yourself a reward on your thread doesn't feel right...BUT YOUR CRASH DESERVES A AWARD NO DOUBT ABOUT IT....IM SURE EVERYONE HERE WILL AGREE
Thanks bro! Definitely took some head scratchin & a few choice words. Center driveshafts stayed the same, stock whatever in the front & kraton (135mm?) in the rear. Thank god, cuz I bought scorched titanium before I realized I would have to flip the motor mount. Think I'll add some zip ties to the dual lock for insurance on the esc. Drilled holes in the chassis for the battery tray (actually had to drill them twice because the1st attempt was too far forward & hit the servo arm 😕) & had to lean it over a touch so the spur didn't cut into it. I was able to use one of the rx box mounting holes in the hole/bolt that I'd already drilled for the rear skid plate. I'll be a lot happier when I see it screaming past me!!

Somebody pin RC PHOTO OF THE YEAR. This one should start it off!
Sorry @Notorious J for the damaged RC but as stated by @Doom! it's an AWESOME photo!
Totally agree! I love taking (and seeing) different kinds of action shots, different angles, shots likt yours....man, @Notorious J those pics are bangin!!! Landing must have been nuts!! 😧

I reposted it without sound
Man!! My morning terds just crawled back up in me after watching that!! 🤪 :ROFLMAO: Had me all tensed up!!! The slo-mo was great!!!

QQ...if I make my own Notorious J stickers to proudly display, are you going to sue me for copyright infringement?? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::unsure:✌️

Man!! My morning terds just crawled back up in me after watching that!! 🤪 :ROFLMAO: Had me all tensed up!!! The slo-mo was great!!!

QQ...if I make my own Notorious J stickers to proudly display, are you going to sue me for copyright infringement?? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::unsure:✌️
You can make as many as you like. My guy is not well and I don't want to push him to make more. If I had some, I'd happily give them to you.

You can make as many as you like. My guy is not well and I don't want to push him to make more. If I had some, I'd happily give them to you.
Maybe Briaan can be your new manufacturer. lol

Where do I begin..!! :unsure: ( damage wasn't too bad today )
Great weather here today so took the Drag Typhon and my Infraction out.. ( not driven the Infraction since lockdown 2020.!! )

New set of S1's only had one run on them, body flexed and ripped the rear apart..!!
Square piece on table is what caused damage :rolleyes:

IMG_4727.jpeg

So I cut a chunk out of the wheel arch of the body for clearance as you can see above, then fitted an only run once set of S2's..!!
And as you can see below the body flapped again and took out another tyre :ROFLMAO::mad: this is all within 5 minutes of run time..

IMG_4728.jpeg

Spent the rest of the morning with 2x S1's on the rear and 2x S2's on the front :cool: Happy days, fun was had by all ( except my wallet :ROFLMAO: )

Typhon and Infraction gained PB's and suffered no more damage throughout the morning.
I'm now off tyre and body shopping..!!

Back