What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my 1st trial w/ the new system went about how I should have expected. Had the nb4 set to 7 second throttle for speed running, didn't respond so I mashed it. In reverse apparently. Think I blew both front bearings & a grp as well. Gotta try to delve into the settings of the xlx2 now

View attachment 235952

View attachment 235953

View attachment 235954
Try GRP slicks. I was having a lot of rips like this and noticed they seem to start at the thread notches. So far, the only slick I prematurely ruined was from kissing a curb(ground the bead off).

They never do,,take down info quik,,,this is top secret $hit.candys info will dissappear soon...😆😅🤣😂🤣😅😆
Damn, I really have to read these threads in order. I was like, WTF is Candy?, before I saw the business card. Even went to the Forum's VIP section to see if it was this month's ArrmaChicks centerfold*.

*available only to premium members

Why The F does this Keep popping out - all of a sudden!?

Did it multiple times in a row and its ripping apart the A-Arm and dif cup.
Kraton Arms and shafts, Typhon Dif.

Its doing it on turns and rough terrain.

Its all chewed up now. and the cup too.

WTF?!

IMG_3093.jpeg

IMG_3076.jpeg

Damn, I really have to read these threads in order. I was like, WTF is Candy?, before I saw the business card. Even went to the Forum's VIP section to see if it was this month's ArrmaChicks centerfold*.

*available only to premium members
...this month's ArrmaChicks centerfold?

Where is that?

Why The F does this Keep popping out - all of a sudden!?

Did it multiple times in a row and its ripping apart the A-Arm and dif cup.
Kraton Arms and shafts, Typhon Dif.

Its doing it on turns and rough terrain.

Its all chewed up now. and the cup too.

WTF?!

View attachment 236660
View attachment 236661
Was the cup in good shape when it started happening?
Some serious carnage!:oops:
Camber set too far out...?🤷‍♂️

Was the cup in good shape when it started happening?
Some serious carnage!:oops:
Camber set too far out...?🤷‍♂️

It was fine before.

I have to run spacers on the top to keep campber at -2. Without spacers its like -6 or more! out of the box. WTF?
The bottom arms are too long. I need to remove that red cap and grind it down?!?

SO many people with this seemingly difficult to fix problem.

Thats not so bad. Its usable, I think. NO?
See much of a difference?

IMG_3104.jpeg

IMG_3107.jpeg

Something wrong with these Arms from Ebay too. (NO MORE EBAY!)
Look how they need to be shimmed to get -2 camber evenly!
Yet its the side with just 1 shim that pops out - the good side, go figure?
Look AT IT! WTF?!
IMG_3098.jpeg

IMG_3099.jpeg

IMG_3110.jpeg

So whats under that Damn Red Caps??
I want to cut them off! Can I?
But new Arms from Jenny?? (God I love them and have given them Hundreds of $$ so far)

View attachment 236699

View attachment 236700

Look AT IT! WTF?!
View attachment 236686

View attachment 236687

View attachment 236702

But new Arms from Jenny?? (God I love them and have given them Hundreds of $$ so far)
That cup is SHOT!
Someone on here took off the red caps but I have no idea who or what thread that was on.

broke the screw front chassis brace talion exb had to cut a groove in the threaded part still stuck in there and added heat come out no problem (y)

View attachment 236699

View attachment 236700

Look AT IT! WTF?!
View attachment 236686

View attachment 236687

View attachment 236702

Just pop the red caps of and grind away. On my Kraton, it always seems like one side is worse than the other and I've been grinding down the ends of the arms for a while now. On that note, I'm not too concerned about camber on my basher, so as long as the wheel isn't at a positive camber angle, I just run it. I grind the arms enough so that the pin of the driveshaft sits a little more than the 50% in on the cup. I removed ~5MM off the bottom arm and ~2mm off the top one the last time I did it.

That cup is SHOT!
Someone on here took off the red caps but I have no idea who or what thread that was on.

HAHA, Yeah, ordered new cups. Also got 2 Kraton DIFs now.

Just pop the red caps of and grind away. On my Kraton, it always seems like one side is worse than the other and I've been grinding down the ends of the arms for a while now. On that note, I'm not too concerned about camber on my basher, so as long as the wheel isn't at a positive camber angle, I just run it. I grind the arms enough so that the pin of the driveshaft sits a little more than the 50% in on the cup. I removed ~5MM off the bottom arm and ~2mm off the top one the last time I did it.

THANKS! I almost did that last night. Going to tonight.

If the camber wasn't so off I'd have left it. Also I was trying to run street tires and it was maybe -8, like a ramp. And each A-Arm is a slightly different size. Thats not right.

I played with the Droop but thats not going to stop this. And I want the droop low for rough terrain.

I DID notice something I did wrong. I have like 8 or more sway bars and I put the front typhon bar on instead of the Kraton one which is larger/thicker. That explains the excessive roll i was getting and the deep dives during turns.

learning; carnage after carnage.

HAHA, Yeah, ordered new cups. Also got 2 Kraton DIFs now.

THANKS! I almost did that last night. Going to tonight.

If the camber wasn't so off I'd have left it. Also I was trying to run street tires and it was maybe -8, like a ramp. And each A-Arm is a slightly different size. Thats not right.

I played with the Droop but thats not going to stop this. And I want the droop low for rough terrain.

I DID notice something I did wrong. I have like 8 or more sway bars and I put the front typhon bar on instead of the Kraton one which is larger/thicker. That explains the excessive roll i was getting and the deep dives during turns.

learning; carnage after carnage.
Didn't realize the issue was with a street set up. I've only ever had issues with the dog bone popping out on my big, heavy Kraton basher. Camber will obviously be more important on a street set up so I would start by shaving 2mm at a time and checking that the dogbone pin gets to the 50% point on the cup. A bit time consuming, but worth it on a street setup

Damaged/destroyed in a 123 mph cartwheel: 6s lipo, 2 tires and one link I used to replace the front shocks. If it wasn't for the tires being out of round, I would have made another pass. Esc was intact and until further review, so was most everything else.
20220820_145452-01.jpeg

Damaged/destroyed in a 123 mph cartwheel: 6s lipo, 2 tires and one link I used to replace the front shocks. If it wasn't for the tires being out of round, I would have made another pass. Esc was intact and until further review, so was most everything else. View attachment 237669
Probably means we may need video confirmation 👍

Damaged/destroyed in a 123 mph cartwheel: 6s lipo, 2 tires and one link I used to replace the front shocks. If it wasn't for the tires being out of round, I would have made another pass. Esc was intact and until further review, so was most everything else.

I say, I say there boy, that looks like it was a might bit unpleasant.
foghorn leghorn classics GIF by Looney Tunes

Probably means we may need video confirmation 👍
Crash was at the end so all you would see is an orange stick flying through the air 🤣

Last edited:
I knew someone would bring this up. lol

@Smilinbri did you ever print any Noto J stickers ?
Not sure if he got "clearance" from the big guy, but I would absolutely throw some more on my stuff. I've been sitting on one good one to stick somewhere

Back