What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess it’s on us to design, part of the fun I guess

Lowest hanging fruit I can think of is to tuck the whole balance lead inside the case and cut a slot for the plug to poke out, then build an extension for connecting battery -> charger
Great idea right there!
Constant pulling on the balance lead will at some point break but using an extension instead would relieve that pull. 💡👏👍

@305HemiGuy no idea on waterproof, but this looks like overstress. If you are running in grass that tall, you are asking for problems.
It's fun but you are drawing higher amps and your ESC will start waiving flags or give smoke signals that it needs to surrender.

@305HemiGuy no idea on waterproof, but this looks like overstress. If you are running in grass that tall, you are asking for problems.
It's fun but you are drawing higher amps and your ESC will start waiving flags or give smoke signals that it needs to surrender.
Lol we typically run it on baseball fields/short grass. I'd literally only been running it for about 5 mins. It's only a 2WD so I'm already very limited in the length of grass I can drive through. Also in the picture, the chassis was flipped upside down to try and smother the smoke in the soggy grass. I moved it over to that tall grass you see to help put the smoke out. It was extremely wet out due to the hurricane, so I figured we'd go get muddy, run the trucks through some puddles and such, but yea, 5 mins in and that happened. Thats why I'm inclined to think the moisture have played a significant part. I'm gonna rebuild it with either Traxxas or Spektrum electronics.

First broken rear a-arm with the Kraton EXB and I've been abusing this thing for close too a year now!
20221001_062120.jpg

Been awhile since Sledgehammer’s been out.. lots of fatigued parts, shock rod end first then the front axle boinged out during a jump yesterday. 🤣
7ECE27EB-89E2-4F92-B7A1-5B28DB1779FB.jpeg
574C2503-4634-45B8-AC6B-75DD72CC8342.jpeg

In my quest to break 70 mph I flipped the FatRock on it's lid. The Polo Creations front facing light bar/skid shattered like glass... Nothing recoverable. The Traxxas skid plate is going back on.

View attachment 247300

I'm sorry to see such unnecessary damage.

You might need some "taller" HD roof skids to better protect your gear...
Just an idea/suggestion.

PM me.

I'm sorry to see some unnecessary damage.

You might need some "taller" HD roof skids to better protect your gear...
Just an idea/suggestion.

PM me.

Mr. Koder, I've seen your work since I've joined, and I'm more than impressed. In my opinion, the squarish shape of the PC light bar caught the pavement rather than allowed it to "skid" along. I also think the material was brittle too, but before I become too judgmental I have to say what could survive a 10+ lb rc car traveling at that speed? I mean that one button head cap screw is ground down hard.

Maybe something along the lines of the traxxas skidder, but with recessed slot so the light tape would still face forward?

IMG_5434.JPG

Mr. Koder, I've seen your work since I've joined, and I'm more than impressed.

Thank you sir.

In my opinion, the squarish shape of the PC light bar caught the pavement rather than allowed it to "skid" along. I also think the material was brittle too, but before I become too judgmental I have to say what could survive a 10+ lb rc car traveling at that speed?

Maybe something along the lines of the traxxas skidder, but with recessed slot so the light tape would still face forward?

View attachment 247304

Roof Skids with titanium screws as the 'sacrificial' studs -installed over higher & tenser raised rails on your roof.

I have some ideas in mind..

In my quest to break 70 mph I flipped the FatRock on it's lid. The Polo Creations front facing light bar/skid shattered like glass... Nothing recoverable. The Traxxas skid plate is going back on.

View attachment 247300

Just the light bar was unrecoverable, everything else is pretty much fine. :) I did pull out a shock screw, no big deal.... The FatRock is good! I hope I didn't needlessly alarm you all. On my best run I actually sailed this thing right off the lot into a 15 ft deep (thankfully dry) retention pond.

Fk.... lol, I got to say the aftermarket CV drive shafts have been amazing, spline slop? Yes, but nothing to alarmed about. This is just over powering everything and I broke the stock hub. I was wondering why it was such a female dog to steer after a few weeks ago, lol.

IMG_5440.JPG

Last edited:
Well this suck's. Broken CV pin in the Kraton, the only spare I don't have. Holy crap i tried the MT 410 for the first time on 6s what a effin animal so much so it sheared a rear driveshaft. I'll leave the little guy out of this. Well, off to the what did you buy today thread.
20221002_150634.jpg

Well this suck's. Broken CV pin in the Kraton, the only spare I don't have. Holy crap i tried the MT 410 for the first time on 6s what a effin animal so much so it sheared a rear driveshaft. I'll leave the little guy out of this. Well, off to the what did you buy today thread.View attachment 247450

You might want to look into these and see if they have a set for your Kraton. I've been really happy with mine so far. They are quite a bit heavier, but so far the durability has been worth the weight.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09TN6897Q?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Well this suck's. Broken CV pin in the Kraton, the only spare I don't have. Holy crap i tried the MT 410 for the first time on 6s what a effin animal so much so it sheared a rear driveshaft. I'll leave the little guy out of this. Well, off to the what did you buy today thread.View attachment 247450
Is that the Gpm aluminum wheelie bar? How do you like it?

Is that the Gpm aluminum wheelie bar? How do you like it?
Yeah that's the Gpm, It's great without it the mini would barely be driveable. I only run it on 2-3s lipo, wheelie's on command and the wheelie bar really bring the stability needed to run at high speed's on any terrain.

Came across these Chinese cheapo road tires that I bought a couple months ago while I was packing up some stuff. Ran em pretty hard...for about 10 minutes!!! Both fronts blew the foams out after 5 minutes, but kept pushing till this happened. Still fun as heck tho!!!🤣

20221002_190939.jpg

Back