What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
The "what did you buy" thread is great, but after my last run, I felt a spot to tell what you broke might be fun. This list comes after only the second full run with the new Notorious. After things got too ugly, I brought it in and removed the broken wing mounts, shaved them, and reattached the wheelie bar in a stubby style, so the body takes a little less abuse. The body is cracked in a couple of places, but some drywall tape and Goop should help keep it around for a while. Along with that, rear body mounts, wing and a slight bend in the rear shock tower.

Attachments

• 20181223_144855.jpg
    20181223_144855.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 1,372
  • 20181223_143237.jpg
    20181223_143237.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 197
  • 20181223_133626.jpg
    20181223_133626.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 194
  • 20181223_145310.jpg
    20181223_145310.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 187
The gear that come out of my motor cane out. Does anyone know what could of happened ? This is the 3rd time I've ever ran my Kraton. I don't have time to break it down to find the root cause.

We already have 2 of these threads.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/the-official-unofficial-what-did-you-break-today-thread.4880/
This one is even a sticky that I managed to not see https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-damage-warning-disturbing-images.1846/

The only thing that I broke today was the body on my Ruckus. Let my 9 year old niece and nephew take the Ruckus and 4Pede for a drive.
My bad. The carnage one seemed a little more about real devastation. My damaged is almost cosmetic. Thought it would be a fun thread about the "little" things.

My bad. The carnage one seemed a little more about real devastation. My damaged is almost cosmetic. Thought it would be a fun thread about the "little" things.
Idk how I didn't see that sticky when I made my thread. Stuff happens.

Not sure what I broke yet... but my Notorious only goes straight forward now. Moving the front wheels back and forth doesn’t move the servo arm. Brought tools with me on the Christmas adventure but since I don’t have parts I’m not going to mess with it until we head back home.

Tore apart the rear diff in my Summit for the first time since I owned it and found this in the rear. Now I'm afraid to open the front. :(
zTKolTy.jpg

Also found a bent rear toe link and a bent rocker arm post........................Now I want to check over my Ruckus and 4Pede to make sure nothing on there is bent or broke.

Last edited:
Not sure what I broke yet... but my Notorious only goes straight forward now. Moving the front wheels back and forth doesn’t move the servo arm. Brought tools with me on the Christmas adventure but since I don’t have parts I’m not going to mess with it until we head back home.
The stock servo isn't that great for the heavy wheels / tires on the Noto / Outcast. Prolly need a servo. I have a couple JX CLS-HV7346MG to fit in my Noto and Talion.
My Noto doesn't turn too strongly now and have needed to replace the servo for a while. Procrastination.

Body took a beating today after 50 or so jumps off the big ramp. It also didn't help that I snapped the wing mount around midnight last night and I ran all day today without it. Other than that, everything else survived :D
IMG_8530.JPG

Last edited:
Thought it would be a fun thread about the "little" things.
Like this? :)
That's an axle pin. After the first battery on my Kraton I decided to change out the center diff fluid to 100k, and since I opened up the TFE bearing kit, decided to do the wheel bearings too. After loosening the set screw holding the pin and therefore hub in place, this came out in two pieces. Luckily, I had some random other suspension pin, from what I have no idea, the right diameter. A little hacksaw and file work and I was back in business.

Attachments

• pin.jpg
    pin.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 59
Time to level up those landings lol. I was lucky as my wing popped off before it could break. Then I snapped the wing mounts. I too have a problem with landing on all fours.
The Max8 2200kv combo has a tad more power than the BLX185 did. I was trying to do a quadruple back flip and landed right on the wing. I could land the triple but kept botching the quad.

Back