What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second T-bone mudguard shattered within 2 weeks on the Talion

View attachment 27065

I've been running RPM arms and guards on the Outcast for the last 8 months with zero breakages so I'll be switching over to those on the Talion as well.
On your Outcast, are you using RPM a-arms too? I bought the RPM mudguards, but had to shave their screw hole tabs, and drill new holes to make them work. All because I didn't read the disclaimer in the ad. Duh

On your Outcast, are you using RPM a-arms too? I bought the RPM mudguards, but had to shave their screw hole tabs, and drill new holes to make them work. All because I didn't read the disclaimer in the ad. Duh
Yeah I'm running RPM arms on the rear of the Outcast
I think I bought them as a set originally.

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed with what broke today. My Notorious was in a wheelie after being outside for only a couple of minutes. It started moving right and almost made it so both wheels would have crossed at a driveway. Instead, the right rear caught the higher part of the curb when leaving the road and this happened

Attachments

• 20190113_161125.jpg
    20190113_161125.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 20190113_161116.jpg
    20190113_161116.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 20190113_160007.jpg
    20190113_160007.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 43
Damn you guys breaking poop !! Stop it STOP IT RIGHT NOW! :p

I ain't taking mine out anytime soon its been 9 F today... too low for plastic parts :(

Plus I broke my slash 2 days ago so im still pissy about that..

Lower suspension arm
I know and I was lucky as I had a spare set I bought from Jennys RC . Just can't believe it happened. It's cold outside, but I was literally out for two minutes. Now I have to throw that in the bag with the other damaged stuff for warranty replacement

I know and I was lucky as I had a spare set I bought from Jennys RC . Just can't believe it happened. It's cold outside, but I was literally out for two minutes. Now I have to throw that in the bag with the other damaged stuff for warranty replacement
Pretty sure it was the Curb that did ya in :p

Pretty sure it was the Curb that did ya in :p
Just a bit surprised. Tire took most of the shock, but if you look close at the pick, it looks like it just split open. The pin looked bent until I finally got it out, and it was fine. Guess it could have been worse.

Just a bit surprised. Tire took most of the shock, but if you look close at the pick, it looks like it just split open. The pin looked bent until I finally got it out, and it was fine. Guess it could have been worse.

Tire took most of it then transferred the brute force into the arm, it happens. Time for some RPM upgrades?

Tire took most of it then transferred the brute force into the arm, it happens. Time for some RPM upgrades?
Nope, more spares from Jennys on my list. Cheap, cheap says the little bird in my head

Pretty much broke the rear suspension on both sides of my slash, Im not even gonna get into why it broke.. But I hada replace 2 axel carriers and 2 tierod ends.. Glad I had spares form my stampede.. ;)

Pretty much broke the rear suspension on both sides of my slash, Im not even gonna get into why it broke.. But I hada replace 2 axel carriers and 2 tierod ends.. Glad I had spares form my stampede.. ;)

WHy do you keep dumping money into that thing? :LOL:

WHy do you keep dumping money into that thing? :LOL:

No money was spent fixing it, I used the old parts from the stampede I trashed. I'm not dumping anymore money into it if something else breaks to the point I don't have spares im done i'll trash the truck salvage the good parts and that's it.

And now I broke something on my notorious the steering is shot now.. I don't have time to work on it today tho gotta demo my kitchen as the cabinet installers are gonna be here tomorrow or wed. fun fun..

No money was spent fixing it, I used the old parts from the stampede I trashed. I'm not dumping anymore money into it if something else breaks to the point I don't have spares im done i'll trash the truck salvage the good parts and that's it.

And now I broke something on my notorious the steering is shot now.. I don't have time to work on it today tho gotta demo my kitchen as the cabinet installers are gonna be here tomorrow or wed. fun fun..
I had steering issues yesterday, and it turned out to be something stupid. The screw on top of the steering post, servo saver side, needed to be loosened a hair. I figure the little shock collar I'm using as a spacer under the servo saver, is causing a binding problem, and caused the whole thing to tighten up. I took the opportunity to change out the bushings for bearings, and put some loctite on the servo saver nut. It is definitely a finicky system. I have upgraded so much on a truck I've only run a few times. Maybe I should have just played around until things started to break, but I really do love working on the truck. As for my Traxxas Slash 4x4 lcg, I did pick up a few parts of Jennys Rc, and plan to do a tear down soon. When I bumped it to a 2050 kv motor and 4s, it's been a lot more manageable. Great starter rig for my teenage boys.

Mines something more then that, something that the tie rod connects to is disconnected from something else.. that's all I know/can see atm

I had steering issues yesterday, and it turned out to be something stupid. .

So heres what broke.. I duno what part it is or even how to fix this right now but heres a picture..

My back is on fire from the kitchen demo so I doubt I'll be fixing it anytime soon

But i think now is a good time to upgrade the whole steering assembly to something a little stronger...

Suggestions?

Oh and I broke the damn wheelie bar thing one of the 2 mounts that holds it on .. Bad landing..

IDGAF tho I don't wheelie now that im on 4s

Attachments

• DSCN0115.JPG
    DSCN0115.JPG
    247.1 KB · Views: 49
Seems I lost a fiddlesticking Grub screw on my front axel for my slash and broke the rear axel stub for the 100th time jumping with monster truck tires .. (18mm HR Wheel extensions installed)

All 3 of my RC's are now down for repairs thanks to jumping in the winter.

I think im done till spring i'm just tired of poop breaking left and right.

So heres what broke.. I duno what part it is or even how to fix this right now but heres a picture..

My back is on fire from the kitchen demo so I doubt I'll be fixing it anytime soon

But i think now is a good time to upgrade the whole steering assembly to something a little stronger...

Suggestions?

Oh and I broke the damn wheelie bar thing one of the 2 mounts that holds it on .. Bad landing..

IDGAF tho I don't wheelie now that im on 4s
You lost a bolt and collar. AR340062. Happened to me once. It just backed out. Simple fix.

Back