What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Body clips and more paint

Ugh... rough bash day. Busted my stampede in half. Still compiling the days footage so I can edit it... 57Gigs worth. Probably would help if I wasn't ripping a blue ray at the same time... lol

Anyway:
Stampede 4x4 vxl chassis - cracked in half. Held together only by my roll bar support.
Revo front right RPM arm - shattered my front right lower arm and bent my pushrod pretty good
Revo shock shafts - snapped a rear shaft and disintegrated the spring cup and dubro super duty ball end
Revo shock rebuild kit - tore up/lost bump stops
Traxxas VDK system - assuming I broke at least one disk

Really wish I had my outcast with me. I thought it was going to be wet out... found a new grass bmx track to bash at! I see a lot of bent/broken stuff in my future.

Also broke my antenna mast on my spektrum transmitter... I think I can fix that though.

On a positive note, the HW Max10 sct/3200kv system I put in the stampede did really well!

You are doing it wrong, don't put them right in the acetone. 5 gallon bucket, put 2 inches of acetone in the bottom, place something non porous in the bottom of the bucket that sits above the level of the acetone, set the tires on top of that making sure they do not come in direct contact with the acetone. Put lid on bucket. Flip tires after 12 hours. Check again after another 12 hours. Tires will fall right off the wheels and no damage done to the tires, wheels or the foams.

I tried that several times, after 36 hours the tires were still firmly glued. The bath method had never caused any problem until now. I understand some racing foams and apparently abs rims can't take it, but everything else can.
Oh well, 1/10 road tires cost nothing compared to 1/8 monster truck ones at least, and it's just the rims.

I tried that several times, after 36 hours the tires were still firmly glued. The bath method had never caused any problem until now. I understand some racing foams and apparently abs rims can't take it, but everything else can.
Oh well, 1/10 road tires cost nothing compared to 1/8 monster truck ones at least, and it's just the rims.

I use the acetone method, but it took over a week to remove the tyres from my Pro-Line Badlands 3.8's..!!! ?

I've never had to let them set more than 24 hours, I've done 4 or 5 sets of tires like that now.

34 tooth pinion for my 3s Typhon That I'm running on 6S w/Castle 1515/2200, and Mamba monster 2. And a needed wheelie bar from T Bone. Wee whoo! Also got a HW Max6 for my Redcat Shredder running a Leopard 4092/1730 motor on 6S, and a couple of spare diffs for the Shredder, as I expect to shred them! And some Big Joes in the mail!

RIP diffs

Amain is having a clearance sale, so I picked up an older style TBR wheelie bar and some dif gaskets. The $5 discount came with a $25 minimum, so I bought the gaskets knowing I'll need them eventually. Hope this wheelie bar helps me keep from flipping over all the time.
Screenshot_20190318-201250_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20190318-201848_Samsung Internet.jpg

Amain is having a clearance sale, so I picked up an older style TBR wheelie bar and some dif gaskets. The $5 discount came with a $25 minimum, so I bought the gaskets knowing I'll need them eventually. Hope this wheelie bar helps me keep from flipping over all the time. View attachment 33043View attachment 33044

I’m buying you bumpers for your street (like the bowling alley ones) that you can put on each side of the road ?

I’m buying you bumpers for your street (like the bowling alley ones) that you can put on each side of the road ?
Street running time is almost over. Soon as it dries out a bit here, it's off to the construction sites and this one sweet little BMX track about 10 minutes north of me. Provincial park that its inside closes around 7, so I park my car at the gates and walk down about a half mile to where it is. The starters booth is a perfect place to work if needed, and the track is mostly dirt except for the high banking turns, which are asphalt. The only thing I need protection from there, is launching my truck into a very heavily wooded area. Bring on the sun!

Street running time is almost over. Soon as it dries out a bit here, it's off to the construction sites and this one sweet little BMX track about 10 minutes north of me. Provincial park that its inside closes around 7, so I park my car at the gates and walk down about a half mile to where it is. The starters booth is a perfect place to work if needed, and the track is mostly dirt except for the high banking turns, which are asphalt. The only thing I need protection from there, is launching my truck into a very heavily wooded area. Bring on the sun!
I’m jealous bro, I have to drive long and far for a BMX track

I've been to a Provincial Park before. It was pretty cool, you are all walking through the woods then bam there are these giant sand dunes right in the middle of the forest. People were sledding and snowboarding on them.

So these came today!! ? Have a feeling i bought the wrong wing mounts tho, so might have to send them back ?
That's the wing mount for the Kraton and Outcast so as long as you have one of those its the right one. I would boil it for like 5-10 minutes before installing it makes it better so it won't break the first time you land on the wing.

I have a noto so yeah it will fit... Thank god for that! Just need my aluminium servo mount to arrive now and i think i have the starter check list to upgrade first, ohhh nooo need a chassis brace ?
And boil them? I did not know that! Thanks for the tip ?

I have a noto so yeah it will fit... Thank god for that! Just need my aluminium servo mount to arrive now and i think i have the starter check list to upgrade first, ohhh nooo need a chassis brace ?
And boil them? I did not know that! Thanks for the tip ?
Hope yours last longer then the two packs mine did. Me and RPM have severed ties. Sent them these pictures and they told me to go fly a kite. Nice lifetime warranty.

Attachments

• 20190309_184305.jpg
    20190309_184305.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 20190309_184328.jpg
    20190309_184328.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 20190309_184339.jpg
    20190309_184339.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 32
Back