What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate that sucks!! Why won't they replace. Them?
They said it's my fault and the way I drive. The Notorious is a wheelie popping, back flipping, who knows how it will land, kind of truck. If you're going to offer a product for a truck like this, you gotta know that you will be replacing them at least once, right? Same goes for a claim on a Traxxas front bumper I have. I actually held on to the part, so I could submit it in the future, if and when something else failed. Trying to save shipping and all. They said that because I have two trucks, both with damaged parts, it amounts to driver error and neglect. I've replaced tons of broken RPM parts out of pocket, just to keep my trucks rolling and not have to wait. The only reason I ever felt that spending the extra on RPM, was because of the lifetime warranty. Well that's just a load of bs, so now I'm buying stock replacements from Jennys. Plastic is plastic, and it's going to break. Offer it cheaper, and screw the warranty. RPM has officially lost a customer. Rant over.

Plastic is plastic, and it's going to break. Offer it cheaper, and screw the warranty. RPM has officially lost a customer. Rant over.
In some cases, true. With my revos though... if I didn't have RPM arms/carriers, I wouldn't make it through my first jump half the time.

I only tried getting a replacement RPM part once and they wanted me to ship it in. Was the first or second time I ran my outcast. Snapped a rear arm, still not sure how. Sent them a photo in an email and they said to mail it in for inspection... so, I'm going to go out of my way, buy a shipping envelope for $2, pay $5 for shipping, for a part that cost me $13 then wait for it?

Nah... I'm good. lol!

Then to hear this about "storing up broken and shipping all at once", then they still don't replace it? That is crappy business. But, I still need those arms...

They said it's my fault and the way I drive. The Notorious is a wheelie popping, back flipping, who knows how it will land, kind of truck. If you're going to offer a product for a truck like this, you gotta know that you will be replacing them at least once, right? Same goes for a claim on a Traxxas front bumper I have. I actually held on to the part, so I could submit it in the future, if and when something else failed. Trying to save shipping and all. They said that because I have two trucks, both with damaged parts, it amounts to driver error and neglect. I've replaced tons of broken RPM parts out of pocket, just to keep my trucks rolling and not have to wait. The only reason I ever felt that spending the extra on RPM, was because of the lifetime warranty. Well that's just a load of bs, so now I'm buying stock replacements from Jennys. Plastic is plastic, and it's going to break. Offer it cheaper, and screw the warranty. RPM has officially lost a customer. Rant over.
Trust me when I say this, boil it before you put it on. Hell boil the wing too. My boiled wing mount has been taking a beating since June and it's just starting to bend a little bit, my wing is just barely holding on though.

In some cases, true. With my revos though... if I didn't have RPM arms/carriers, I wouldn't make it through my first jump half the time.

I only tried getting a replacement RPM part once and they wanted me to ship it in. Was the first or second time I ran my outcast. Snapped a rear arm, still not sure how. Sent them a photo in an email and they said to mail it in for inspection... so, I'm going to go out of my way, buy a shipping envelope for $2, pay $5 for shipping, for a part that cost me $13 then wait for it?

Nah... I'm good. lol!

Then to hear this about "storing up broken and shipping all at once", then they still don't replace it? That is crappy business. But, I still need those arms...
That shipping it back to them is what I'm speaking of. if I have to pay to send it in, might as well make it worth while, right? Thanks but no thanks. Every other rc company I've dealt with, a photo and proof of purchase was always enough. Bye bye RPM, nice knowing you.

Trust me when I say this, boil it before you put it on. Hell boil the wing too. My boiled wing mount has been taking a beating since June and it's just starting to bend a little bit, my wing is just barely holding on though.
What the hell, what have I got to lose. Boiled plastic soup for dinner anyone?

I’m good for now. I know it sounds lame but the guy at Danbury Hobby does all my soldering free of charge. It would take me a while to get as good as him and it’s only a 20 minute ride. Usually when I need something soldered it’s for something I bought there anyway (batteries, esc, etc.) Why reinvent the wheel? ?

I’m good for now. I know it sounds lame but the guy at Danbury Hobby does all my soldering free of charge. It would take me a while to get as good as him and it’s only a 20 minute ride. Usually when I need something soldered it’s for something I bought there anyway (batteries, esc, etc.) Why reinvent the wheel? ?

lol... i prob wouldnt need to solder so much either but i switched all my connectors and now i have this typhon so im locked in...

I'm s
That shipping it back to them is what I'm speaking of. if I have to pay to send it in, might as well make it worth while, right? Thanks but no thanks. Every other rc company I've dealt with, a photo and proof of purchase was always enough. Bye bye RPM, nice knowing you.
I'm sorry to hear that bro! But couldn't you try with the hobby shop you bought it from? Or did you buy from rpm direct?

Hey i saved cash by boiling tires off wheels... What we got to lose

have you

what does it do to the plastic to make it stronger?

Back