What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today i bought my new arrma outcast 4s.

20190614_145050.jpg

New probody 1/10th body for my stampede. Now it will be orange like the outcast one I have yet to cut/install!

Just a photo from ebay as it will be a while before it shows up.

s-l1600.jpg

I had a $70 gift card from when I bought a full set of continental tires for my car, so I used that to buy the body. Figure by the time it gets here, I'll have destroyed the new one I just taped up and installed. lol!

Some spares and new diff fluid setup. And set um my Jenny 's account ??? got couple spare center drive shafts for 4s kraton n brcc
And 200$ on some hermit crabs for my daughter. My enduro money ??‍♂️??‍♂️But it's all good I'm growing fond of the lil f!&kers

Attachments

• IMG_2759.JPG
    IMG_2759.JPG
    400 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2756.JPG
    IMG_2756.JPG
    289.6 KB · Views: 14
New probody 1/10th body for my stampede. Now it will be orange like the outcast one I have yet to cut/install!

Just a photo from ebay as it will be a while before it shows up.

s-l1600.jpg

I had a $70 gift card from when I bought a full set of continental tires for my car, so I used that to buy the body. Figure by the time it gets here, I'll have destroyed the new one I just taped up and installed. lol!
Ive been considering getting the old truck body that he has, I keep destroying bodies on my Stampede.

Being the Guinea pig for some "upgrade parts off Aliexpress for my LC Racing truggy.
Steel Cvds.
Aluminum turnbuckles.
Aluminum steering bellcrank.
Aluminum rear hubs.
Aluminum caster blocks.
Aluminum c hubs.
20190622_155710.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered some spare a-arms and driveshafts for my Typhon 3S because it’s only a matter of time. (Knocks on wood)

Not RC, but ordered a refurb laptop for my mother in law. Dell e6540 15". Have gotten my wife and father in law the same the past couple of years. Seems to be a pretty solid unit. I've had the same one for work for 5+ years and it gets abused all day every day.

I really just impulse bought one of those ugly Mad Max style WickedRC bodies for my Noto a few minutes ago. There's a discount code and makes it $51 shipped.
The idea is to have a weird looking rig that I can paint cheap. Maybe just flat primer....who knows? The Noto is the truck I put the most upgrades into because I beat it daily like it slept with my greatest enemy.

I've done some quick research: Sand with aluminum oxide type material, spray etching primer, sand, primer, sand again. Then it will accept most outdoor paints. Plenty colors to choose from and cheap at hardware stores. Then spray sealer if I feel like it.
Easy enough and unique.
She'll be ugly but hopefully earns her keep as a conversation piece.

Bought this to help clean the rc plus will make working on my 1:1 a bit easier. It's from a store called Canadian Tire and they have weekly specials. This set was 60% off
20190623_174838.jpg

[/QUOTE]
Ive been considering getting the old truck body that he has, I keep destroying bodies on my Stampede.

Being the Guinea pig for some "upgrade parts off Aliexpress for my LC Racing truggy.
Steel Cvds.
Aluminum turnbuckles.
Aluminum steering bellcrank.
Aluminum rear hubs.
Aluminum caster blocks.
Aluminum c hubs.
View attachment 41435
Got 90% of this stuff installed and just based off of things so far, the only thing I would buy again are the cvds. The front caster blocks and c hubs have a lot of slop and play in them, the turnbuckles have a lot of slop in the ends and the bushings that go in the steering rack that came with the steering bellcrank are about 1mm too tall I had to grind them down so the rack wouldn't hit the top plate.
Bought this to help clean the rc plus will make working on my 1:1 a bit easier. It's from a store called Canadian Tire and they have weekly specials. This set was 60% offView attachment 41529
Isn't Canadian Tire like the Canada equivalent to Harbor Freight?

Ordered some Tekno shock rod ends and balls and TekJo diff to chassis gaskets. Also ordered 80wt and 100wt shock oil, to play around with, and 200k diff fluid to try out.

I'm running 100k now in the center and want to try heavier fluid. 200k now, maybe I'll try 500k later. I'll have to get a spare center diff for easier swaps.

Got 90% of this stuff installed and just based off of things so far, the only thing I would buy again are the cvds. The front caster blocks and c hubs have a lot of slop and play in them, the turnbuckles have a lot of slop in the ends and the bushings that go in the steering rack that came with the steering bellcrank are about 1mm too tall I had to grind them down so the rack wouldn't hit the top plate.

Isn't Canadian Tire like the Canada equivalent to Harbor Freight?
[/QUOTE]
Sort of but not quite. We have a chain here called Princess Auto, which is more like a Harbor Freight. Canadian Tire has an automotive service garage, full auto parts and tires department, plus sporting goods, hardware and tools, plumbing, electrical, paint, housewares, and a seasonal center that carries everything from lawn mowers and barbecues in the summer to shovels and snow blowers in the winter. It's okay at a lot of things, but great at nothing, if you know what I mean. I think the idea was how all Sears stores used to be, or maybe it was Kmart. No clothing or major appliances though.

You're in for a treat Don. after running the 3s truck, the 6s will seem like a rocket ship. Congrats man!
Ya I'm starting to regret buying a used one thou. Just pulled out the front diff and there are teeth missing and the diff cup wobbles inside the diff housing quit a bit. I'm not sure what it should it actually be like to be ok. As this is my first larger rig but it def seem way too loose

Ya I'm starting to regret buying a used one thou. Just pulled out the front diff and there are teeth missing and the diff cup wobbles inside the diff housing quit a bit. I'm not sure what it should it actually be like to be ok. As this is my first larger rig but it def seem way too loose
Probably bearings Don. You'll get to know these trucks quick. They're super easy to work on, and totally worth it.

Back