What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Antenna pipe as I lost original on a bash a few days ago; v3 servo saver as backup in case the stock v4 one starts to loosen; rear skid plate, and the bit I really needed to get back on the road, replacement hinge pin for the one I bent on yesterday's bash.
Cheers,
Stu
20190815_150738_resized.jpg

Has anyone tried the Arrma 6S metal diff case? Any comments pro or con? Heavier for sure...….but knew that ahead of time.
I haven't checked, but perhaps oil volume is slightly increased? Not significantly though.

Last edited:
Building a spare center diff. All new parts.
200k , Arrma Metal diff case. I want to give it a try and see how it fits and and shims out.
Just got my Zennon center diff rebuilt with 1M. It blew up just like the Outcast. The LHS had 3 & I bought them all. I keep on forgetting how heavy the aluminum is. I definitely wouldn't use it for the front/rear, but I never had the plastic cups fail in either, just the center. It's a tier above most aluminum cups out there, definitely the best. The steel outer cover is a great touch. I put one in my Outcast already.

Yes agreed. The center gets most of the abuse. My F and R never an issue. Motor temps and spur/pinion "dry" mesh friction contributes to that I feel. F an R have greased ring and input gears. Run cooler. My current OE center diff. setup runs as high as 230 deg. F., the hottest component on my 2019 Kraton. Even with a light trigger running flat. OE diff. has 10K though. I get it.

Last edited:
I put one in the rear of my outcast. I wasn't able to fit any extra shims on the outside to help the ring/pinion mesh, but it called for a couple more shims inside under the larger sun gears, which I did add. I have 2 more to change the other two eventually.

I know that no one shims the center diff outboard, but I did on my Kraton. Got rid of some end play float. I placed 1 Tekno shim at the front side bearing. Still just enough play, but no more excessive sliding at the pin./spur mesh. My Noto didn't need it.

Very nice and you got a typhoon for good price...and all this upgrades boom men ? ?
2 sets of tires for the Typhon, one for off-road and one for on-road. A set of spare wheelnuts and a LiPo battery for my remote control.
The tires are private label from a German internetshop, they are dirt cheap but have good reviews so I'm curious how they will do.

View attachment 45055
From conrad?

Just got my Zennon center diff rebuilt with 1M. It blew up just like the Outcast. The LHS had 3 & I bought them all. I keep on forgetting how heavy the aluminum is. I definitely wouldn't use it for the front/rear, but I never had the plastic cups fail in either, just the center. It's a tier above most aluminum cups out there, definitely the best. The steel outer cover is a great touch. I put one in my Outcast already.

View attachment 45633
Why not just run a spool then ??‍♂️

You would end up with worn out f and r diffs much sooner than later.

Why not just run a spool then ??‍♂️
The front diff is a spool. It's still a basher, a 17lb twin chassis basher. It has already blown 2 rear & one center diff. I don't think it'll stay in one piece with a locked rear diff.

1m at center diff is too high for the weight of an Arrma 6s off road rig. Imo. If that is what we are talking about . I thought I missed something here:(

1m at center diff is too high for the weight of an Arrma 6s off road rig. Imo. If that is what we are talking about . I thought I missed something here:(
It blew the first rear diff @ 100k. Then I upped it to 500k, same results then the 500k cooked & blown Outcast style. But that was with the 1275kv X-Maxx motor on 8s. I ran it for around 4 months on a new plastic diff cup @ 1M with the 1600kv motor on 6s & it's been doing great. No reason to go back down with the aluminum cup. Zennon's problem is that it's at the limit of what the Arrma drivetrain can handle, weight & powerwise. I also just bought a set of RPM arms for it so it can finally take some jumps. Last time I jumped it, 2 flat landings resulted in 2 busted rear arms.

The front diff is a spool. It's still a basher, a 17lb twin chassis basher. It has already blown 2 rear & one center diff. I don't think it'll stay in one piece with a locked rear diff.
My point was if you’re gonna run 1M in the center, might as well run a spool. That’s 10x heavier than stock.

Yes that's what I figured. But thought 10k was stock at center. That would be 100 times thicker.:LOL: might as well run a spool is right. Not that it would be correct. But 1m CST would be basically a locked spool. I got ya.(y)
I'm building my spare center diff with 200k. My Kraton will probably come alive on 6S now instead of bleeding off torque at the front end.

Last edited:
Back