What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I second that..!!!
This is what I got for running it without extensions when I first got it.

20190905_113835.jpg

This is what I got for running it without extensions when I first got it.

View attachment 47536
My castle motor kind of did that on my brushless revo. Although, I think it was because my battery connectors were banging on the wires right there. By the time I noticed it, I was looking at raw copper sticking out of two of them. I cleaned the area the best I could with DA then used some sensor safe silicone to cover it back up. My wires were jacketed with a fiber looking sheath vs silicone like those. So the rtv stuck to it pretty good.

I ordered another Hobbystar 4092 1730 KV motor from RCJuice. The first one I bought for my Kraton early this year is pretty beat up. Specifically the motor leads have pulled from the housing and the wires are starting to fray. I figured I'd replace it now before it flames out. I'm going to keep it for parts in the event I need some for my other 4092's. I really wish they made the motor leads a little longer so I don't have to run extensions.

Have you ever tried those pre-soldered splice tubes? Supposedly they don't add any resistance.

Did I go overboard with stuff I bought today and last night for my new Notorious?

1) Two Zeee 22.2V 5200mAh 6S EC5 LiPo packs. (Ebay)

2) Arrma Body clips, Hot racing body clips, Spectrum IC5 connectors (Amain Hobbies)

3) T-Bone 10093 Bumper and T-Bone 10065 Skid plates with chassis protector. (TBR)

4) RPM A Arms front and rear and RPM Wing mount.

Thats just from last night and today. Theres other stuff too, but hey whos counting?

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Outcast_XV4_5_934x700.jpg
    Outcast_XV4_5_934x700.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 9
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 18
  • RPM front.jpg
    RPM front.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 11
  • RPM rear.jpg
    RPM rear.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 16
  • RPM wing.jpg
    RPM wing.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 20
Amain did a vid and mentioned the Pro Tek brand and did a little demo on it having 0 resistance.

Pro Tek makes a few different sizes but here's one.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek...tube&utm_medium=description&utm_group=protek_

And Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Kuject-Conne...ice+tubes&qid=1567728208&s=electronics&sr=1-3

and here's the vid.

Those are pretty cool. I ordered some 10-12 and 14-16 ones along with what I'm hoping are some small waterproof switches. Tired of my castle esc's being hard wired on.

Those are pretty cool. I ordered some 10-12 and 14-16 ones along with what I'm hoping are some small waterproof switches. Tired of my castle esc's being hard wired on.
how hard is to make a switch that doesn't break in the first week?

Got sick of my senton 3s sc tyres falling apart so grabbed some new hex’s and set of badlands for it and a set of HR hub extenders for the 3s big rock

Attachments

• 92111E1B-55DE-49DF-B933-C678D6F196A5.jpeg
    92111E1B-55DE-49DF-B933-C678D6F196A5.jpeg
    389.3 KB · Views: 20
Got sick of my senton 3s sc tyres falling apart so grabbed some new hex’s and set of badlands for it and a set of HR hub extenders for the 3s big rock
Make sure you Blue loctite those HR hub inner nuts. They like to back out. ??

This just turned up an hour ago, a week after my other 4S single charger died at only 1month old! Asked Modelsport UK if I could pay the difference on a new charger instead of a direct replacement so they sent this SkyRC T200 Duo out to me yesterday on free priority shipping. Only 100W per channel but, still so pleased to now be able to charge two batteries at a time especially my new 2x3S batteries which I've had a week and not been able to try in my Kraton for 1st time on 6S! Got to wait till Sunday to try out 6S but at least it ain't a 2nd weekend without bashing
Cheers
20190906_123727_resized.jpg

Did I go overboard with stuff I bought today and last night for my new Notorious?

1) Two Zeee 22.2V 5200mAh 6S EC5 LiPo packs. (Ebay)

2) Arrma Body clips, Hot racing body clips, Spectrum IC5 connectors (Amain Hobbies)

3) T-Bone 10093 Bumper and T-Bone 10065 Skid plates with chassis protector. (TBR)

4) RPM A Arms front and rear and RPM Wing mount.

Thats just from last night and today. Theres other stuff too, but hey whos counting?
Possibly on the RPM a-arms. The stock have held up very well even for me. I do alot of unintended cartwheels and heavy front and rear landings. Finally had to replace one of the front a-arms after a midair collision with my sons Outcast.

Back