What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you go to the lhs for a toe gauge and walk out with $400 in parts lol

20191110_151753.jpg
20191110_151816.jpg
20191110_151841.jpg

And of course 5 minutes into Play Time broken drive shaft on my way back to the shop LOL

I also bought these driveshafts - just waiting on the slow a$$ Canadian mail service! ??
My only concern is thinking there may be fitment conflict with the M2C chassis braces - the clearance is pretty tight with OEM driveshafts as it is....but will let everyone know when they arrive....someday ?
You could always try modding the spools of they don't fit as the spools set the gap between the shaft and the chassis brace ?? just a thought for if they don't
Let me know what those driveshafts are like as I've been eyeing them for a while..?
I have x2 of his Ackerman plates, they are very good so far..??
I shall let you know man ?? though I don't have all the parts i need as yet, as it's going to be a full M2c build but shussshh don't tell everyone ?

I would take the shock towers back, from everything I have seen they are not much better than stock.

If he ever gets his poop in a group I do recommend the Voltage Hobbies towers, they are nice.
Looking into them right now. I can tell just by holding the hr they are equivalent to stock. They don't feel very quality made.

If he ever gets his poop in a group I do recommend the Voltage Hobbies towers, they are nice.
Agreed. I have the front shock tower, along with his servo mount, both very nice. Feels like high quality product. Also running front and back Just Bash It 7075 shock towers. Also very nice.

$8.99 from Harbor Freight. I can even hang it on the pegboard or wall with little keyhole slots in the back. Drawers are secure and nice size.
I'll prolly get another because I'll fill this up during shop cleanup.

1573446921638.png

Last edited:
$8 from Harbor Freight. I can even hang it on the pegboard or wall with little keyhole slots in the back. Drawers are secure and nice size.

View attachment 53441
I need to start frequenting harbor freight more often for stuff like that.

$8 from Harbor Freight. I can even hang it on the pegboard or wall with little keyhole slots in the back. Drawers are secure and nice size.

View attachment 53441
I swore my Harbor had a larger sized one for like $15 bucks or so.

I need to start frequenting harbor freight more often for stuff like that.
?
I got a free tarp and used a 20% coupon so even cheaper. I always get something free and always use a coupon with every eligible item. The HF stuff isn't bulletproof but it's worth it for small tools, infrequent use and throwaways or stuff I won't mind losing.
I swore my Harbor had a larger sized one for like $15 bucks or so.

I didn't see one today and I looked. In fact, this is the first time I've seen this item.

?
I got a free tarp and used a 20% coupon so even cheaper. I always get something free and always use a coupon with every eligible item. The HF stuff isn't bulletproof but it's worth it for small tools, infrequent use and throwaways or stuff I won't mind losing.

I didn't see one today and I looked. In fact, this is the first time I've seen this item.
This guy is the one I saw at mine, I didn't buy one because I already bought one from Menards https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-...-organizer-with-full-length-drawer-94375.html

Bought it a few days ago, but it got here yesterday. Got the 1700maH LiFe battery for my Futaba 4PM radio, and a 4 dry cell box. The standard three dry cell box doesn't give me what I consider to be decent run time, so the LiFe should help that.

And the 4-cell box is for those times that the rechargeable goes TU. I can toss some AA's in there and keep playing with the car!

View attachment 53355
Not sure if these HRB batteries are any good but I'll give them a go. It was cheap.

Been running a couple sets of those in my outcast and ERBEv2 for 6 months or so and they seem to do ok.

Ordered pinions and some 4mm bullets to install the blx2050kv in my ERBEv2. It's a bit shorter (couple mm) than the traxxas/castle 2200kv motor, as is the output shaft. Could be a bit irritating to put a pinion on it. The short motor leads require an adapter. I had a set of castle sized adapter wires to 3.5mm, then I bought some no-wire 3.5mm->4mm adapters... after putting them on, it looks retarded and prone to failure, so wasted $8 on those. Hoping it's a bit more torquey than the 2200kv motor. Going to start with 18T (vs 16T I have now) and see how that does. Regardless, the 2200kv motor has been in service for over 3 years without issue. Most of which on 4S though.
Looking into them right now. I can tell just by holding the hr they are equivalent to stock. They don't feel very quality made.
M2C has towers now as well. Strong enough for @Rich Duperbash, so should hold up well for most.

Got tired of waiting for the Infraction to be available either online or at LHS so I bought this instead...

IMG_20191110_173025448.jpg

Was also hoping to hold out for the "xmaxx killer", but given the lack of availability of the Infraction (still not available) it'll be summer time before I can expect to be able to even consider getting one of those. This will tide me over until then and get me around better on the land.
;)

Got tired of waiting for the Infraction to be available either online or at LHS so I bought this instead...

View attachment 53486

Was also hoping to hold out for the "xmaxx killer", but given the lack of availability of the Infraction (still not available) it'll be summer time before I can expect to be able to even consider getting one of those. This will tide me over until then and get me around better on the land.
;)

That'll get you where you need to go for sure. ? Good call on choosing Polaris. All of our guys prefer Polaris ATV and Side x Side

Back