What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just got our salaries cut by 10%
Oh man. I'm afraid this is gonna happen to me when I get back. We're in the service industry pretty much and if folks won't be in larger groups I could be in trouble. Hate to see it's happened to you but I imagine it could be worse.
I like to check RCJuice sales when I remember and all three colors of those fans on sale now is a good buy. I may pick up a few too. I have a couple now I got in a trade but at the rate fans kick the bucket, worth having backups.

Picked up these sweet looking diff mounts for the Infraction and Limitless!!

20200406_174902.jpg

Supposed to be pretty nice in low light but we'll see. It provides assistance to low light shooting I read and in reviews I didn't notice others having issues other than when using a white case. I'm out in the shop where my wifi network suffers a bit so haven't been able to set up just yet. I'm not worried and really not trying hard either. Once I get inside next to the router I'll get it right. May need a fw update anyway because I think one came released five days ago.. Router prolly needs a reboot too because I can't remember when I did it last.
I'm halfass setting it up out here but should be inside where I can concentrate and focus.
I will report back as soon as I can. Hoping it works well so I can buy more. Cost is much better than the Blink cam I have that works well.
If you need advice let me know. Security cams is what I do for a living and can steer you in the right direction. I’m assuming that thing is not going to perform well in low light due to a few factors, it has a small lens, is a PTZ, and has no IR or other external light.

The test will be not if a static image looks acceptable, meaning low noise or grainy images, but how much motion blur you get in low light. Also there’s the added bandwidth needed in low light.

Anyways, I don’t want to poo poo on your item too badly, but if you need advice or help, PM me and I’d be glad to steer you right. I know security cameras like you know sausage. ?

lol. It's $40. No doubt I'll be able to see the predators in my backyard as I have lights on both sheds. I got it setup in the house after fw update and when I took it out to the shed I get 70% transmission minimum. I should have no issue with 720p but it's working cleanly with 1080 right now in the evening but we'll see when we go dark. So far it's fine for the cost but haven't installed yet to a fixed mount. It is much nicer so far than the Blink cam I have that retails for $80+ and even that one immediately alerted me when a midnight intruder tried to get in my truck. I think I still have the saved video. I called the popo, they came out and they got the file I sent that night but not sure if they caught the dude.
When I get it mounted I may share directly to you so can see what you think. But $40? I can have plenty fun with it and it can also be used as a webcam which I don't need and haven't compared to the one I use now. Being able to rotate from the app is also cool and I can even adjust the speed. So far, it's fun and worth the $.

Yep it’s for sure a good deal at $40, but if it doesn’t get the job done, then that would be a bummer. I will say it has opportunity to impress me cuz I’m a stickler for details on cams. There’s all kinds of tricks mfgs use to get over on specs. I know the ways they cheat and can usually find the flaws quickly.

For instance their quantization is usually higher than other leading brands, which adds compression artifacts.

The one big setback was that Wyze lost their analytics deal recently. Their partner XNOR pulled out of the deal after Apple acquired them and left them hanging. Was a really promising product up to that point.

Then Wyze also had a data breach recently and all of their user data was taken. They mistakenly left their entire production database open to the internet. That’s a huge mistake

Yep it’s for sure a good deal at $40, but if it doesn’t get the job done, then that would be a bummer. I will say it has opportunity to impress me cuz I’m a stickler for details on cams. There’s all kinds of tricks mfgs use to get over on specs. I know the ways they cheat and can usually find the flaws quickly.

For instance their quantization is usually higher than other leading brands, which adds compression artifacts.

The one big setback was that Wyze lost their analytics deal recently. Their partner XNOR pulled out of the deal after Apple acquired them and left them hanging. Was a really promising product up to that point.

Then Wyze also had a data breach recently and all of their user data was taken. They mistakenly left their entire production database open to the internet. That’s a huge mistake

I understand but $40.
If it alerts me to see what type predator I need to trap, job done.
The data breach doesn't concern me either. I still use services that have had data breaches and when it happens, they typically fix it.
What it really means for me is $40.
I'll post image quality when I have some vids in the free cloud service. I also bought a couple 32g sd cards for $15 total that will allow more and won't go to waste if the thing turns out to be a brick.
One thing I didn't realize is that it goes to black and white in low light. I also have too many lights out here to give it a good test.
The main thing though is will I feel like I got my $40 out of it? So far I've had $60 in fun and haven't even tried yet. I wasn't looking to buy a camera, just read some reviews and bought one because I can't spend any money away from home to have fun. No harm to me.

Ordered a servo and a couple 30mm aluminum fans from rcjuice. If the max6 fans die on me, I'll figure out a way to fit these in instead. Saw they have a few new servos in an email today, I had a weak moment and clicked on it... Hobbystar HCS-4521 for $35
  • Speed @4.8V: 0.16 sec
  • Speed @6.0V: 0.13 sec
  • Speed @7.4V: 0.10 sec
  • Torque @4.8V: 287 oz/in
  • Torque @6.0V: 347 oz/in
  • Torque @7.4V: 444 oz/in
Don't know why... I have 2 or 3 brand new JX Servo DC-5821LV servos I bought a while back to have spares of and I have a red DS3225 on hand... Guess if I can't hoard TP, I'll hoard servos. THe new one is a little quicker/stronger @6V and quite a bit quicker/stronger at 7.4V. The 5821LV's only run up to 6V, but they will still be plenty of servo for my smaller trucks. I'm running one in my ERBEv2 for steering now. It's a tad slow, but so am I, so it works out. :)

Also bought another charger... then canceled the order as the bid was a knee jerk (make an offer and won at 2am), then when I woke up in the morning, I remembered reading about it a while back and unless the firmware was a specific version, it was a dangerous unit to use for lipo's, the hitec X2-400. I wanted it to replace the HTRC AC/DC150DUO in my car as the buttons on one of the channels don't work. I can start/stop, but that's it. Luckily, the seller had no issue cancelling the order and refunding me.

Besides, my entire company just got our salaries cut by 10%... so buying stuff right now is probably dumb anyway. Just antsy being all cooped up I guess.
All you had to do was update the firmware. I have the X2-400, great charger, and most of the used ones I see are the same price I paid for mine new from Tower.

Last edited:
The cheap micro sd cards weren't in stock when I went to pull the trigger. These are cheap enough and good enough.
Can't remember how many packs of shjims I have so got more.
More mounts for the $40 cam so I can move it around. The white ones were much cheapest....like 3 for 1
My original Kraton wing catches on the shock tower nuts too much and drives me crazy. This new Outcast wing should solve it.

1586232567701.png

1586232658870.png

Back