What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked up 3 different sets last week lmao
Mt410 is soon to come.
Just finishing up my MT410 build and it is absolutely the best build kit I have ever done. The instruction manual is so easy to follow and there are tons of build videos on youtube if you are in doubt of anything. I'm already eyeing up the Tekno EB48 2.0 as my next kit once that comes back in stock. Probably going to sell my Typhon 6s when that buggy is road worthy.

Just finishing up my MT410 build and it is absolutely the best build kit I have ever done. The instruction manual is so easy to follow and there are tons of build videos on youtube if you are in doubt of anything. I'm already eyeing up the Tekno EB48 2.0 as my next kit once that comes back in stock. Probably going to sell my Typhon 6s when that buggy is road worthy.

I've been looking at that 410. What M/ESC are you going with?

I've been looking at that 410. What M/ESC are you going with?
I went cheap and easy on the power with a brand new pulled BLX 185 Arrma combo. The higher grade stuff you need to solder the combos and I don't solder and all my hobby shops are closed. Heck I spent more on the servo than th motor/esc :p I got a Hitech D951TW which has loads of power. I'll switch out the motor this summer. Probably go with a Castle Mamba X. Everyone seems to go with the Hobby wing setup or Tekin but I feel this are more for racing.

I was looking at a NB48 2.0 build $1,600 not including fuel.
I went cheap and easy on the power with a brand new pulled BLX 185 Arrma combo. The higher grade stuff you need to solder the combos and I don't solder and all my hobby shops are closed. Heck I spent more on the servo than th motor/esc :p I got a Hitech D951TW which has loads of power. I'll switch out the motor this summer. Probably go with a Castle Mamba X. Everyone seems to go with the Hobby wing setup or Tekin but I feel this are more for racing.
I was going to guess the BLX185 ?

I was looking at a NB48 2.0 build $1,600 not including fuel.

I was going to guess the BLX185 ?
$1600. Damn what are you putting in this thing. $1000 on motor and pipe and servo. I’ve been out of the nitro car game for a while but wow that’s pricey.
do you really need to gold plate everything.?

$1600. Damn what are you putting in this thing. $1000 on motor and pipe and servo. I’ve been out of the nitro car game for a while but wow that’s pricey.
do you really need to gold plate everything.?
Sorry it was a bit over $1,200. That was including some tools and extra air filters, pretty much everything I need other than the fuel.
Screenshot_20200408-163622_Chrome.jpg

Drop the coin on a Tekin! Send her my way! I'm pretty fancy with the solder! I'll give her a full break in for ya too! :LOL:

Sorry it was a bit over $1,200. That was including some tools and extra air filters, pretty much everything I need other than the fuel.
View attachment 73795

o.s Speed, Speed pipe and a $200 servo and your're right at a G-note! ;)

Didnt buy but arrived today

Team Associated Reflex 14b
617A1516-B7E4-46BF-AACA-E27126A0C8B6.jpeg

I actually blame @razorrc for this - was watching his channel and looked good for the back car park. When it arrived quickly soldered EC3s on to it only to realise the pack I thought were 2S were actually 3S ? luckily I had a 2S Optipower 2150mah to hand, charged taken out and I have to admit the radio isn’t actually that bad and this thing is a very nice little pocket rocket ?
Servo is surprisingly fast and goes - nice one @razorrc I will enjoy this little one ...

Wow..!!! and I thought I put a lot of batteries in one case..?

Is that a small bomb you have created..????
If ones gonna go then all of um gonna go???
These just happened to show up in my mailbox today?
1586459486982.jpeg

Last edited:
Didnt buy but arrived today

Team Associated Reflex 14b
View attachment 73876

I actually blame @razorrc for this - was watching his channel and looked good for the back car park. When it arrived quickly soldered EC3s on to it only to realise the pack I thought were 2S were actually 3S ? luckily I had a 2S Optipower 2150mah to hand, charged taken out and I have to admit the radio isn’t actually that bad and this thing is a very nice little pocket rocket ?
Servo is surprisingly fast and goes - nice one @razorrc I will enjoy this little one ...
Isn't the esc 3s capable? I thought it had a rebranded Hobbywing WP16BL30?
Try to find replacement parts for this. I dare you. Most are discontinued...... It's based off the Team Associated Sc10 just like their rat rod truck.
Don't forget to remove part of the seal so in case that goes up it doesn't turn into a bomb. ?

Back