What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought a couple sets of rear bulkheads for my nitro revo's. Started a typical gear change that should have taken 30 minutes at most and ended up burning 3 hours wrenching/modifying to deal with issues I found on my BB revo. Found that the upper shock mount bolts where threading into nothing anymore, so they were loose, then found that my one sided aftermarket rockers had a propensity to bend the bolts and the bolts holding the shocks were no longer tight, then noticed a lot of slop in the shock ends... spent half an hour digging through my drawer to find a set of front bulkheads, but no rears. Was intending on taking the truck out Saturday, this was Friday night after work, and I wanted to run it. So, I used a couple of the metal T-nuts I bought for my outcast battery tray (came in a pack of 50 or 100, I used 6 or 8 of them). Modified the bulkhead a bit, drilled it out, then clipped a couple sides off the t-nuts. Now it bolts up nice and solid again. Ordered the bulkheads anyway just to have on hand.

Also found that I only had a few of the GTR shock ends on hand, so ordered some of those as well.

Got everything fixed, orange loctite on the shock end bolts, put in the smaller clutch bell which is what started me down the rabbit hole... then it rained all day Saturday. lol!

Then, after ordering them, I realized I still had my ERBEv1 as a dying carcass in the closet with two good/stronger diffs in it and bulkheads still attached... ugh. I've been pilfering parts off of it as needed. Most of what's left will work on my nitro revo's only now.

So, another weekend where my trucks didn't get any damage! YAY!

4AFC3338-D2D1-4D94-9F1E-4B0B98EA4BC3.jpeg

Almost... tomorrow.

So. I couldn't decide if I wanted to go with a Notorious 6S or an EXB roller. So my LHS guy said no worries we'll order both, they are back ordered and one will probably take weeks. Talked to them just now... they both arrived today. At the same time. Yikes. LHS guy said just pick the one you want, we will sell the other one. But. But... I still want them both.

RIP credit card. And now I need to order some batteries and figure out a motor and ESC for the EXB. Damn, this is gonna be expensive! That reminds me - I need diff fluid and shims for the EXB. I'll take my time on that one. No rush since I will have the Notorious to bash with in the mean time.

Arrived today. Tested them a few minutes ago on 6v and they create some serious airflow?.
They can run up to 8,45v so ordered a lightweight 2s lipo?
My only gripe is how loud they are. When you’re shooting a video, they are really loud.

Yes you can definitely hear if they are on or off?. But same applies for my esc fan. Only my current HW (50mm) fan that I now use is really quiet, but also moves way less air. These new fans move themselves on the floor even on 6v!
I’m still thinking how to plug these new fans:
1. always on when running car
2. on/off switch (manually in car next to motor)
3. on/off control switch by remote

Use your existing battery and connect to cells via the ballance lead with a jst Connection pin 1 and 3.

Last edited:
Naw, that's pure propane bought off Hank Hill.

It sucks that most of the good tasting fried foods are bad for you. Including the shaved ribeye cheese steaks I made on it last night :cool:
Dang now I’m hungry for lunch early ?

Back