What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the kiddos!
20201203_204747.jpg
20201203_204824.jpg

After some thinking I decided to buy a V5 Notorious. I have a TON of upgrades already on my V4 Kraton Ill be using. And I already ordered several upgrades for the V5. Ill be selling the V4 Kraton here on this forum in a week or so.
Heres the full Notorious V5 order. I also ordered several parts for it. I stripped all of the upgrades from my V4 Kraton and have the ones that will fit (which is everything but the rear EXB brace which I just ordered below) ready to install. They shipped the boxes separate and despite them shipping from the same warehouse the V5 will get here 1-2 days later than the parts. Not sure what happened since they were both ordered at the same time and both shipments were Fed Ex home delivery ground. Oh well. Im just glad it was in the California warehouse this time since Im in Cali. When it gets shipped from Illinois it takes a while longer. One thing I don't understand is why they put ground only (No Air) restrictions on these RTR's when there are no batteries included? Here is what the cart page says "This item cannot be shipped by air. Only 3-7 business day Ground Shipping will be available.." Anyway heres the order. In addition to the stuff from this order I have a ton of other parts Ill be installing. And Ill be doing an unboxing/ build thread with lots of pics.

screencapture-towerhobbies-order-2020-12-05-05_18_05.png

Last edited:
Not the type to show-off but all this and more came in the mail and courier yesterday. Extremely excited about my new hobby and glad there's a place like this to immerse ourselves in as the hobby careens out of control already in my case. Cheers and good luck out there!

Mojaves, Etc.02.jpg

Not the type to show-off but all this and more came in the mail and courier yesterday. Extremely excited about my new hobby and glad there's a place like this to immerse ourselves in as the hobby careens out of control already in my case. Cheers and good luck out there!

View attachment 112573
Only problem I see is that you only have 1 Hobbywing system there instead of 2 :p

Got my order from Jenny's for my K6S.
F/C/R diffs, an Outcast 6S wing and a bolts/tools bundle.

If find the Kraton wing a bit too big for my taste and it's now pretty beat up. It'll be fun to see what the Kraton looks like with the Outcast wing.

Got my order from Jenny's for my K6S.
F/C/R diffs, an Outcast 6S wing and a bolts/tools bundle.

If find the Kraton wing a bit too big for my taste and it's now pretty beat up. It'll be fun to see what the Kraton looks like with the Outcast wing.
I think the outcast wing looks a bit too narrow on the kraton. I actually dig a talion wing on a kraton to give it a more slim look.

I think the outcast wing looks a bit too narrow on the kraton. I actually dig a talion wing on a kraton to give it a more slim look.

Thanks! I'll see.

To be honest, I don't care that much about the look of the truck. On one hand, I really appreciate a nice RC with a custom body/paintjob...but on the other hand, I find there's a little something cool about a beat up RC with mismatched components. :)

I never liked LC filters, only use it when the rest doesn't improve things and the LC filter really makes a difference...
I run my fpv on a gen 8 with lights and sound. I plan on making a power distribution board. Its gonna be overkill to get the best picture lol. Main power in on 3300uf feeding a power out to each individual device with an additional 1000uf on each leg of power but the fpv source will have the inline filter. I know nothing at all about fpv other then I get bad video because it's all off 1 battery. I don't know if the filter works well at all but I have watched a ton of videos showing a cap does the best. But that's on a drone. This is a crawler with lights and sounds with all the bells and whistles so I am simply trying to get the best video I can.. any tips will be greatly appreciated please and thank you lol.

Back