What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New 32t spool spur should put me to the 100 mark for sure😱😁💪
View attachment 120905
You're moving up the speed ladder at Mach 1. Be careful putting up these big numbers with a stock esc. They can handle it till they can't and then it's a blaze of glory.
So wait...

Earlier this year I ordered some stuff for my Talion from Voltage Hobbies. Website states it's in stock, Paid with Paypal, Confirmation email, all that.

Then nothing.

Nothing...

Nothing...

Nothing...

Sent email asking for status...

Nothing...

Nothing...

Second email 3wks later...

Nothing...

Nothing...

Initiated dispute with PP and got money back.

I just assumed these guys were scamming me.

What's the deal?
I ordered two sets of rear 6s suspension mounts before Christmas and they arrived last week. I did try emailing them to make sure that the order was still on the way as the tracking number they provided always showed the same response. "Label created, not yet in system." Then one day, they were here. Other than M2C and Custom Rc Upgrades, they are still one of the best aftermarket rc producers out there. Hopefully they can meet the demand going forward.

Ya I'm hoping at least 100 with the spectrum setup, seems it can handle it, I hope... Just don't have deep pockets unfortunately so trying to do things affordably for now especially with only having my job another like week to clear out our store for the closing😢. Its hard as I just put about $300 into it for batteries, spool, tires, pinions etc. Best believe though uncle sam sends another check I'll for sure be upgrading the electronics👍 was surprised at yesterday's runs did about 4 (not back to back)and nothing was even warm at all. Appreciate the help, info and support brother!!

So wait...

Earlier this year I ordered some stuff for my Talion from Voltage Hobbies. Website states it's in stock, Paid with Paypal, Confirmation email, all that.

Then nothing.

Nothing...

Nothing...

Nothing...

Sent email asking for status...

Nothing...

Nothing...

Second email 3wks later...

Nothing...

Nothing...

Initiated dispute with PP and got money back.

I just assumed these guys were scamming me.

What's the deal?
Earlier this year? You mean last year? We have only been in this year for 3 weeks.

As stated above he doesn't communicate very well, he even lost his vendor status on here as he wouldn't respond to pms from WoodiE.

But long story short his machinist flaked out on him and he had to set up a new deal which took a long time. To make matters worse he didn't disable ordering on his website during this time either. But supposedly everything is back up and running and people have been getting their orders.

Tired of waiting for ti from scorched, these rw mounts look real nice, for us uk guys
20210118_180128.jpg

Ya I'm hoping at least 100 with the spectrum setup, seems it can handle it, I hope... Just don't have deep pockets unfortunately so trying to do things affordably for now especially with only having my job another like week to clear out our store for the closing😢. Its hard as I just put about $300 into it for batteries, spool, tires, pinions etc. Best believe though uncle sam sends another check I'll for sure be upgrading the electronics👍 was surprised at yesterday's runs did about 4 (not back to back)and nothing was even warm at all. Appreciate the help, info and support brother!!
It will be hard to get to 100 on the stock ESC. An MMX8S with the stock motor will get you over the hump.

RW Racing never heard of them.

UK company, make very good pinions plus other alloy parts, just recently they started to make towers for the Kraton/Outcast and the center diff holder end piece 😁👍🏼

The wrong a, arm's again 😂😂😂😂😂😂
The UK part's suplly is getting like the old day's its ridiculous 😂😂😂🙄🇬🇧

IMG_20210118_172144.jpg

It will be hard to get to 100 on the stock ESC. An MMX8S with the stock motor will get you over the hump.
Thanks as always for the info bro! Ya like I said not in the cards at the moment and unless someone has one to donate for the cause🤣 probably be a while until I can fit that into the budget. Also for future reference does the MMX8S mount directly to the stock ESC plate?

I'm seriously considering a pool noodle type foam on the rear. I'll give it a try.
Know something? Add an old tire. Ive been riding wheelies like crazy and have yet to touch the rear fenders or spoiler. Just slightly rotate the tire each time out for even wear.
20210110_162050.jpg

Thanks as always for the info bro! Ya like I said not in the cards at the moment and unless someone has one to donate for the cause🤣 probably be a while until I can fit that into the budget. Also for future reference does the MMX8S mount directly to the stock ESC plate?
It will tape directly to the stock plate after trimming off the small ridge near the center diff.

@Greengaunja pool noodle only work s for landing s that exhert downforce on the wing i.e. frontflip. Works like a charm.
Normal backflip not so much, doesn't do anything and broke another mount. 😂

Might just bold an old tire on the Kraton like you did.

Know something? Add an old tire. Ive been riding wheelies like crazy and have yet to touch the rear fenders or spoiler. Just slightly rotate the tire each time out for even wear.
View attachment 120918
Where might one find a "sh!tbox edition" emblem?

Where might one find a "sh!tbox edition" emblem?
Keep an eye on FB market. I got 20 for $60. The ad is gone now but the guy i got it from puts stuff like that up all the time, even does custom. I'd send ya one but I gave the last to L3phturn. Its plastic but the padded adhesive is metal decal quality.

500k silicone for my center diff in the felony. Paid an arm and leg, I thought. 19.49

Keep an eye on FB market. I got 20 for $60. The ad is gone now but the guy i got it from puts stuff like that up all the time, even does custom. I'd send ya one but I gave the last to L3phturn. Its plastic but the padded adhesive is metal decal quality.
I'm definitely keeping my eyes open for some.

Back