What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got her all back together getting ready to go out for it's first drive. I will say I do love the savox sw1210 so far it has much more tourqe at east it seems like it havnt checked the specs on the factory 1 yet. It is alot faster from lock to lock I kno that. I was told yesterday when I got my servo that my motor and my new keratin should b arriving on the same day awesome. Then my wife' s 2018 typhon is on its way here now as well. I' excited to get the hole family out doings something together. And I feel your pain I hate that when I think I'm all finished with my build you find a screw, washer, nut something then if it' not obvious where it goes time to start over fml lol.

Way better
20180217_074308.jpg

Do yourself a favor and at least try AVC with that bad boy.
The AVC is AMAZING!
On loose dirt, I can actually drift a 2WD!
I've been messing with a Rustler roller I bought and built up.
I love the Tactic servo over Traxxas.
It has a GOOLRC 80A ESc and I switch between cheapie china 3100kv and 3900kv motors.
The motors prob draw about 30-40 amps.
Getting ready to put in a Hobbywing 120A ESC and a 550 motor that draws 90+ amps.
Most likely will be 2000-3000 kv-range.

I've heard about those, you wouldn't by chance have a link to them on eBay would you?
I'm not sure what's compatible.
I can't find the surface receivers anywhere anymore just the air receivers.

Yes, heard good things about it. Have to admit I was/am skeptical. It is very solid; will see how it holds up ;) it has to be better than the stock Xmaxx wheelie bar configuration.

This weekend was filled with diff rebuilding shenanigans. The Talion and Kraton both had front/rear diffs pulled and rebuilt. Got the really nasty grease out of the stock diffs and replaced the cups with HR aluminum cups. Fully rebuilt diffs all the way around now running 60k F/200k C/30k R.

My RPM A-Arms and mud guards came in on Friday as well, so they went on both cars as well. The mud guards are fantastic! I really feel like the dogbones are in a more protected state as well.

Last up was a new Robinson Racing 15T pinion gear. I pulled out my stock motor while cleaning and found that a tooth was missing. Moving up from the 14T to 15T in the Talion definitely made a pretty drastic impact. I'm definitely not comfortable running 6S without a motor cooler. We rigged up a makeshift fan out of some spare parts, and it has done wonders in keeping the temps down.

On order now:

• Replacement chassis
  • Chassis protection stickers
  • Aluminum lower suspension mounts & hinge pins (my Talion's are pretty well knackered) front and rear
  • Replacement wing
  • Rear diff mudguard (should fit between the RPM a-arm guards)
  • Shock socks
I think that's all we ordered this weekend. I need to try to track down some diff gaskets, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

This weekend was filled with diff rebuilding shenanigans. The Talion and Kraton both had front/rear diffs pulled and rebuilt. Got the really nasty grease out of the stock diffs and replaced the cups with HR aluminum cups. Fully rebuilt diffs all the way around now running 60k F/200k C/30k R.

My RPM A-Arms and mud guards came in on Friday as well, so they went on both cars as well. The mud guards are fantastic! I really feel like the dogbones are in a more protected state as well.

Last up was a new Robinson Racing 15T pinion gear. I pulled out my stock motor while cleaning and found that a tooth was missing. Moving up from the 14T to 15T in the Talion definitely made a pretty drastic impact. I'm definitely not comfortable running 6S without a motor cooler. We rigged up a makeshift fan out of some spare parts, and it has done wonders in keeping the temps down.

On order now:

• Replacement chassis
  • Chassis protection stickers
  • Aluminum lower suspension mounts & hinge pins (my Talion's are pretty well knackered) front and rear
  • Replacement wing
  • Rear diff mudguard (should fit between the RPM a-arm guards)
  • Shock socks
I think that's all we ordered this weekend. I need to try to track down some diff gaskets, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

I had problems finding diff seals in mine to. Perfect fit is Lodi diff seal set. Part number losa3505

I had problems finding diff seals in mine to. Perfect fit is Lodi diff seal set. Part number losa3505

Looks like I know exactly what I'll be buying prior to pulling my suspension apart again. Should be an easy fitment onto each of the diffs. Not looking forward to cleaning out the front/rear diff housing again since I just lubed them up.

Oh wells, at least now I'll have something that won't leak/seep.

Bought 2 outcast and 2 granite 4x4 1 6s 7400 mah 90 c smc 1 4s 7400 mah 90c smc 2 2s 7400 mah 90c smc the waiting is killing me lol oh yeah a venom pro quad charger

Well, for one, his 6s, 7400mah battery needs 7.4 amps and about 170w to charge at 1C (one hour + balance).

And second he does not like to wait, so that charger can push up about 13a to that battery, so charge times will be about 40 minutes...

For his 4s and 2s packs, he can get the charge times under 30 minutes.

4 channels lets him charge a pack for all 4 of his cars at the same time.

The Venom quad 80w charge is a decent charger if you only need 2s/3s duty, but it is really not up to the task for 4s and 6s charging - especially with the huge 7400mah packs.

Edit - I have the 2 channel version of the charger I linked. Moved up to it from a 2 channel 50w 6a charger. HUGE difference in charge time. My 4s 5000mah charge time dropped from almost 2 hours to about 25 minutes. Also, that 50w charger frequently would thermal shutdown, and eventualy died from running at 100% all the time. My current charger seldom runs more than 70% output - so it runs much cooler.

Back