What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1395.JPG IMG_1396.JPG IMG_1397.JPG IMG_1398.JPG IMG_1399.JPG IMG_1400.JPG

2009 Acura TL with Tech package
138k miles but what sold me was the Carfax and maintenance records. Timing belt and water pump just done! Had a slight accident but that was 3 years ago and the bumper looks new still.

Check out the Carfax. Rarely do you get this kind of documentation and then to have it done at an Acura dealer and on time! Going to check with the Acura dealer to see if they have records of the brake lines being flushed though. If not that will be done very very soon.

I think it was a good price. It was a grand under market for my area and from a reputable dealer. They put on brand new tires all the way around, replaced all fluids including transmission and brake fluid and replaced a leaky shock. All of this saves me about $1200-$1300 because I would have done it myself anyway just to get a good maintenance baseline.

They are supposed to be top of the line. I also hear their customer service is top notch. Hopefully it works out great for you. I still haven't had a chance to run mine but updates are soon to come!

Tekins are supposed to be among the best of the best. But they are also well known for catching failing / fire more than the a BLX180. Customer service is great, though, I hear.

But they are also well known for catching failing / fire more than the a BLX180. Customer service is great, though, I hear.

That's news to me as I've never heard any really bad opinions of the Tekins or them catching fire. I know there are pretty popular with the racers as they are able to be modded and nearly everything about them is able to be tweaked / finetuned through a number of programming options.

I hope they aren't as bad as the BLX180... that thing was baaadddd.

I've seen personally 2 Tekin fail at the track, and I am not there on busy days much. (I mostly track bash on low turn out days) My local racer FB group has reports of one burning almost every racing weekend. One racer I know cooks one about every 4-6 months, but still would not buy anything else, until he had three gen 3s burn up on three weekends in a row. Then he grudgingly swapped to Hobbywing. And then burned his HW a month later... LOL This is all the 1/8 scale ESC's, I know nothing about the 1/10 stuff.

But they must be hella good when they are running, 'cuz those Tekin guys are LOYAL.

I would be curious to know if these guys are running tweaked firmware or stock firmware. I'm certainly not disputing what you've witnessed, just shocked to hear this as it's the first time I've heard it.

That isn't good news lol. Hopefully this one works...just going to hope for the best. I thought the $125 was a good price for it...hopefully it works lol. It's not charred looking so it has that going for it...I guess I'll wait and see what happens.

Have either of you used the SMC 2100kv motor or heard anything about it? I've found it for $60 and thinking of trying it out.

I know guys that over tweak the tekins and push them waaay to hard. That tends to make fire. I'm an idiot when it comes to pushing my buggy to the limit. I'll be the first to let you know if it holds up. Also heard that keeping them clean is also very important... I haven't actually fried my oe stuff so a quick swap out will be available.

Back