What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly don’t understand shipping charges from the good ‘ol US of A.!!
I’m in the UK, Jenny'sRC is reasonable for everything except bodies and takes around 10-14 days. Most eBay seller charge more for shipping than the part.. and I just bought an Castle MMX and it was free shipping.!! THAT’S CALIFORNIA TO THE UK, WTF 🤣🤪😉
Makes about as much sense as The Rise of Skywalker.

Might have bought this if my offer is accepted.
Screenshot_20220806-115502_Outlook.jpg
Screenshot_20220806-115549_Outlook.jpg
Screenshot_20220806-115609_Outlook.jpg

I'm very mixed about this. First car I've considered since 1998. But with fuel prices the way they are, makes sense to have a second vehicle as 75% of the time I don't need my truck for work.

I honestly don’t understand shipping charges from the good ‘ol US of A.!!
I’m in the UK, Jenny'sRC is reasonable for everything except bodies and takes around 10-14 days. Most eBay seller charge more for shipping than the part.. and I just bought an Castle MMX and it was free shipping.!! THAT’S CALIFORNIA TO THE UK, WTF 🤣🤪😉
Same thing if I want to order something from the UK cheapest quote I've seen on just a part was like $20 US.

Front diff was not too bad at about 75% full but changed it to 60k

Centre was actually pretty perfectly filled but dumped it out to put in 500k.

The rear diff was only about 40% full so switched it to 30k.

There wasn't to much seriously wrong. Even the spur gear was meshed perfectly which was a nice surprise.
There was one nut that was cross threaded.

But did have to do a lot of shimming to get everything tight.
I had to completly shim all 3 diffs and diff pinions , (Front diff mesh was the most sloppy)
the 17mm hex hubs needed shimming,
Shimmed front upper control arms also.
Also balanced the wheels and reinforced the body.

IMG_20220807_140446.jpg

IMG_20220807_163606.jpg

There wasn't to much seriously wrong. Even the spur gear was meshed perfectly which was a nice surprise.

I had to completly shim all 3 diffs and diff pinions , (Front diff mesh was the most sloppy)

View attachment 234696
View attachment 234697
All that shimming and u didn't hit the hubs!! 🤣 what tire balancer is that!?

View attachment 234696
View attachment 234697
Thank you! Do you have the shim sizes you used?

Looks good!

Last edited:
All that shimming and u didn't hit the hubs!! 🤣 what tire balancer is that!?
Not sure which part of the hubs your taking about, but if it has play I probably shimmed it. 🕺

The balancer is an
Integy Rc balancer
Screenshot_2022-08-08-04-27-43-336_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

Thank you! Do you have the shim sizes you used?

Looks good!
I have 3x7, 5x7, 8x14, 10x14, 12x16
All in 0.1mm to 0.5mm increments.
These seem to cover all my rc's pretty well.

Ooh, look what I got in the mail today yall!! Now I just need my chassis from Jenny's & some diffs & I can start putting this monster together!😃🤞 @K-BASH & @Moirae can I be in the club now? 😆 One serious question tho- how do I tell which wire is A, B, & C when I go to hook it up? There aren't any markings that I can see

20220808_170913.jpg

20220808_170928.jpg

Ooh, look what I got in the mail today yall!! Now I just need my chassis from Jenny's & some diffs & I can start putting this monster together!😃🤞 @K-BASH & @Moirae can I be in the club now? 😆 One serious question tho- how do I tell which wire is A, B, & C when I go to hook it up? There aren't any markings that I can see

View attachment 234775

View attachment 234776
Those guys are going to drag you right into the poor house with them, but you'll be in good company and have a blast doing it! :love:
Wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I hope mine don't shatter!
View attachment 234777
Love mine! (y)

Those guys are going to drag you right into the poor house with them, but you'll be in good company and have a blast doing it! :love:

Love mine! (y)
+1 on those drivers, they are an absolute must in my book 👍 & I've only broken the handled ones (both the 2mm & 2.5mm🤬) never the speed tips

View attachment 234775

View attachment 234776
haha welcome to the club! non sensored motors don't have each motor wire labeled. It doesn't matter where you plug em in. You can even reverse 2 wires if you find the motor rotation to be wrong.

haha welcome to the club! non sensored motors don't have each motor wire labeled. It doesn't matter where you plug em in. You can even reverse 2 wires if you find the motor rotation to be wrong.
Do you find it necessary to add a bit of extension on these leads? They seem way too short to reach the esc. Could I just cut the female end off of these & solder the 8mm bullet on, then solder the female 6mm bullet onto the motor leads?

20220808_185142.jpg

Do you find it necessary to add a bit of extension on these leads? They seem way too short to reach the esc. Could I just cut the female end off of these & solder the 8mm bullet on, then solder the female 6mm bullet onto the motor leads?

View attachment 234789
Yea I always use extensions with TP motors. 6 inches 8mm female to 8mm male for xlx2. I put male bullets on the motor leads. 6 inches has been enough to cover all of my rigs so far.

Back