What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought two 3s batteries for my Kraton. I have been running a single 4s, but curiosity got the best of me. Like Ricky Bobby said, "I want to go fast."

Ever try this one?
https://www.harborfreight.com/infrared-thermometer-93984.html

The one you linked only goes up to 230F. Need to go to at least 300F for dual use with electric and nitro. Curious how that one is. My old radio shack one is a sorry state.
I picked up this one when it was on sale plus I used the 20% off coupon and I use the laser to play with my cat https://www.harborfreight.com/Non-Contact-Infrared-Thermometer-With-Laser-Targeting-69465.html

But my Outcast has ran hot since I first got it, gear mesh is good, no binding in the drivetrain, all bearings, driveshafts and both diffs have been replaced, I've been thinking maybe just a defective motor.

@Jerry-rigged Yeah when I thermaled my esc and I went and touched my motor I was instantly regretting that.

Bought a stock motor mount/diff brace off ebay for $11. Figured I'd cut the motor mount part off and use it for the front of the diff. Cheaper than spending $20 on an alloy part made for the front.

thanx @Thomas P for the info on the rare Robby Gordon bodies. I was able to pick up these ;)

s-l1600.jpg

Hey Olds, give the Etekcity temp gun a try. It's rated to up to 700+ degrees.
I like that, but the smaller form factor of the other makes it better for keeping in your pocket. My radio shack one had a little belt clip on it. It broke off of course, but after a bit of tinkering, I was able to reattach it.

Another set of rear RPM arms for my outcast. Shattered one today, not sure how. Luckily, my LHS 35 minutes away had them in stock, so I ran there after bashing and got a set.

Looking at them in the package, they have an L/R on them, but they look identical. I should have overlayed them to see what was different.

2018-0731-Outcast-BrokenRPMArm03.jpg

2018-0731-Outcast-BrokenRPMArm02.jpg

Wasn't even that high of a jump or bad of a crash. I had ran for nearly 30 minutes at a skate park, then was running at another place while waiting for a second skate park to have less kids and I took a couple tumbles on grass, then had only FWD all the sudden. Luckily, I found the bone.

The only time I've seen an RPM arm do this was when I cased a jump in one of my revo's at top speed. The inertia of the tires/wheels caused the rear arms to flex so badly that the arms themselves broke as well as the axle sliders. And one other time when it was sub-freezing out.

With this, it doesn't make any sense.

I've ordered various Diff oils, Fast Eddy Bearing kits, Main input gear, brake cleaner, Y-harness for servo, Mobile 1 synthetic grease, Yeah Racing twin heatsink, Mugen E0206 Shim, and Teknro 13x16x.1mm shims, new front/rear diff from Jenny's.

It's been so hot, I woke up yesterday morning to bash before working. a few minutes into my first pack i heard some grinding when correcting a jump mid air. two laps later, i it sounds awful on the throttle, and not getting power to the rear. Tearing it down, it down I've packed my rear diff with dirt, and blown the bearing on the ring side. Cleaning it out, and back assembled (with broken bearing) sounds like there is very little contact with the input gear.

It was my first time inspecting the diffs, the ring gear around the diff, and input gear looked fine. I am hoping shims and bearings will fix the issue. I've got the extra diff, input gear, and oils just in case. I hate having a broken truck.

Dang @olds97_lss. I kinda wonder if it didn't have a hairline fracture somewhere during manufacturing.
Don't know, but apparently, RPM's warranty isn't as easy as TBR's is. With TBR, send them an email with a photo, get a new part. With RPM, send email, write a letter, mail it in, pay for postage, hope they deem it worth. After spending hundreds over the years on RPM, would be nice if the one time I actually want to use the warranty that it wasn't such a hassle.

I just finished going through my footage and I can't tell where I broke it. None of the landings leading up to it appeared to be hard on that corner. I had one or two on a front arm that should have broke, but they are fine.

Oh well. Got the new ones picked up and installed it already.

Last edited:
Lots of stuff for my Kraton:

Savox 1256TG servo
RPM front and rear A-arms
RPM wing mount
RPM rear skipplate
RPM front bumper and skidplate
Hot Racing front and rear chassis braces
Hot Racing front steering blocks
Hot Racing rear hubs
Hot Racing motor mount

I probably should have ordered the servo mount. And I still will need tires at some point. I can't see the stock ones lasting very long. Oh, I already got the Fast Eddy bearing kit and replaced all the bearings.

New chassis showed up in the mail today :)

Got tired of bending and straightening the old one

IMG_7289.JPG

Figured I'd swing by my LHS just to aggravate the owner for a few minutes and he somehow swindled me out of another $100
- Extra set of Backflips
- Diff case
- Bearings
- HD wing mount
None of which I actually need right now, but you never know what tomorrow holds ;)

IMG_7296.JPG

I couldn't decide which tires to get for my Kraton, so I got two sets:

20180809_132324.jpg 20180809_132547.jpg 20180809_132555.jpg

I tried the Trenchers first and promptly busted the diff cups on my front diff. Tons of grip.

Back