What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Random

437DAD79-68F6-48B7-AC73-5EBDD4C9DC75.png

Alrighty, Christmas presents for my two nephews arrived today. These things make a really good first impression. The chassis is beefy and they feel really solid. It's pretty amazing what you get at a price point of $85.
View attachment 259566

On a side note, my Perfect Pass launch control module came in today as well. Ran a quick test on the bench and it does what it says on the tin.
They’re fun but they don’t hold up well to bashing and collision. I have a few of them

They’re fun but they don’t hold up well to bashing and collision. I have a few of them
That's alright. The boys are 6 and 8. They don't do extreme bashing and, if they do break something, at least you can get parts for these things. I got them some starter RC cars for Christmas the last two years to get them prepped (just some halfway zippy stuff off Amazon) and I think this is a good stepping stone to a proper hobby grade car in a year or two. I don't expect extreme durability for $85, but for the money I think they're good. Only 23 more days and we'll see how long they hold up. :)

So I've been in a dilemma all week long about whether I should pick up a fireteam or not. Then I remembered I had rewards points available to use on tower. So, I took a peek at what it would cost me after using points and a tower coupon code and long story short and 290 bucks later it should be arriving next week 🤣

Last edited:
Ok. This is becoming a problem. I’ve been on here a month after buying a Talion. A huge upgrade from my VXL bandit. Then 2 weeks ago? A fireteam. Now the wife gave into this because it’s “such a great deal”. And it is. Easily one I can upgrade. I’m completely out of control. Oh…and a few others. Like a Lipo bag for the 4 pack of 6S batteries and a new body for my Bandit. After I rebuilt the slipper clutch and put a 17mm hub kit on it. From what I’ve seen? I fit riiiight in with crazy fun people with the same issue. 😂 I’m jacked.

2704C63D-CC6D-4E8B-8137-036982511577.png

Last edited:
Ok. This one s becoming a problem. I’ve been on here a month after buying a Talion. A huge upgrade from my VXL bandit. Then 2 weeks ago? A fireteam. Now the wife gave into this because it’s “such a great deal”. And it is. Easily one I can upgrade. I’m completely out of control.

View attachment 260396
Nah. Compared to some of us you are completely in control. :ROFLMAO:

I appreciate the support fellas! 😁 I’m already researching the forum to make that Rig a 6S ripper. Seems very possible

Just ordered a Weller-We1010na Soldering station. Its defiantly a step above what I have. Found some good info here on getting some 63/37 rosin core leaded solder. Next step is getting better at soldering. :D
It’s not terribly hard once you get the hang of it. I used to hate it. Because I always made a mess or mistake. But there’s plenty of us who can help you or even you tube!

It’s not terribly hard once you get the hang of it. I used to hate it. Because I always made a mess or mistake. But there’s plenty of us who can help you or even you tube!
Yes. I have been hating it. I have allot to learn about this and my Limitless.. I may be asking some things real soon ..:D Thank you !!.

Back