What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always borrowed a chassis setup station from a friend, much needed to finally get my own .

B7248D62-5527-4618-9F5B-06E7A5006917.jpeg

I wouldn’t buy it. The building is my favorite part. I think within the speed run community most people feel the same. I spend 90% of my time working and tweaking the cars and cars and 10% running them. If I really have the itch to run I have a drift/basher Limitless, the Outcast EXB, and a couple other cars. Even have the Redcat 64 Impala that I can use in the house on rainy days and just hop and three wheel around the living room. Lol
I can see that, while I luv building and working on my car I have nothing else to fall back on. I only have 2 cars one is my 8s outcast and the other is the one im building and neither are operational lol. So on pretty days like today I have nothing to play with. But I have a fix for that on the way lol so now I should have at least one goin at all times. Mu problem is im always buying new stuff to add and running into unforseen problems but learning is half the fun. If your not learning your not living 🙂

Lord jesus, did that all that stuff cost more or less than the car? Mine's still bone stock - and I'm still recovering from the sticker shock 4 months later. I baby it on jumps because I'm scared to break anything lol.

Need pics once assembled please.

Lord jesus, did that all that stuff cost more or less than the car? Mine's still bone stock - and I'm still recovering from the sticker shock 4 months later. I baby it on jumps because I'm scared to break anything lol.

Need pics once assembled please.
I bought the car used for $700 last year. But yea.. the parts cost more than the car 😅

I bought the car used for $700 last year. But yea.. the parts cost more than the car 😅
Nice buy! So far it seems to be pretty durable if you're not crazy bashing (flips, 40 footers).

I mean if you think about it, every RC car is somewhere between a small little 1/24 buggy and a real 1:1 car. And the closer to a 1:1 car you get, the less realistic it is to be able to jump 100ft in the air and land without breaking something (impossible at 1:1). So there's some transition.... somewhere between 1/24 or 1/10 things really start to transition to full scale and things start to become not realistic due to physics. 25lbs breaks more than 8lbs any way you look at it. If you had a 2000lb real car and jumped it 100ft in the air, it would 100% break lol. So were all somewhere along that sliding scale... some farther to the right than others!

Anyway, yeah... need pics!
next build!
btw, what change do the new springs bring - on stock shocks, right?

4 3s lipos for 32 cad each. They went from 50-60cad to 32$. It was now or never. The bill at the end of the month going to hurtm my ultrasobic cleaner was 150$ now another 150$ for the lipos and a few dollards here and there ☠

I will trade you:

ouch.png

Those payments cleared yesterday and the day before. I still owe 3k more at 0% for a bunch of RC stuff I bought the past few months. :bag:

I wouldn’t buy it. The building is my favorite part. I think within the speed run community most people feel the same. I spend 90% of my time working and tweaking the cars and cars and 10% running them. If I really have the itch to run I have a drift/basher Limitless, the Outcast EXB, and a couple other cars. Even have the Redcat 64 Impala that I can use in the house on rainy days and just hop and three wheel around the living room. Lol
I spend 80% plus on wrenching and 20% or less on driving. Even though I rarely jump my vehicles, I beef up all my vehicles to be stronger in case I ever decide to go nuts with them. The only vehicles that don't see extensive upgrades are my road vehicles.

My two Mini-Zs are my foul weather vehicles: you don't need a lot of room to run them indoors.

Meh, good thing I sent my Amz card a grand the other day cuz I could not pass up this deal. I will need to get a $100 worth of other goodies before I eventually try and install it in something, so it will sit in the closet with all the spare parts until then.

2023-02-08_11h44_45.png

Meh, good thing I sent my Amz card a grand the other day cuz I could not pass up this deal. I will need to get a $100 worth of other goodies before I eventually try and install it something so it will sit in the closet with all the spare parts until then.

View attachment 276652
I know the feeling 😕

I no the feeling guys. I need to get better real soon because I been buying chit that I shouldn't have right now. Even the little stuff adds up and amazon is doing a great job at showing me deals on what I been looking at. They are probably saying look at that sucker. :ROFLMAO:

Having your own carbon fiber to custom make your own parts is awesome
Yes. I'm thinking about some easy projects like side skirts and a front splitter. Have never worked with the stuff so I don't no how far I will go with this but it will be fun. Like your charger. Edit. That is a real nice charger and the price isn't bad. 👍

Last edited:
Yes. I'm thinking about some easy projects like side skirts and a front splitter. Have never worked with the stuff so I don't no how far I will go with this but it will be fun. Like your charger. How many amps is it.?

Take extra precaution with the CF, it's dust is wicked bad for you.

Back