What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bag. So when I’m out I’m not lugging around everything. Storage totes the works. Along with another carbon fiber sheet

78D72078-025B-4411-8527-F508AF81BD44.jpeg

2B35DD02-AFE8-48DB-A730-C2648236A00C.jpeg

D7ADA5EA-A87A-407B-8C8A-B82D7AF83BD6.jpeg

7ABE27A0-0D24-4417-8DD0-C6887C03A526.jpeg

What exactly is that? It’s not carbon fiber fabric… and it’s not a hard carbon fiber panel… I am intrigued 🤔

Carbon,Twill Carbon Fiber Plate Board Sheet They come in the form of 0.5 mm to 6mm. Be very open when ordering from Amazon tho.. I paid $12 for a 125x75x2mm the other day. It wasn’t even close to 5 inches by 3 inches. Way smaller. I ended up getting this 200x300x2mm almost 8 inches by 11 inches. And paid few bucks difference. Well worth it.​

This will be my next project can’t say what will be made yet.

9B1F4B66-6220-4055-BC25-BEFC9591B9EA.png

Do you do all the work on Jays Bud Buggy? You pay for it all? He doesn't wrench? Just drive it?
Yeah, I'm his pit crew- he just drives (& wrecks) it. He gave me an original budget of $125 to build it, most of which I spent on the esc. Had 90% of the parts from my spare parts (motor too) & take offs from buying upgrades. Since I do all the work on it I'm not gonna feel bad about pulling the max6 & tp motor (4060 2620kv) & throwing a stock spektrum combo in it.

Yeah, I'm his pit crew- he just drives (& wrecks) it. He gave me an original budget of $125 to build it, most of which I spent on the esc. Had 90% of the parts from my spare parts (motor too) & take offs from buying upgrades. Since I do all the work on it I'm not gonna feel bad about pulling the max6 & tp motor (4060 2620kv) & throwing a stock spektrum combo in it.
I agree, your getting him up and running immediately. Why not show him how to work on them since your so good at it? He doesn't like wrenching? Is he on the forum?

I agree, your getting him up and running immediately. Why not show him how to work on them since your so good at it? He doesn't like wrenching? Is he on the forum?
Nah he's not on here, although I've tried to get him to join. I've taken my tools to his place to do some minor repairs & tried to show him the basics but he's just not interested in the wrenching aspect of the hobby. I honestly don't care tho, because I find it oddly calming (most of the time) & incredibly satisfying when I can tear a rig completely down & rebuild it. I just like having someone else to drive my cars with!

Nah he's not on here, although I've tried to get him to join. I've taken my tools to his place to do some minor repairs & tried to show him the basics but he's just not interested in the wrenching aspect of the hobby. I honestly don't care tho, because I find it oddly calming (most of the time) & incredibly satisfying when I can tear a rig completely down & rebuild it. I just like having someone else to drive my cars with!
I wish we were neighbors, i would love a pit crew! 😇

chins.png

1280Wh@24V that I can leave in my truck, doesn't care about a storage charge, won't burn down my house, doesn't need gas, doesn't bother the snowflakes in the park, and doesn't mind being discharged 80%. That's enough for a good 5-8 runs on my 7Ah@8S packs on my DBXL-2e. I can also use them in parallel in my trailer that's golf cart batteries are shot... it's like a tax write off.

My step son has got into the hobby. We've been doing these rc drag races and love it. Every Sunday a group of us get out and race then trash talk all week about who's gonna be faster. Lol fun times

View attachment 286325
That's awesome! Fun running with others! I have a former work buddy that I run with on occasion. Used to have a large clay track and ran with others also. Still teaching gf to get more comfortable with her typhon before I run with her. Do you have a issue with that speed senton parachuting and blowing over?

That's awesome! Fun running with others! I have a former work buddy that I run with on occasion. Used to have a large clay track and ran with others also. Still teaching gf to get more comfortable with her typhon before I run with her. Do you have a issue with that speed senton parachuting and blowing over?
Yeah 52 all it can get before it flips

My step son has got into the hobby. We've been doing these rc drag races and love it. Every Sunday a group of us get out and race then trash talk all week about who's gonna be faster. Lol fun times

View attachment 286325

View attachment 286325
Sweet, I like the black and red.. drop them body posts, or get him some big ole shock limiters!!

Back