What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spend all my money on so many things. Last month I bought a whole bunch of parts to do some maintenance on my Tahoe, I still have more money in parts for my Outcast than I do for the Tahoe though lol. I have spent less than $500.00 on replacement parts for my Tahoe. I lost track of how much I have spent on the Outcast.
Am I supposed to be taking care of my 1:1 too? Forgot they need maintenance since I got back into rc. Budget's kind of low for 1:1 right now. Still need upgrades for the Notorious.

My GoPro showed up today. All mounts come on Wednesday.

20190106_142416.jpg

My GoPro showed up today. All mounts come on Wednesday.

View attachment 26675
I really like my hero5 black. Was on the fence between it and the 6 when I got it. When reading on it, I saw that the 6 records in h265 codec and I wasn't sure if I could deal with that or not using the free "Windows Movie Maker", so I got the 5 which records using h264. Ended up buying software anyway because WMM was a nightmare to use to edit 120fps 1920x1080 video. Still, the 5 seems to do what I needed well enough. The 6 gives better stabilization and I think a higher frame rate in 1080, which would have been nicer.

I really like my hero5 black. Was on the fence between it and the 6 when I got it. When reading on it, I saw that the 6 records in h265 codec and I wasn't sure if I could deal with that or not using the free "Windows Movie Maker", so I got the 5 which records using h264. Ended up buying software anyway because WMM was a nightmare to use to edit 120fps 1920x1080 video. Still, the 5 seems to do what I needed well enough. The 6 gives better stabilization and I think a higher frame rate in 1080, which would have been nicer.

I was going to get the 5 until I looked at the 6 and the price difference. With the 7 now out, the 6 was only $65 more than the 5. The stabilization alone is worth that to me. 4k is pretty cool too. But I am going to need to build a PC in order to edit my footage.

I was going to get the 5 until I looked at the 6 and the price difference. With the 7 now out, the 6 was only $65 more than the 5. The stabilization alone is worth that to me. 4k is pretty cool too. But I am going to need to build a PC in order to edit my footage.
Yeah, when I got mine, it was more than $100 difference between the two as the 7 didn't exist yet.

I don't use the gopro software at all. I copy from the micro sd to my data drive, then after moving the low-res video and thumbs to a sub folder, I import the files into PowerDirector16. It then down converts everything to a more manageable file size in a temp folder for editing. Takes a while as it's reencoding all of it to a lower res video. Then it uses that in the preview/editing process, but when you publish/build your output video, it uses the original source. The software wasn't too expensive. I bought it initially because I was using it to put onboard video in a PIP type output from my hero5 session. Then my bodies started getting destroyed from the camera being mounted, so I stopped. After using it a while, it works a lot better than WMM did, so I kept using it.

WMM was fine with 60fps 1080 video, but didn't like the 120fps 1080 which is how I have my hero5 record and it also didn't allow for PIP type output.

Man I have a list so long of things I want to get.
Shocks for the Hoe.
New bedroom set.
Action Cam of some sort. Would like a GoPro but not sure where to start really. I tried one of those cheap Chinese ones, and the quality of the video was horrendous. I'm pretty sure the first camera phone I ever had had better quality.
New desk. Gonna try and build this, I already know what I am doing for a top I need to figure out a base.

Yeah, when I got mine, it was more than $100 difference between the two as the 7 didn't exist yet.

I don't use the gopro software at all. I copy from the micro sd to my data drive, then after moving the low-res video and thumbs to a sub folder, I import the files into PowerDirector16. It then down converts everything to a more manageable file size in a temp folder for editing. Takes a while as it's reencoding all of it to a lower res video. Then it uses that in the preview/editing process, but when you publish/build your output video, it uses the original source. The software wasn't too expensive. I bought it initially because I was using it to put onboard video in a PIP type output from my hero5 session. Then my bodies started getting destroyed from the camera being mounted, so I stopped. After using it a while, it works a lot better than WMM did, so I kept using it.

WMM was fine with 60fps 1080 video, but didn't like the 120fps 1080 which is how I have my hero5 record and it also didn't allow for PIP type output.

What are the specs of your PC? Mine is 5 years old. I know it won't be able to handle this type of video editing. The 6 can record 1080p at over 200fps for awesome slow motion video.

What are the specs of your PC? Mine is 5 years old. I know it won't be able to handle this type of video editing. The 6 can record 1080p at over 200fps for awesome slow motion video.
intel i7-6700, 16G ram, intel 240G ssd, NVidia GTX 960. I usually buy when stuffs on sale from previous years so I can have a relatively quick CPU to convert my blurays/dvd's faster since that's all CPU processing via handbrake. The video card doesn't even really come into play.

Damn bro and I thought i had a problem!! lol

I only bought some wheel extenders today for my slash 4x4 so I can run these kick ass monster jam style tires on my slash.. 18MM in length and 12mm hexes, Had a set installed on my stampede but I've since lost them?? I dunno what the hell happened to uhm.. might have gotten pitched by accident..

Damn bro and I thought i had a problem!! lol

I only bought some wheel extenders today for my slash 4x4 so I can run these kick ass monster jam style tires on my slash.. 18MM in length and 12mm hexes, Had a set installed on my stampede but I've since lost them?? I dunno what the hell happened to uhm.. might have gotten pitched by accident..
I too thought I had a problem.
56erysgbxsd.jpg

HR chassis braces showed up in the mail today for my daughters v3 Talion

I tried to talk her into letting me buy her Voltage braces but she was dead set on the HR units because they were the same color scheme as the rest of the rig.
I will say I was surprised at how light they were when compared to the plastic stock braces. (Only gained 4.7grams total including the HR aluminum spindles)

IMG_8656.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8653.JPG
    IMG_8653.JPG
    396.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_8654.JPG
    IMG_8654.JPG
    338.3 KB · Views: 38
Threw a battery into the money pit today. Nice deal on Amazon, 68 bucks for a HRB 5000mah 6S.

I wish it was hard pack, maybe I can Frankenstein a case.

Will be interesting to see how it compares to my SMCs, at half the price.

HR chassis braces showed up in the mail today for my daughters v3 Talion

I tried to talk her into letting me buy her Voltage braces but she was dead set on the HR units because they were the same color scheme as the rest of the rig.
I will say I was surprised at how light they were when compared to the plastic stock braces. (Only gained 4.7grams total including the HR aluminum spindles)

View attachment 26738

Wow I didn't realize those braces where so close in weight! But the HR chassis braces look sweet!

Back