What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is one of the hardeat threads to follow... Protein and new tires... ?

Went to my LHS for paint, ended up buying a used Yokomo YZ-2 CA and my buddy got a B6 all hopped up for a steal. So now i can actually enjoy the indoor track and leave my Granite for outside...lol
46781187751_ee861804ea_k.jpg

AR320401 Front/Rear skid plate I broke on my brcc .. Nose dive lol thought i had it.. nope..

but the bumper/grill survived so I get to put it back on! :D

Oh god.. I found my self lost on hobbyking.com … This is gonna get a little expensive.

Last edited:
I'm loving my RTX 2080, I'm getting like 1.5m ppd in folding@home.
That's crazy to me to drop $700+ on a video card. Guess I'm glad I never got into PC gaming much.

I spent $350 on my last desktop computer. The whole thing, i7-6700! I did add ram from my previous and an SSD as well as a gtx960 from my previous pc I got on ebay when I was trying to use cuda cores for video conversion... which I don't do anymore because handbrake doesn't support it.

These arrived today. Gonna be a good weekend at the work bench. Probably a good thing too. Toronto is expecting a major snow storm this weekend, so no good reason to go out.

Attachments

• 20190118_180037.jpg
    20190118_180037.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 24
These arrived today. Gonna be a good weekend at the work bench. Probably a good thing too. Toronto is expecting a major snow storm this weekend, so no good reason to go out.
Git some fine grit sand paper for the motor end of the diff bearing. Mine was way too tight and being the dope I am, I hammered it in there. Going to regret that descision at some point.

Way easier to adjust mesh/change pinions though, so the part is good, just had that bearing measurement a bit off.

The other end x-brace was snug, but not nearly as bad as the motor side.

Git some fine grit sand paper for the motor end of the diff bearing. Mine was way too tight and being the dope I am, I hammered it in there. Going to regret that descision at some point.

Way easier to adjust mesh/change pinions though, so the part is good, just had that bearing measurement a bit off.

Thanks. You mentioned the sanding in another thread. Gonna take my time and do it right.

This came in the mail the other day. Chassis graphic from Darkside Studios on Ebay. It's a thick sticker. I've got my under belly protection all set now. Between my front and rear skids and this graphic I'm good to go.

Attachments

• 20190118_184419.jpg
    20190118_184419.jpg
    376.8 KB · Views: 30
Done

Attachments

• 20190118_234028.jpg
    20190118_234028.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 28
  • 20190118_234013.jpg
    20190118_234013.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 33

Went on without too much trouble. I gave the motor bearing side a quick rub with the iron oxide paper and everything went together pretty nice?

Bought a Max-D SMT10 roller off ebay for $270. So excited to get it in a few weeks and start building it up the way I want it. I already got the Jconcepts Firestone tires. I gotta figure out what motor I'm gonna put in it and what else I'll need. All I know is I'm gonna go crazy on this thing.

since voltage doesn't make a v3 talion tower, had to settle for hot racing.... great product as well...

Attachments

• IMG_2962.jpg
    IMG_2962.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2952.jpg
    IMG_2952.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 24
Trenchers for my 2wd 'Pede. The stock Talons are done after about 15 years.
Backflips, 3x8 button head screws (pro tip, make sure your powered hex driver is fully inserted into the head before pulling the trigger) and hex pins for the Kraton.

Back