What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I found a great crawling location about 20 minutes away. Stopped with the kids to check it out, and there was about 20 people there at all times coming and going. We spent about 1.5 hours there with 2 little ecx temper gen 2's and only covered maybe 3/4 of the trail.

I never would have thought crawlers could be so much fun! Sooo, this then happened.

I wish Arrma made a crawler... I'da been all over it!

Yeah he’s in it ?
T.C. is going to have to bring his "Booster Seat" again so he can see out of his Cockpit.:ROFLMAO:

TC Booster Seat.jpg

Well, I found a great crawling location about 20 minutes away. Stopped with the kids to check it out, and there was about 20 people there at all times coming and going. We spent about 1.5 hours there with 2 little ecx temper gen 2's and only covered maybe 3/4 of the trail.
View attachment 46038
I never would have thought crawlers could be so much fun! Sooo, this then happened.

View attachment 46036

Dragonstar, a top Asian RC company, created Team Durango, Arrma, and Axial many years ago. Hobbico purchased them and rebranded them as their products. Horizon has Arrma and Axial now. They don't have a need to for Arrma to make a crawler. Axial dominates as it stands and is super successful.
In my opinion, Axial and Arrma are cousins anyway. They both appear similar in many aspects. Albeit different RC segments.
PL scaler shocks 90 mm version.jpg

Initially, I couldn't understand the Crawler segment. Then I got this 10.2 Honcho RTR on special. Still didn't grasp the concept. It sat for several months as a beautiful shelf queen. Then I got onto the trails and rocks hardcore and I was convinced. I understood it completely. Now I have 3 Crawlers. My 9 yo loves his Deadbolt 2 too. Going through streams and all. Axials are nice. Crawlers are great. I understand why they are so popular. And because they don't break as much if at all, its a great change up from bashing my 6S Arrma rigs. Less expensive in the long run to operate. These Crawlers can Trail run/hike almost 6 miles on a single Lipo. Lipos are much cheaper too. Easy as pie to work on, even on the trails.

Last edited:
His deadbolt??????
I tell my kids there mine til they can rebuild um. How's that going ?Just my excuse to by more trucks. The kids need another truck. Ok??Wife says go get it n I get the eye roll?? crawlers next on list????‍♂️??‍♂️

Last edited:
His deadbolt??????
I tell my kids there mine til they can rebuild um. How's that going ?Just my excuse to by more trucks. The kids need another truck. Ok??Wife says go get it n I get the eye roll?? crawlers next on list????‍♂️??‍♂️
My son is much better with handling his crawler, maintenance wise. I don't have to help him when trailing. But when we bash the Noto. and Kraton. He seems unsure about battery strapping and connecting etc. He respects 25v Lipos, and after the Noto's ESC fire, even more so. He always ask for help. But he drives the Noto. 6S better than I do. I am more comfortable with the Kraton. Kids have better eye hand coordination and reaction time than old men like myself.:LOL:

My kids rock um but they can't fix um. I'm in love with this vaterra suburban. It keeps winking at me every time I go to lhs
Axial umog be licking her lips

My son is much better with handling his crawler, maintenance wise. I don't have to help him when trailing. But when we bash the Noto. and Kraton. He seems unsure about battery strapping and connecting etc. He respects 25v Lipos, and after the Noto's ESC fire, even more so. He always ask for help. But he drives the Noto. 6S better than I do. I am more comfortable with the Kraton. Kids have better eye hand coordination and reaction time than old men like myself.:LOL:
I know the feeling. ?

T.C. is going to have to bring his "Booster Seat" again so he can see out of his Cockpit.:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 46062

Dragonstar, a top Asian RC company, created Team Durango, Arrma, and Axial many years ago. Hobbico purchased them and rebranded them as their products. Horizon has Arrma and Axial now. They don't have a need to for Arrma to make a crawler. Axial dominates as it stands and is super successful.
In my opinion, Axial and Arrma are cousins anyway. They both appear similar in many aspects. Albeit different RC segments.View attachment 46064
Initially, I couldn't understand the Crawler segment. Then I got this 10.2 Honcho RTR on special. Still didn't grasp the concept. It sat for several months as a beautiful shelf queen. Then I got onto the trails and rocks hardcore and I was convinced. I understood it completely. Now I have 3 Crawlers. My 9 yo loves his Deadbolt 2 too. Going through streams and all. Axials are nice. Crawlers are great. I understand why they are so popular. And because they don't break as much if at all, its a great change up from bashing my 6S Arrma rigs. Less expensive in the long run to operate. These Crawlers can Trail run/hike almost 6 miles on a single Lipo. Lipos are much cheaper too. Easy as pie to work on, even on the trails.
It was a true internal battle to pick between the Honcho and the Blazer. 15% off with the sunfun2019 coupon though, and a fresh markdown on the Blazer made up my mind. Same chassis either way. I'm excited to try it out and see how much I have to learn!
My kids rock um but they can't fix um. I'm in love with this vaterra suburban. It keeps winking at me every time I go to lhs
I had an eye on the vaterra too, but the scx10 ii was strongly recommended by the regulars for that trail in particular, and another thats a stone's throw away. I just can't believe how many guys are into crawlers here! Right under my nose and I had no idea.

It was a true internal battle to pick between the Honcho and the Blazer. 15% off with the sunfun2019 coupon though, and a fresh markdown on the Blazer made up my mind. Same chassis either way. I'm excited to try it out and see how much I have to learn!

I had an eye on the vaterra too, but the scx10 ii was strongly recommended by the regulars for that trail in particular, and another thats a stone's throw away. I just can't believe how many guys are into crawlers here! Right under my nose and I had no idea.
Same here, I found a great rock trail in a local park. I started going for several months and one day a father and 5yo son was there at the same spot as I showed up with their two TRX-4's But I could tell the father was a Traxxas fanboy. Proud talk of them. No interest in my Axial.:LOL: They were going there for a while. The father couldn't drive a line to save his life. I was carving it up. He was worried about scratches every time he flipped his lid. :LOL:Its a frequent place I would go to for the last 20 years without any RC, just to walk. Never seen any RC'ing around. Its gaining more popularity.

I cant justify a fourth crawler. Wife will shoot me. But I truly want the Blazer next.(y) I got the Honcho just before the Blazer was announced and released. The Blazer is probably the best, scale wise and for the pricepoint. Licensed body and all.(y)

Last edited:
Same here, I found a great rock trail in a local park. I started going for several months and one day a father and 5yo son was there at the same spot as I showed up with their two TRX-4's But I could tell the father was a Traxxas fanboy. Proud talk of them. No interest in my Axial.:LOL: They were going there for a while. The father couldn't drive a line to save his life. I was carving it up. He was worried about scratches every time he flipped his lid. :LOL:Its a frequent place I would go to for the last 20 years without any RC, just to walk. Never seen any RC'ing around. Its gaining more popularity.
I cant justify a fourth crawler. Wife will shoot me. But I truly want the Blazer next.(y) I got the Honcho just before the Blazer was announced and released. The Blazer is probably the best, scale wise and for the pricepoint. Licensed body and all.(y)
297 beans + tax right now at Hobby Town... Just throwin it out there...

Thanks. Wow. Great deal. (y)(y)I'll tell my wife it was your fault. Is that ok?:ROFLMAO:
What a deal is right!
Dude, I'm on the fence now.:unsure: Do I pull the plug? Do I sleep on the couch for a few days...:unsure: I could give it to her as a B-day gift. It's in 2 weeks. And keep a straight face about it when she laughs at me.?:unsure:

I could say its for family outings on the trails. Her favorite color is blue.

This past weekend was Massachusetts' Tax Free Weekend, and with Horizon Hobby's 15% discount on the Granite 3S BLX, a $62 store credit loyalty program card from R/C Excitement in Fitchburg, and no sales tax I got the 3S BLX Granite for $199. :)

Unfortunately, I failed to realize it needed an EC5 connector and I don't have one for my charger, so having to wait on the mail before I get to take it out.

View attachment 46038

View attachment 46036

Sad to say but Arrma will never make a crawler. Horizon already owns at least 3 different brands that make crawlers, and besides Jason Dearden has straight up said that Arrma will never make a crawler or a 5th scale vehicle.

View attachment 46062

In my opinion, Axial and Arrma are cousins anyway. They both appear similar in many aspects. Albeit different RC segments.View attachment 46064

The only thing I have broken on my SCX10-II is the faux hitch. I got home from a hike one day and noticed it was gone :(

Sad to say but Arrma will never make a crawler. Horizon already owns at least 3 different brands that make crawlers, and besides Jason Dearden has straight up said that Arrma will never make a crawler or a 5th scale vehicle.

The only thing I have broken on my SCX10-II is the faux hitch. I got home from a hike one day and noticed it was gone :(
It's unfortunate, but understandable. I can still dream though...

New complete gear box (just the case), main dif gear (crown or ring or whatever you call it) and installed a new Just Bash It Rc rear tower. Anyone know what happened to Johnny's Rc chop shop? Is he still on the vacation he bought with my credit card? Wait til I get my hands on that S.O.B! Could've really used those parts he was supposed to sell me before he skipped town???

And the Arrma RTR logo stands for ready to run but the Limitless came out. Never say never. Markets change companies have to too.

New complete gear box (just the case), main dif gear (crown or ring or whatever you call it) and installed a new Just Bash It Rc rear tower. Anyone know what happened to Johnny's Rc chop shop? Is he still on the vacation he bought with my credit card? Wait til I get my hands on that S.O.B! Could've really used those parts he was supposed to sell me before he skipped town???
I have no problem with Johnny's chop shop. He sold me the rest of his inventory on the cheap. Said something about keeping both cuts but none of my business. So I guess that's what I bought today. Thanks again!

Back