What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ESC/Motor fans, shims for outcast diffs, more fans, new servo, stuff for my ERBEv2 (battery doors, spare rod ends). Also ordered the v4 kraton steering rack to get the ball ends that have the large end to hold the stupid ball cup on. Had my brand new ends pop off on me 7 or 8 times in one cycle this weekend... got old fast. Can't hurt to have spare turnbuckles and whatnot as well, $22 for a take off steering rack vs $16 for just the ball studs... I got the entire steering rack.

The savox 1210sg died in my outcast yesterday. Only turns one direction now.

Got the servo @Crewchief227 suggested in his thread DS3225 25KG:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/best-30-i-spent-in-the-hobby-yet.13486/

Seems pretty quick and strong @6V. The savox lasted me a year, so if this only lasts 4 months... I'm still ahead financially.
Running the same servo in my Outcast and Kraton and couldn't be happier. I picked up a few from aliexpress for 18 each.

ESC/Motor fans, shims for outcast diffs, more fans, new servo, stuff for my ERBEv2 (battery doors, spare rod ends). Also ordered the v4 kraton steering rack to get the ball ends that have the large end to hold the stupid ball cup on. Had my brand new ends pop off on me 7 or 8 times in one cycle this weekend... got old fast. Can't hurt to have spare turnbuckles and whatnot as well, $22 for a take off steering rack vs $16 for just the ball studs... I got the entire steering rack.

The savox 1210sg died in my outcast yesterday. Only turns one direction now.

Got the servo @Crewchief227 suggested in his thread DS3225 25KG:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/best-30-i-spent-in-the-hobby-yet.13486/

Seems pretty quick and strong @6V. The savox lasted me a year, so if this only lasts 4 months... I'm still ahead financially.
I'm running that servo in my Outcast right now, so far I am really impressed by it.

May do the same eventually. I just went with amazon for $31 and got it Sunday so I could install it right away.
So it’s a nascar truck now ??‍♂️

So it’s a nascar truck now ??‍♂️
The ol outcast doesn't corner so well. lol! Especially sans sway bars! Even still, it was really weak in the direction it did turn as well. I have yet to take it apart, but it doesn't feel like the gears died. Still rotates as smooth as a savox rotates (which is generally gritty like when new) without power.

The ol outcast doesn't corner so well. lol! Especially sans sway bars! Even still, it was really weak in the direction it did turn as well. I have yet to take it apart, but it doesn't feel like the gears died. Still rotates as smooth as a savox rotates (which is generally gritty like when new) without power.
Looks like on of the fets died...
2019-0916-Savox1210sg-BlownIC-4509GM-74631E.jpg

I ordered a few replacements from China, but odds are it will be pointless as I'm not sure my soldering skills are up to the task for a surface mount chip. $6 to find out. At least it's the one away from almost everything. I'll have to see if my iron came with a finer tip than what I have. I had to desolder the potentiometer from the board to get it out of the case, the 3 open holes on the lower left. That was irritating.

Anyway, ordered the new xmen blu ray, $60 worth of XT90's to convert over all the 3S packs for my big trucks. I got 4 pairs of packs, I figured if I use one of those anti spark plugs for one of each pair, then always plug that one in second, it should work out. Also got traxxas->xt90 adapters for my chargers, needed 8 of those, plus all the male ends for the 3 trucks and remaining packs. Got some soldering in my future... but with using 6S combined with the 1800uf x6 cap packs in 2 of my trucks, they are welding my traxxas ends every time I plug them in. And they pop apart all the time on hard landings, so I'm constantly plugging them in. For now I'll leave the 2 3S packs I run in my smaller trucks as traxxas plugs.

Also ordered 100 of those M3x6mm t-nuts for the outcast battery tray, and a few other things they will work well for. Didn't really need 100 of them... but that's what I found on amazon for $10.

While I didn't make the purchase I am taking credit for being responsible for it:

So I have converted my neighbor from t-ass to Arrma. He has a few T-ass SCTs and a vintage Mugen buggy that's still pretty nice. His son is about my boys age and we've been bashing for a few weeks now. Of course he's amazed with the power, driveability and abuse the Arrmas can handle. So amazed in fact that he ordered a Kraton (the red one, which is slower, but mines blue, sooo...) and will have this week. He told his son if he gets all A's he'll get a Outcast/Notorious.

I'll try to pull him into the forum as well :cool:. Maybe I'll get some more "Arrma Forum" stickers as a recruiting bonus?? @WoodiE ?

So amazed in fact that he ordered a Kraton (the red one, which is slower, but mines blue, sooo...) and will have this week. He told his son if he gets all A's he'll get a Outcast/Notorious.
@WoodiE ?

???? So true though that blue is faster...?

Finally upgraded my venom duo charger to the skyrc 400w charger. I hope it's as good as all the arrma forum reviews.
20190918_152642.jpg

One of the items from my last claim from HH arrived today. This was the compromise. Motor came out of a display model 6s vehicle which worked for me. Motor mount attachment and pinion were left on?
20190918_175948.jpg

Things got a little out of control buying online recently. Oh well, more parts mean more fun.

Mostly 1/18 and 1/10 stuff for my kids cars but the drift tyres, tools and batteries are mine. Still more to come. It's like Christmas in September.
????

I bought a battery tray, cause, well, you know. Turns out I had an old one that I saved, so it's in there now with some extra washers to keep it intact. I also ordered the t-nuts that @Jimbobjr suggested so I can make a better fix for the long run. So my last question is...... can anyone suggest a good 6s lipo battery? JK??

Last edited:
I bought a battery tray, cause, well, you know. Turns out I had an old one that I saved, so it's in there now with some extra washers to keep it intact. I also ordered the t-nuts that @Jimbobjr suggested so I can make a better fix for the long run. So my last question is...... can anyone suggest a good 6s lipo battery? JK??
Ovanics batteries best bang for you buck.

I almost signed on the dotted line for a HobbyTown franchise yesterday. Cold feet at the last second. Feel pretty bummed today. I guess tomorrow I feel less bummed so on a so forth.

Recently started running these and couldn't be more impressed.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/yowoo-graphine-batteries-4s-6s-review.14404/#post-180290

Last edited:
Back