What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a 40mm server fan for my truck! Seems like a big package because it has a tracking #. I asked him to send me extra fans lol
1638975248721.png

Got my order from Jenny's today. Mojave T2T brace, body mounts, side guards, battery tray etc and hardware kit. Mojave build is almost done now only need a body is all.
20211208_122143.jpg
20211208_133341.jpg

Some diff oil, a too set only to find the bits are too big to reach the hidden diff screws, and some shock oil.View attachment 184971

Yeah, MIP hex tools have the same issue I found out. So I picked a set of these Neewer hex’s specifically for the drive shifts. They ended up being pretty good overall, way better than I expected. I use them for a lot of general daily stuff, saving my MIP tools for serious wrenching.

48B33D68-A711-4D33-B4B2-762BFE8D9725.png

Yeah, MIP hex tools have the same issue I found out. So I picked a set of these Neewer hex’s specifically for the drive shifts. They ended up being pretty good overall, way better than I expected. I use them for a lot of general daily stuff, saving my MIP tools for serious wrenching.

View attachment 184986

That Neweer set it pretty legit considering the entire set costs the same as 1 MIP driver. I did snap my 1.5 trying to break a grub screw loose though. A new tip is only like $6 though so that isn't so bad. https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek...acement-tip-1.5mm-ptk-8230/p-quqvqqeq7czxactz

Vendetta took me a little while to warm up to it. Bought it because parts and tires are cheaper then the other Arrma on road cars.

Screenshot_20211209-142938_eBay.jpg

Abbey Bike Tools are making some of the finest bike tools available.

I just received the Crombie Tool (cassette removal splined tool) and Chain Whip.

Very nice USA-made stuff.
I thought my Shimano track chain whip was pretty beefy... of course, we always think that until we see someone else's, right?
71faQf02FjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

My wife ordered me a kraton exb roller during the $329 sale about a month ago. I've been ordering stuff for it since.
2021-1201-kraton-MotorFansAndOtherPartsSoFar.jpg

Pictured:
Rocket 4092 1650kv
hobbystar hcs-4521 servo
Mugen shim kit (seems unnecessary now)
Arrma open diff kit
M2C rear tower brace
Spektrum SR215 receiver I've had in a drawer for over a year as a spare
Bearings for steering posts
35mm fan for blx185 I was thinking of putting in it... ended up getting a max6, fan fits that too
30mm fans for the NHX motor cooler spare a friend gave me
Clips for the servo saver to stiffen it up

Have since gotten:
Max6 (black friday, $128 shipped from hobbywing usa)
Probodyrc body - Red (still waiting for it)
3DRC Red Wing mount
3DRC black front bumper spring
t-bone wheelie bar/skid plate
Hot Racing center diff cover/bearing holder inserts

I thought my Shimano track chain whip was pretty beefy... of course, we always think that until we see someone else's, right?
71faQf02FjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

There are also cassette pliers now.

CP-1.2_001.jpg

https://www.parktool.com/product/cassette-pliers-cp-1-2

I'd be curious to try these...but I'm old-school and owning some Abbey Tools seemed like the thing to do. and Abbey Tools are very popular amongst Mtb World Cup mechanics.

I've been using some ultra-cheapo cassette tool and chainwhip I bought over 20 years ago. It was time for a change and I'm always partial to "Made-in-USA/Canada/Europe" stuff. :)

Unexpected purchase. Xlx2 for the kraton... mmx8s is probably going up for sale or hold on to it until I find something else to stick it in.

Local hobbyshop had it for $249 with 20% off since I buy a lot from them. $199 after using my 10$ off as well.

20211209_172135.jpg

Last edited:
There are also cassette pliers now.

CP-1.2_001.jpg

https://www.parktool.com/product/cassette-pliers-cp-1-2

I'd be curious to try these...but I'm old-school and owning some Abbey Tools seemed like the thing to do. and Abbey Tools are very popular amongst Mtb World Cup mechanics.

I've been using some ultra-cheapo cassette tool and chainwhip I bought over 20 years ago. It was time for a change and I'm always partial to "Made-in-USA/Canada/Europe" stuff. :)
I had to google these things to see wtf they were for... lol! At first I thought they were 1:1 auto oil filter wrench's, then you posted the second one that looks like some weird pliers and I had to find out what they were!

Back