What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pre-ordered a couple sets of the copperhead LP’s from the new k4s.
A0097462-044D-43F8-8224-5F793D15C85A.jpeg

Well Frank is getting some much needed steering upgrades & a new mounting box for the gps. & Jenny's did it again. Ordered two sets of typhon arms & they sent 1 set typhon arms & 1 set of mojave arms!! This is how this build got started in the 1st place 🤣 I guess I have spares for both cars now 😂🤷‍♂️

20220703_134626.jpg

20220703_135244.jpg

Gohelper Airbrush kit
Hobbynox & Tamiya paints
MST Carbon Fiber hydrodipping film
Futaba GYC-441 Gyro
Futaba 4-port S.BUS hub
7 pair Contact JB35B GT8 35°Sh. Foams (found a great deal in Ebay classifieds that literally twisted my arm behind my back...LITERALLY)
Team Associated Blue 17mm wheel nuts
Polo Creations RC Aventador style tail lights
How would you say the contact foams compare to BSRs?

How would you say the contact foams compare to BSRs?
I honestly couldn't tell you. I've never had BSRs. I suspect that the BSRs are probably a little better (I think the BSRs may have a higher rubber content based on a video from Jason Flores), but I got these Contact foams at $20/pair (normally they cost $35), which is half the cost of the BSR foams. Subjectively I'm really liking the Contact foams. I'm still on my first set of four and they have at least 50 speed pulls between 90-120mph on them and they still look almost new. I haven't been able to detect much (if any) wear. Grip is good. They come with five spoke metal foil stickers that a) make them look nice and, more importantly, b) cover the bead area between wheel and foam which, I get the impression, aid in securing the foam to the rim. I did glue the stickers along the lip to the foam for additional securement. Whether this actually does anything I cannot say with any certainty. But in my mind it does :)

I honestly couldn't tell you. I've never had BSRs. I suspect that the BSRs are probably a little better (I think the BSRs may have a higher rubber content based on a video from Jason Flores), but I got these Contact foams at $20/pair (normally they cost $35), which is half the cost of the BSR foams. Subjectively I'm really liking the Contact foams. I'm still on my first set of four and they have at least 50 speed pulls between 90-120mph on them and they still look almost new. I haven't been able to detect much (if any) wear. Grip is good. They come with five spoke metal foil stickers that a) make them look nice and, more importantly, b) cover the bead area between wheel and foam which, I get the impression, aid in securing the foam to the rim. I did glue the stickers along the lip to the foam for additional securement. Whether this actually does anything I cannot say with any certainty. But in my mind it does :)
Sweet. I just started using foams about a month ago and got BSRs. They are really good, but I am definitely trying to figure out if they’re $10 more a foam good. Definitely going to order a set of contacts to compare after hearing what you said. Thank you for the thorough answer.

Sweet. I just started using foams about a month ago and got BSRs. They are really good, but I am definitely trying to figure out if they’re $10 more a foam good. Definitely going to order a set of contacts to compare after hearing what you said. Thank you for the thorough answer.
Gladly. Most speed runners these days are using either BSRs or Gone Bananas but I can't source either one of those locally. Including shipping, import tarifs and taxes a pair of BSRs could easily run me $70 so I really needed something I could buy in-country. Contacts seemed to be my best option so I bought a set from a hobby shop and wound up liking them a lot. When I saw a lot of 9 pairs for 180€ on Ebay classifieds...I was all over that like white on rice (or...like sauer on kraut as the case may be).

Weeks ago i spun a wheel bearing on a 6 week old Typhon 6S.
When trying to remove them, both hex screws were so tight they were unremovable. On the same side of the car.
I had to drill them out to remove.
So I bitched a bit to Arrma.

Just got these parts from them!

Im impressed with the service. They replaced the 2 servos that went bad on other cars as well.
Tech support has also been very helpful.

IMG_2435 2.jpg

Weeks ago i spun a wheel bearing on a 6 week old Typhon 6S.
When trying to remove them, both hex screws were so tight they were unremovable. On the same side of the car.
I had to drill them out to remove.
So I bitched a bit to Arrma.

Just got these parts from them!

Im impressed with the service. They replaced the 2 servos that went bad on other cars as well.
Tech support has also been very helpful.

View attachment 227946
Yep. They use either red or blue locktight. But awesome 👌

Back