Limitless What did you do to your Limitless today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What connectors do you suggest? I bought the xt150's and 6.5 bullets. I was going to use the 6.5's for the cap pack and xt150's for the ESC/Lipo. Does it make sense to use both or just one? 6.5 extensions for the cap came out clean. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 154378
For a cap pack you can use just about anything. It is a voltage filter and does not transfer more than 1 amp of power.
Bullets are nice because they take up less physical space.

For a cap pack you can use just about anything. It is a voltage filter and does not transfer more than 1 amp of power.
Bullets are nice because they take up less physical space.
Yeah that’s what I used for the cap pack. I almost think using the bullets for everything is a cleaner look. IMO I ended up using xt150’s for batteries/ESC. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Are you using 8mm bullets?

Yeah that’s what I used for the cap pack. I almost think using the bullets for everything is a cleaner look. IMO I ended up using xt150’s for batteries/ESC. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Are you using 8mm bullets?
Yes I use either 8mm bullets or the QS8 connectors (which are very bulky, but love the anti-spark for 8s use)

Yes I use either 8mm bullets or the QS8 connectors (which are very bulky, but love the anti-spark for 8s use)
I went with 6.5mm! I think they should be fine. I’m just getting my feet wet. Not trying to break any world records. Hell, breaking 100mph would be a nice accomplishment!🤣 I can definitely make them go that fast, but haven’t found the right location to run.
I use 8mm bullets. It also reduces the amount of cable.
I guess the key thing is to make sure to stagger everything, so there’s no chance of shorting anything out!🤷🏻‍♂️

I went with 6.5mm! I think they should be fine. I’m just getting my feet wet. Not trying to break any world records. Hell, breaking 100mph would be a nice accomplishment!🤣 I can definitely make them go that fast, but haven’t found the right location to run.

I guess the key thing is to make sure to stagger everything, so there’s no chance of shorting anything out!🤷🏻‍♂️
I have done 130 with XT-90s. LOL not recommended BTW

That is ideal to stagger them.

I use XT90 for the cap pack and QS8 for the ESC.
20210422_182612.jpg

(Finally) installed my Flopack Pinocchio spool, dropped my spur by 4 teeth. Mounted my new ESC fan. Swapped out my front droop screws for significantly longer ones, and cranked the nose quite a bit lower. Balanced my wheels for the first time, so we'll see what happens with that. I think I need to buy a real balancing rig, the one I made using Raz's method isn't very sensitive.

Should be good for the 130s, but I don't want to push too hard until the castle link I ordered is in. Hard to see what the car needs for tuning when I can't look at the data.

Not shared this yet on here but last weekend I made a completely new rear wing for my Limitless from carbon fibre after I crashed smashing my previous design.

This time I'm trying a new idea that I hope will be more successful but already I am pleased with it as it looks so much better.
94.jpg

95.jpg

You might notice above that I have fitted some tie rods on the rear diffuser, ...I've done that because without the rear wing supports and original side winglets the rear diffuser lost a lot of it's rigidity so flexed a fair bit.

Tbh I wasn't happy with the tie rods as they just didn't add the firmness I wanted so I came up with a new idea.
This time I've made some small winglets using 2mm carbon fibre plate for the diffuser and tied them in with some threaded standoffs. It's now much more rigid so shouldn't flex as much at speed.
98 Diffuser winglets.jpg

99.jpg

100.jpg

(y)

Looks awesome!! Do you think you'll get enough down force for the rear with the completely flat cross section?
Thank you.
I think it will definitely get enough down force on it yes. It won't be just the rear wing acting on it as it will also be the body itself that provides some down force.

Ultimately I wanted drag to be as minimal as possible. I have placed the rear wing higher up away from the body so hopefully the low pressure zone under the wing/at the rear will also be minimal. Read up a little on aero dynamics but it's a lot to take in so it's a bit of guess work on my behalf.
Also 1:1 scale aerodynamics doesn't really scale down properly so like I said just guessing somewhat.

As long as it starts getting good numbers and I don't crash then I'll be happy. :LOL: :)

Thank you.
I think it will definitely get enough down force on it yes. It won't be just the rear wing acting on it as it will also be the body itself that provides some down force.

Ultimately I wanted drag to be as minimal as possible. I have placed the rear wing higher up away from the body so hopefully the low pressure zone under the wing/at the rear will also be minimal. Read up a little on aero dynamics but it's a lot to take in so it's a bit of guess work on my behalf.
Also 1:1 scale aerodynamics doesn't really scale down properly so like I said just guessing somewhat.

As long as it starts getting good numbers and I don't crash then I'll be happy. :LOL: :)
Right as long as it stays planted and on the road is what matters👍 well good luck bro hopefully it works out better for you!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back