Limitless What did you do to your Limitless today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered some goodies over the last few days as my new roller sits, waiting for the snow to go.
Ripple Killer cap pack 8s from phil (thank you very much)
Castle MMX8s
TP 5650 4y 1440kv
36t 38t and 40t mod 1 saga pinions
King Hobby 1/5 motor mount
Hot racing servo mount
Hot racing servo link and arm
gold aluminum wing splitter and body lock kit
Zoskay 35KG Coreless digital servo
Some 8mm bullets and 8gauge wire
r7fg receiver.

It will be a start. build will be on my channel LaFirst Customs. Going to post my journey to 1xxmph

Ordered some goodies over the last few days as my new roller sits, waiting for the snow to go.
Ripple Killer cap pack 8s from phil (thank you very much)
Castle MMX8s
TP 5650 4y 1440kv
36t 38t and 40t mod 1 saga pinions
King Hobby 1/5 motor mount
Hot racing servo mount
Hot racing servo link and arm
gold aluminum wing splitter and body lock kit
Zoskay 35KG Coreless digital servo
Some 8mm bullets and 8gauge wire
r7fg receiver.

It will be a start. build will be on my channel LaFirst Customs. Going to post my journey to 1xxmph
You will want to order the Arrma 29t optional spur gear also for that low KV motor.
Looks like a good setup, have fun and be safe!

Not a big thing but I recently won an Arrma Skinz chassis protector on another forum for my Limitless so as it arrived today I got it fitted asap. :p

I love the design and the fit is pretty good.

I did add an extra hole which seemed to be missing, ...worth noting what looks like bubbles on it are not they're just the positions where I have non-standard screws added that I used for holding on my aluminium side extensions/battery plates.

I could of cut holes for them but decided to leave them as is for now. The picture below makes them look more obvious then they actually are in person.
81 Arrma Skinz chassis protector.jpg

Finished prepping it for the next run. Swapped in a blue DS3225, Radiolink dual antenna RX, fully recalibrated ESC and checked TX settings. Swapped in GP5 diffs. 1/16th and 1/8th polycarbonate sheets arrived today, so I can convery spoked wheels into dishes, custom aero, etc.

So I guess I was not paying attention and really didn't notice this thread in the forum so here is a top pick of mine,
Drive train is a MMX8S combo/1717-1650kv. Stock gearing for now. Pretty much stock other than some 3D printed items. I too wanted to grab the Scorched F/R shafts but as soon as I clicked the link for the reminder in my email (less than 30 minutes) all shafts were gone so I bit the bullet and decided to grab his Pinocchio setup after a few email exchanges. With the exception of the Scorched parts (Awaiting delivery) she is pretty much ready to start playing around. I have 2 sets of batteries, one for warm up and testing and a new set of SMC's as seen above.
I would imagine more upgrades along the journey but will take it easy at first since this is my 1st Speed Runner and there is a lot to learn.
Many members have helped along the way in my build thread, so Hats off to them :)
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/my-limitless-build.35111/

1618491515885.png

So I guess I was not paying attention and really didn't notice this thread in the forum so here is a top pick of mine,
Drive train is a MMX8S combo/1717-1650kv. Stock gearing for now. Pretty much stock other than some 3D printed items. I too wanted to grab the Scorched F/R shafts but as soon as I clicked the link for the reminder in my email (less than 30 minutes) all shafts were gone so I bit the bullet and decided to grab his Pinocchio setup after a few email exchanges. With the exception of the Scorched parts (Awaiting delivery) she is pretty much ready to start playing around. I have 2 sets of batteries, one for warm up and testing and a new set of SMC's as seen above.
I would imagine more upgrades along the journey but will take it easy at first since this is my 1st Speed Runner and there is a lot to learn.
Many members have helped along the way in my build thread, so Hats off to them :)
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/my-limitless-build.35111/

View attachment 139898
I still wonder why you split up the side skirts in two parts? Pure esthetics?
For ground effect/low pressure under the car it would be better if they go over the full length.

I still wonder why you split up the side skirts in two parts? Pure esthetics?
For ground effect/low pressure under the car it would be better if they go over the full length.
Well the truth is my printer beds were not large enough to produce the skirt in one section.
It feel short by 10mm no mater how I oriented the part. So I just winged it until I get in a
position to purchase a solid set. I totally agree with you on the effect standpoint.
I did see a 2 piece setup but I was not fond of how it attached together. Too bulky looking at the joint.
I have been seriously considering an upgrade to the bed on one of my printers but just have not
pulled the trigger yet. One of my 3 printers is an Ender3, there is this "Ender Extender" kit that will
increase the bed size as well as Z height. Most of the guys near me have similar sized beds so they would
end in the same boat. There are people out there that do print these in one piece but this
might sound petty and I am sorry, They charge a bit more than what it really is worth. If they offered
a solid part for a fair price I would have jump right on it but it seems to me they are selling
it as a 200% profit margin.
Don't get me wrong I have been printing for over 6 years and I know what's involved but
there is a fine line with supporting the hobby and making a profit, especially on 3d prints.
Last time I looked (if there are others please let me know) one fella wanted like 80 bucks.... o_O
For that I can just about buy Carbon Fiber :)

Well the truth is my printer beds were not large enough to produce the skirt in one section.
It feel short by 10mm no mater how I oriented the part. So I just winged it until I get in a
position to purchase a solid set. I totally agree with you on the effect standpoint.
I did see a 2 piece setup but I was not fond of how it attached together. Too bulky looking at the joint.
I have been seriously considering an upgrade to the bed on one of my printers but just have not
pulled the trigger yet. One of my 3 printers is an Ender3, there is this "Ender Extender" kit that will
increase the bed size as well as Z height. Most of the guys near me have similar sized beds so they would
end in the same boat. There are people out there that do print these in one piece but this
might sound petty and I am sorry, They charge a bit more than what it really is worth. If they offered
a solid part for a fair price I would have jump right on it but it seems to me they are selling
it as a 200% profit margin.
Don't get me wrong I have been printing for over 6 years and I know what's involved but
there is a fine line with supporting the hobby and making a profit, especially on 3d prints.
Last time I looked (if there are others please let me know) one fella wanted like 80 bucks.... o_O
For that I can just about buy Carbon Fiber :)
G10 is also a really cost effective option that is on par with Carbon fiber plate/sheet.
Just need a jigsaw and start cutting!

G10 is also a really cost effective option that is on par with Carbon fiber plate/sheet.
Just need a jigsaw and start cutting!
True, that is a good idea, and I also have sheet of CF from work that if I take the
time could produce a nice set myself. I like cutting CF outside and with the weather
up until recently that was difficult to do. I will look at my stock when I get home tonight.
I usually hit up my QC Labs guy he normally hands me sheets 12x12 but in most cases
only one side has a nice finish.
Something else that came to mind that I have used many times in the past are the ABS sheets.
I guess I have many options available to me, I just need to get off my duff LOL

Last edited:
Well I had a bad day yesterday with my Limitless. The 1717 motor started to sound weird when accelerating, after removing it from the drive train noticed it was shaking too, tested with another MMX8S with same results then I noticed that removing the sensor wire the shaking disappeared, tried two other sensor wires, same result. Something related to the sensors is broken, right now is flying to Castle for a warranty repair. I was tempted to put another 1717 I have but when looking for the Castle motor I saw a HW 4274SD 2250kv I had in a box completely forgotten and said, what the heck, I will install this thing and see what happens! Well, now is installed with a 27/34 gearing ready for being tested (or fried) this weekend. o_O

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back