Limitless What did you do to your Limitless today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MMX8s with 1717 is amazing.
If you can afford the XLX2 with 1717 that is a 150mph capable setup.

MMX8s with 1717 is amazing.
If you can afford the XLX2 with 1717 that is a 150mph capable setup.
Put that mmx8s 1717combo in my cart on Amazon, will order it soon, will stick with 6s for a while, and run same gearing for a bit..32p/34s ...hope it pans out good, again thanks for the quick reply..got the car dialed in real good, straight as an arrow, and so smooth and quiet, almost scary, have let go of wheel over 80+ mph. Dumbo with gyro..

Installed my 8s Ripple Killer cap pack as it came in today🤘
IMG_20210430_150928405.jpg

A lot of good information on this thread. Can anyone give me some tricks, hints, advice, etc…. on soldering a cap pack (ripple killer) to my ESC (mmx8s). Don’t know much about cap packs and have never installed one. Vids, pics, and comments would be much appreciated. Thanks

A lot of good information on this thread. Can anyone give me some tricks, hints, advice, etc…. on soldering a cap pack (ripple killer) to my ESC (mmx8s). Don’t know much about cap packs and have never installed one. Vids, pics, and comments would be much appreciated. Thanks

You tend to want to have the cap pack wires as close to the esc that you can get. I don’t have a good picture. But just take a razor and go around the wires and up and down in 1 or 2 spots to pull off the cover and just solder them together.

644A5B83-0CBF-4E71-997F-7418BA632AD0.jpeg

Thanks! That vid was helpful! I’m gonna solder 6.5mm bullets so I can remove cap pack when needed. I saw another vid on YT where a guy was using bread tie to hold the wires together!🤣 Didn’t look very promising!🤷🏻‍♂️

If you look at mine I solderd wires to my ESC with a connector so that I can disconnect it if I want. That's what the connector is in the pic .

What connectors do you suggest? I bought the xt150's and 6.5 bullets. I was going to use the 6.5's for the cap pack and xt150's for the ESC/Lipo. Does it make sense to use both or just one? 6.5 extensions for the cap came out clean. 🤷‍♂️

99967803-A0CD-4C51-B641-194E554683A4.jpeg

Personally I think that would be fine to use the XT150's and 6.5mm's.....
The only thing I would suggest is to use male and female connectors, that way you can never plug stuff in the wrong way round..👍🏼

And here's one I made earlier 😉🤣

IMG_0204 copy 2.jpeg

The only thing I would suggest is to use male and female connectors, that way you can never plug stuff in the wrong way round..👍🏼

View attachment 154412
Sweet Brian! That’s basically the look I was going for. That photo also answered another question that I was going to ask. Looks like you went M/F on the cap instead of M/M or F/F!👍🏼

Been repairing minor parts of my Limitless today after a bit of a crash at a ROSSA event the other weekend with it.
Disappointingly I don't even know how fast I was going with it when I crashed as I wasn't running my GPS and I basically wiped out by/into the traps protection of a heavy traffic cone & sand bag. Over 100mph though without a doubt.

It basically turned hard right abruptly hitting a traffic cone which it punted and then flew through the air hitting a sand bag on landing followed by barrel rolling to a stop. Rear end took a lot of the impact hence the smashed up rear wing.

82 Limitless crash damage.jpg

86 Limitless crash damage.jpg

I decided to make some aero tweaks after the crash ~ first off was reducing the size of my front lip spoiler.

88 Lip spoiler mod repair.jpg

Below: I am most likely going to be running a different wing set up/design so to keep the rear diffuser rigidity I mounted a stand off bar between the supports for added strength.

90 Diffuser mod repair.jpg

I also went back to using the "F1 style" rain light part as I am mounting a bright white LED strobe light to it so that I can hopefully see the car easier at a distance. I did have a bike light on the rear but it just wasn't visible enough in the day.

89 LED strobe mount.jpg

(y)

Been repairing minor parts of my Limitless today after a bit of a crash at a ROSSA event the other weekend with it.
Disappointingly I don't even know how fast I was going with it when I crashed as I wasn't running my GPS and I basically wiped out by/into the traps protection of a heavy traffic cone & sand bag. Over 100mph though without a doubt.

It basically turned hard right abruptly hitting a traffic cone which it punted and then flew through the air hitting a sand bag on landing followed by barrel rolling to a stop. Rear end took a lot of the impact hence the smashed up rear wing.

View attachment 154420

View attachment 154421

I decided to make some aero tweaks after the crash ~ first off was reducing the size of my front lip spoiler.

View attachment 154422

Below: I am most likely going to be running a different wing set up/design so to keep the rear diffuser rigidity I mounted a stand off bar between the supports for added strength.

View attachment 154423

I also went back to using the "F1 style" rain light part as I am mounting a bright white LED strobe light to it so that I can hopefully see the car easier at a distance. I did have a bike light on the rear but it just wasn't visible enough in the day.

View attachment 154424

(y)
Ouch! I’m sure you’ll get it all repaired and back out in no time.

Ouch! I’m sure you’ll get it all repaired and back out in no time.
Cheers.
Tbh the damage is so minimal really considering how fast it was going. Checked it as much as I can visually, then ran it again to make sure it works as it should ~ for the most part it's just cosmetic damage. ;)

Cheers.
Tbh the damage is so minimal really considering how fast it was going. Checked it as much as I can visually, then ran it again to make sure it works as it should ~ for the most part it's just cosmetic damage. ;)
Glad to hear! Little cosmetic damage, not so bad. The place I’ve been running is 4 lanes wide, but when you loose it do 80mph, it doesn’t end well. Guess you gotta pay to play!🤷🏻‍♂️

View attachment 154412
Not my finest work, but I think it’s gonna work!🤷🏻‍♂️

737AD708-B633-4C96-BA63-C697E5D32C39.jpeg

7A1C3957-CBC6-4D87-920D-8EA28D1B6AA0.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back