Limitless What did you do to your Limitless today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the truth is my printer beds were not large enough to produce the skirt in one section.
It feel short by 10mm no mater how I oriented the part. So I just winged it until I get in a
position to purchase a solid set. I totally agree with you on the effect standpoint.
I did see a 2 piece setup but I was not fond of how it attached together. Too bulky looking at the joint.
I have been seriously considering an upgrade to the bed on one of my printers but just have not
pulled the trigger yet. One of my 3 printers is an Ender3, there is this "Ender Extender" kit that will
increase the bed size as well as Z height. Most of the guys near me have similar sized beds so they would
end in the same boat. There are people out there that do print these in one piece but this
might sound petty and I am sorry, They charge a bit more than what it really is worth. If they offered
a solid part for a fair price I would have jump right on it but it seems to me they are selling
it as a 200% profit margin.
Don't get me wrong I have been printing for over 6 years and I know what's involved but
there is a fine line with supporting the hobby and making a profit, especially on 3d prints.
Last time I looked (if there are others please let me know) one fella wanted like 80 bucks.... o_O
For that I can just about buy Carbon Fiber :)
I am fortunate to have a Tevo Nereus (320x320x400), being able print at the full width of a 1/8 rc car was one of my purchase criteria. I also have an ender 3 v2 which i bought later. Same as with Rc cars, once you have one, you'll have many. Personally, i wouldn't put a ender extender on an ender. It's great because it's so small, make it larger and it won't give you the features a larger printer has by design, like for bed leveling...

There are many smart ways to make solid connections without making them bulky. But i guess cutting it from a nice piece of CF or ABS is great to. 3D Printing isn't always the best solution, but once you are into printing it becomes the quick solution for everything ;)

I am fortunate to have a Tevo Nereus (320x320x400), being able print at the full width of a 1/8 rc car was one of my purchase criteria. I also have an ender 3 v2 which i bought later. Same as with Rc cars, once you have one, you'll have many. Personally, i wouldn't put a ender extender on an ender. It's great because it's so small, make it larger and it won't give you the features a larger printer has by design, like for bed leveling...

There are many smart ways to make solid connections without making them bulky. But i guess cutting it from a nice piece of CF or ABS is great to. 3D Printing isn't always the best solution, but once you are into printing it becomes the quick solution for everything ;)
Oh yea if it fits it gets printed :)
As per the Extender they offer a 300x300 kit. I very seldom print anything taller than the max on any of my printers
but there has been times I needed a few extra mm in X and Y. They as you may know have the 400xl but I honestly
question how well the stock heat plate really performs on that as well as the extended length on X and not using a dual Z axis.
I think the 300 would work out well for 140 bucks versus another lager printer. I have "several" mods on both Enders, better boards, V6 hotends and direct drive. There was rumor that Prusa was coming out with an MK4 but that talk has settled down a bit. I have an MK3S and love it.

I looked at it sitting there neglected. It is ready to go, and I have been waiting for a good opportunity to run it (I can only get to the airstrip on weekends) but last weekend it snowed and is looking like it might again this weekend.

I looked at it sitting there neglected. It is ready to go, and I have been waiting for a good opportunity to run it (I can only get to the airstrip on weekends) but last weekend it snowed and is looking like it might again this weekend.
Sounds like you need to invest more into your new hobby ;)

1618511469737.png

Sounds like you need to invest more into your new hobby ;)

View attachment 139948
Well the local skatepark is a bit small for the 6S line, so now I'm debating between the Vorteks and Granite for (((on road))) stunt driving, so more $$ probably going to be evaporating soon.

Pulled logs, adjusted perfect pass and recalibrated ESC, went up a few teeth to see if I'm tapped out on 6s. Now just hoping Sunday I can make some runs and see if I pick up any gain or if I'm going to 8s.

I still wonder why you split up the side skirts in two parts? Pure esthetics?
For ground effect/low pressure under the car it would be better if they go over the full length.
So as a result of our conversation I ended up ordering the 300x300 extender kit. It should arrive on Thursday. I've been wanting to pull the trigger on it for some time now so, Cha Ching :)

Put on a new pinion, for some reason it got chewed up. Ran it 10x no issue and a few days ago it was rounded. Added a few pieces of carbon fiber.

Put on a new pinion, for some reason it got chewed up. Ran it 10x no issue and a few days ago it was rounded. Added a few pieces of carbon fiber.
Did you check your if your mount screws are all tight, also the plate attached to the motor. Could possibly be the center diff cover wasn't flush? Or maybe just a cheap chineasium pinion?

Installed the new BQ CF splitter, and trimmed down the rear aero a bit more. Also trimmed the 6ft velcro straps to a more reasonable length.

Decided to go with the BQ splitter due to the countersink for the large flat head screws, but ultimately it needed some recontouring of the trailing edge to fit along the bumper support and line up the holes better. Buyer beware. Otherwise awesome part with some serious rigidity. May have to tack on a set of Scorched screws with the capture nylock when I put in an order for some driveline upgrades next.

With the GPS finally arriving and new splitter installed, I should be able to get a few early morning runs in on Sunday.

IMG_20210428_232415465.jpg

Installed the new BQ CF splitter, and trimmed down the rear aero a bit more. Also trimmed the 6ft velcro straps to a more reasonable length.

Decided to go with the BQ splitter due to the countersink for the large flat head screws, but ultimately it needed some recontouring of the trailing edge to fit along the bumper support and line up the holes better. Buyer beware. Otherwise awesome part with some serious rigidity. May have to tack on a set of Scorched screws with the capture nylock when I put in an order for some driveline upgrades next.

With the GPS finally arriving and new splitter installed, I should be able to get a few early morning runs in on Sunday.

Awesome, good luck on your run!

Beat the poop out of it...lol...102mph..6s put new springs in spool front and rear, new springs in rear end..takes allot of slop out, but still got a tick of slop...90% of slop gone..front ok..vented body..runs hot 6s..might go 8s any ideas...this thing runs so straight and true now, it's dialed in..springs help allot, it's so quiet , sounds like a Tesla

20210429_210118.jpg

20210429_205638.jpg

20210429_205512.jpg

20210429_210033.jpg

20210429_204831.jpg

Oh it's got 13mm hub extensions, all my tires get balanced...

Last edited:
Beat the poop out of it...lol...102mph..6s put new springs in spool front and rear, new springs in rear end..takes allot of slop out, but still got a tick of slop...90% of slop gone..front ok..vented body..runs hot 6s..might go 8s any ideas...
Getting hot with 6s? Even the fastest speedruners don't need to make vent holes in their bodies, there is something wrong in your setup. Which motor/ESC you have? What gearing?

Well what did I do to my Limitless today... New @Basherqueen carbon fiber wing, wing mount, top plate, ackerman, A plates, side skirts, front splitter and center brace😍 Can't thank Kimberly the "official" Basherqueen enough for the support and helping me out with the parts package🥰 and most of all for being an amazing person! Here's all the beautiful carbon fiber installed and ready to go👊
IMG_20210429_140426626.jpg
IMG_20210429_191602464.jpg
IMG_20210429_191608861.jpg
IMG_20210429_191615950.jpg
IMG_20210429_191642037.jpg
IMG_20210429_191654298.jpg
IMG_20210429_191716078.jpg

IMG_20210429_191624657.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back