What did you do to your RC today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Darren Wes, masshobbies in Australia has a input gear set for blx, fury, vortex, and I think raider, wonder if it'd work for the granite? Or if there is another option I've yet to find?

@Darren Wes, masshobbies in Australia has a input gear set for blx, fury, vortex, and I think raider, wonder if it'd work for the granite? Or if there is another option I've yet to find?
Hook me up with a link... a lot of times they say blx because the same factory numbers for different parts are the same... the metal stuff makes a huge difference

Hook me up with a link... a lot of times they say blx because the same factory numbers for different parts are the same... the metal stuff makes a huge difference

Mashobbies.com, type in arrma granite blx, then hit the parts list, it's #AR310418. The input shaft for my blx is at tower hobbies, AR310599, 59mm just no gear. I'm unable to post links from this phone.

Hope this helps....

Did some drive training...On my own, temporary, dirt track...Going to make some video of it this weekend...After we rebuild my neighbours Slash, which I accidentally set on fire... o_O ...

Mashobbies.com, type in arrma granite blx, then hit the parts list, it's #AR310418. The input shaft for my blx is at tower hobbies, AR310599, 59mm just no gear. I'm unable to post links from this phone.

Hope this helps....
Yes helps immensly
I will have a full blx trans with motor mount and fast eddy bearings plus better diff oil and gear greases

aussie-meme.jpg

Pics and explanation please.

Well...No pictures...Sorry...
What happened was the following...My neighbour is a bit frustrated that his "design winning Traxxas Slash" isn't able to keep up with my Mojave...We live in rebuild area in Nijmegen...Still some construction going on...And recently a nice big open space cam available to drive our cars...I bought the tires which I referred to in a post about tires...So, now I also have an incredible amount of traction on dirt...

Anyway...

Last Tuesday we where doing a bit of bashing on this particular open space...And he was bragging how his car has more traction than mine...I told him I wasnt to sure about it since I got the new tire...He wanted to do a speed run on dirt...I hesitated but he insisted...So we did...He went off a bit to soon...But I overtook him in a sec while his wheels where spinning like hell but having no traction...I think his Titan didn't like that and gave out in a puff of smoke...Right at the time I was driving circles around him... o_O

Note 1. He wants to buy a different car this weekend... :rolleyes:
Note 2. I'll make some footage of our little play this weekend... ;)
Note 3. I'll include his new car...Lets see if I cant talk him into buying an Arrma...:p

I got my front tires on just have to decide on a body and switching out my shock oil today to 40w.

Attachments

• tmp_20482-CameraZOOM-201507181243073111678215683.jpg
    tmp_20482-CameraZOOM-201507181243073111678215683.jpg
    876.2 KB · Views: 32
Looking at 3 different proline bodies just can't get my son to decide as it is "his" truck

Well it took me like 12 hours but I have fixed and tested everything (except trans and berings,but im waiting).
Fixed shocks added covers
Fixed shock mount from a hard hit
Fixed pinion that would stay
Fixed steering transfer mounts (falling out had to drive with trim at 3 now 0)
Added heat sink
Added motor fan
Added 120a esc
cleaned it up

Here is what it looks like now

1437518409560-1531696202.jpg

1437518752203944551772.jpg

Went and raced it around at the track. Blew 2 shocks. Popped my steering turnbuckel 2x.120a esc sounds like a rice burner on its last ride, but the improvement!!!! Never got over 100 degrees on esc and 130 on motor. Even after an hour and 30 min on the track. Was just as fast as a 3s slash while i was still 2s And ate my first spur gear...gonna switch to 32p tomorrow.

Think im doing this vacation right... staying home playing with trucks
Whole week
Truck week

@Darren Wes, very cool! I'm digging those shock socks and that heat sink. I'm working on trying to find a solution, for the shock caps blowing off. Trying to keep from going full aluminum shocks, just need to find some aluminum shock caps. Trying not to spend too much more on the two I have, saving up for another rc. :D Hopefully, life doesn't get in the way, random stuff (priorities) does happen! ;)

Oh yah, the rice burner sound, from esc. Check the screws holding fan in place, if I leave one screw just a little loose, sounds like something is stuck in the fan. After every run I have to clean mine out, due to small pieces of grass. Trenchers are looking, very cool by the way!

Work hard, play hard! :D

Last edited:
I hear ya... don't wanna go full metal shocks either, its a basher not racer... ill have to do somthing for it because they pop almost every time i go to the track and jump around.

Tried to get 32p spur and pinion but left with stock stuff replaced it. Works great! Gonna replace the front shock oil and check the placement of traxxas super shock tops

Side note: if you like the shock socks don't go the route i did... the balloons break pretty easy and take forever to mount (lhs guy said cutting a 2l bottle and feeding it works better) for the same price as a bag of latex you can order real shock covers that wont break "accidently"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back