What did you do to your RC today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I installed, a servo in my arrma granite blx. Power HD 1501mg analog servo, a little noisy and sounds kinda twitchy when centering but, it's metal geared, strong, and less than $15.00. I'll have to coat it with liquid electrical tape, to make it splash proof.

Last edited:
Towerhobbies.com has aluminum ones as well as the stock. I have aluminum on mine and by the looks of it I would have broke the plastic one myself.

I replaced the dean connector on my granite blx with a star connector. One of the line on the dean connector had bent over making it difficult to attach to my battery. So far I am liking the star connector. It is easier to undo than the deans.

Ran the Fury on 3S today for first time - wild tyre balloon on rear (was worried they were going to POP) and the thing couldnt stay on its wheels (had front as low as possible, rear slightly elevated to get the nose down, wheelie bar on lowest setting, 17T pinion, 57T Spur) unless i took the body shell off - just took off in the air was just insane.

Did a few good runs with the lid off but wasnt game enough to strap my phone onto it to get a speed reading but i reckon it was clocking close to 80kmh on thick grass.

60mph on the box - theoretical but I will say bullshit on the fury as the thing will NOT stay on the ground at anywhere near those speeds.. not due to wheelie action but just parachuting of the body shell. My body shell is probably at least 2-3times heavier than standard as ewll as it is reinforced underneath with about 2-3 layers of duct tape plus the plastic dip paint job plus tape on top to protect the roof and rear quarters when it slides down road upside down. If you cant get it to stay on the ground with a heavy body, wheelie bar and nose down low low suspension setting then i don't know how else you can aside from cutting airflow holes.

Back to 2S for now - at least its a controllable level of insanity.

Add some weights to the front just for your speed run, and run it over a long paved surface....reckon it'll get 100km/h.

i think im going to seriously convert it to a vorteks or a hybrid type buggy - the short course body is just balls for speed and has contributed to most of the damage to the car due to take off.

Towerhobbies.com has aluminum ones as well as the stock. I have aluminum on mine and by the looks of it I would have broke the plastic one myself.

If I understand the part you guys are talking about, the granite blx comes with one that is steel. Without checking, I assume it is cheaper than the optional aluminium one and it is most certainly stronger. A little extra weight in the front never hurts on these.

If I understand the part you guys are talking about, the granite blx comes with one that is steel. Without checking, I assume it is cheaper than the optional aluminium one and it is most certainly stronger. A little extra weight in the front never hurts on these.

The BLX comes with the aluminum bottom chassis plate standard. It's an upgrade for the MEGA and BLS models.

It's this part:
http://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR320203
upload_2015-9-25_15-58-23.png

vs. This part:
http://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR320204
upload_2015-9-25_15-59-14.png

Today I finally slapped some batteries into the Senton and took it for a spin out in the front yard and up and down the street. Man, this thing rips, and it's very stable even at full throttle. It's bone stock, and I was running 4S, so I can only imagine what it's like running on 6S with a bigger pinion for speed. I'll save 6S for next time, but as it is, 4S seems plenty for just bashing around the neighborhood.

The BLX comes with the aluminum bottom chassis plate standard. It's an upgrade for the MEGA and BLS models.

It's this part:
http://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR320203
View attachment 343

vs. This part:
http://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR320204
View attachment 344

Ah ha, you are right. I could of sworn that part was steel on mine and I assumed the aluminum one referenced was the option part that is anodized red. Interestingly, tower hobbies has the silver one as discontinued with red as the replacement and Arrma shows the red as discontinued and the silver still available.

Got my replacement servo in today. I opened up the old one and one of the gears was wasted. So Im back to bashin

Lucky man - we get stiffed in Australia - my servo stripped out and I was told that apparently running on grass is too stressful for them - had to buy my own upgraded gearset - been solid every since. Warranty in Australia seems like a nightmare which makes me reluctant to get myself a Kraton - love these cars but if there is no warranty support in Aus for the ESC and damage they can do then it is off the cards.

I got a wild hair and put a 12t motor in my Granite, while I was trying it out I learned I didn't have the motor tight enough, I found that out because my spur gear got munched so.... I put a 13t pinon and a 54t spur gear in.This thing is flying now.I just hope I don't wipe out the diff.Im pretty sure I have a enough slip in my clutch.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back