What did you do to your RC today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drove them!! Had my 10yr old nephew here for a bit, and we took out the Raider, and my vintage Blackfoot and Hornet.
I'm thinking he liked the Blackfoot best!! Gonna have to make it a little faster for him. Lol.

One of my favorite bash buddies rocks a Hornet. The rear suspension on that thing has got to be one of the worst things to ever happen to the hobby. But he has a blast with it and that's what this is all about!

One of my favorite bash buddies rocks a Hornet. The rear suspension on that thing has got to be one of the worst things to ever happen to the hobby. But he has a blast with it and that's what this is all about!

Yeah they are definitely primitive in design compared to today's cars, but I can remember building it like it was yesterday!! That was the car that started the RC bug for me and it's still running today (with a few modern upgrades). Still loads of fun after 30 years!!

I drove them!! Had my 10yr old nephew here for a bit, and we took out the Raider, and my vintage Blackfoot and Hornet.
I'm thinking he liked the Blackfoot best!! Gonna have to make it a little faster for him. Lol.
Your Raider is brushless, doesn't it go like a bat outta hell?
When I first upgraded my Raider to brushless, 80A/4500kv, it spent more time on it's roof than wheels.
Toned it down to a 60A/3900kv, plus a wheelie bar, spent way more time on its wheels.
Was a fun lesson, going through an array of different kv motors, 5400, 4500, 3900, 3100.
Would love to find a cheapie china 2200-2500 motor, except the ones I located have .5 shaft, darn!

Your Raider is brushless, doesn't it go like a bat outta hell?
When I first upgraded my Raider to brushless, 80A/4500kv, it spent more time on it's roof than wheels.
Toned it down to a 60A/3900kv, plus a wheelie bar, spent way more time on its wheels.
Was a fun lesson, going through an array of different kv motors, 5400, 4500, 3900, 3100.
Would love to find a cheapie china 2200-2500 motor, except the ones I located have .5 shaft, darn!

Yeah..... it's much faster than the old brushed Tamiyas. He was driving the Raider and barely got it to full speed. I think he was a little nervous of those curbs!! Got to get him out on a field with it, where he can let it rip.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back