Outcast What did you do with your Outcast today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started reassembly from a complete tear down for cleaning, inspection and maintenance

IMG_7287.JPG

Thanks, I've rebuilt and shimmed plenty off diffs but very few Arrma's. The ones on my Talion V3 I did not feel the need to add any internal shims, I've only added one external 13x16 shim to tighten up the mesh. On my Outcast it's like you say, the shims looks kinda rough already, (never looked closely on the Talion I guess) I've read some adding a shim under each sungear and some that only adds one on the crown gear side. Did you use a total of 3 external 13x16 shims on the crown gear side ? On the ones I have made 1 external 13x16 shim was already added from factory.
I can't recall if I used 2 or 3 13x16 shims, but I know I removed the Arrma shim and used 2 or 3 of the sworks ones. It removed all the side to side of the diff and left a hair of gear backlash between the ring/pinion.

You could try the Outcast/Kraton V3 Springs, Front Springs AR330507 are 85mm 6.2lb/in and Rear AR330508 are 95mm 5.0lb/in
Stiffer than Tekno RC and V2's
Pretty sure that's what mine already has. I may have misspoke as to which outcast I have. From what I can tell, it's the latest model I think, AR106033. I thought there were only 2 versions of the outcast. Perhaps there are 3.

Pretty sure that's what mine already has. I may have misspoke as to which outcast I have. From what I can tell, it's the latest model I think, AR106033. I thought there were only 2 versions of the outcast. Perhaps there are 3.

Yes, you probably have AR106033, it's the latest with the orange body anyway. I got AR106032, grey body.
The modelnumber shows on the white sticker on the chassi plate.
It is somewhat confusing, I also think there are only 2 versions unless AR106021 and AR106027 had more differences than the body color.
A lot of people do call AR106032 and AR106033 for V3's, maybe 'cause they share a lot of driveline/electronics parts with Kraton V3 and Talion V3 !?

Worked on it for about 6hrs today and picked up a fresh set of Backflips while I was out running errands.
Got everything pretty much put back together, and ready for the next beat down :D

IMG_7299.JPG

IMG_7300.JPG

Had to replace my front upper suspension mount. Broke one of the ears off on a bad landing. Had a pretty good bash with my son. Had a drive shaft pop out again.

Replacing shock ends:
2018-0806-ArrmaAR330338-Stretched.jpg.jpg

Using some dubro ones on the front. Ordered some tekno's, but will be a while before they show up. Will put those on the rear for comparison to see how each hold up.
2018-0806-Dubro2319Monster3mmVsArrmaAR330338-02.jpg

2018-0806-Dubro2319Monster3mmVsArrmaAR330338-01.jpg

My outcast body is/was getting so beat up it was about to rip into 3 pieces. (My son hasn’t helped this at all ) I Seen @Rich Duperbash post a new video on YouTube and he details how he fixed his old proline body. Drywall tape and hot glue over the cracks. When I seen his video earlier today I knew I had to give it a shot when I got home. I already had everything so I wasn’t out anything. So far so good. Doesn’t look pretty but who really sees the under side of it. Really surprised how stout the body is now in the areas that I reinforced. We will see how much time it buys me.

Secondly I went through and replaced all of the shock oil. I thought stock was 80wt equivalent but have heard people say 70wt. None the less I put 80wt in all four corners and decided to adjust my droop a little bit. Took it for a really quick rip and everything seems to feel well but it’s also night time and where I live there isn’t any light besides a porch light . I will give it some more testing tomorrow.

After that just took it out to the garage and blew it out well with an air hose and noticed a small hairline crack in my rear a arm. Doesn’t seem to be causing an issue right now. I have the RPM arms to put on so that will be my next “job”. It was getting late so I decided to put it up for the night.

Not outcast related but I had to work on my sons rustler tonight also. Screw came out of he camber link so that needed to be replaced. Also noticed a crack in the front shock tower so I replaced that with RPM. Also but a new RPM bumper on the front. Finally have his rustler and granite both going again at the same time haha.

Finally fixed my front bone that had popped out. Found a cracked a arm. Gonna replace with rpm parts. Geared it up to 18T. I’m running a 4082 1600kv and it wasn’t super impressive. I’m hoping the higher gearing wakes it up :)

Finally fixed my front bone that had popped out. Found a cracked a arm. Gonna replace with rpm parts. Geared it up to 18T. I’m running a 4082 1600kv and it wasn’t super impressive. I’m hoping the higher gearing wakes it up :)
What were you running before upping to the 18T?

I removed my wing completely and move my wheeley wheel higher now I can get the truck back onto it’s wheels when it’s on it’s back
Also when it goes upside down it’s on the wheeley wheels rather then the wing

I removed my wing completely and move my wheeley wheel higher now I can get the truck back onto it’s wheels when it’s on it’s back
Also when it goes upside down it’s on the wheeley wheels rather then the wing
I’d like to see one pics of that.

Son and I put together a bash video. Had a great time and everything stayed together.

Son and I put together a bash video. Had a great time and everything stayed together.

Nice video! Pretty sure your 4yo is ready to step up to 3S!

That's some serious distance your launching. Instead of lengthening the outcast, just get a Kraton. Same size as a talion but geared more for bashing like the outcast. Then you have 2 trucks in case you break one. Then throw 4S in the outcast and that can be your kids step up to the big show!

Surprised your not having heat issues running 17T on that in the grass. Mine with 4S overheats the ESC with a 15T when I run in grass and it's 85F outside.

Nice video! Pretty sure your 4yo is ready to step up to 3S!

That's some serious distance your launching. Instead of lengthening the outcast, just get a Kraton. Same size as a talion but geared more for bashing like the outcast. Then you have 2 trucks in case you break one. Then throw 4S in the outcast and that can be your kids step up to the big show!

Surprised your not having heat issues running 17T on that in the grass. Mine with 4S overheats the ESC with a 15T when I run in grass and it's 85F outside.
It gets pretty warm. He is definitely ready for a 3s brushless set up in that thing. He does pretty well driving my outcast. His big issue is air control but that’s a lot to expect from a 4 year old. He ha sent my outcast just as far as me but I usually lands upside down, nose first, or tail first. Haha.

Definitely going to get a Kraton and let the boy run the outcast on 4s. Seems like it would make the most sense. Another plus would be I would only have to buy parts for one rig essentially since the Kraton and outcast share so many parts.

It gets pretty warm. He is definitely ready for a 3s brushless set up in that thing. He does pretty well driving my outcast. His big issue is air control but that’s a lot to expect from a 4 year old. He ha sent my outcast just as far as me but I usually lands upside down, nose first, or tail first. Haha.

Definitely going to get a Kraton and let the boy run the outcast on 4s. Seems like it would make the most sense. Another plus would be I would only have to buy parts for one rig essentially since the Kraton and outcast share so many parts.
Other than the center bones, chassis braces, body mounts, I think they are pretty much the same as far as breakable parts. Not sure about the center diff/pinions though.

The fact that your running 17 with 6S on your outcast and my buddy has overheating issues with 15T on his talion and 6S makes me want to check the manuals on these to see if the spur differs as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back