Outcast What did you do with your Outcast today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Changed out the rear a arms for rpm. Put in a WTF fan for the ESC, and a new pair of backflips. Been to a skate park and had a few bash sessions with my son and his granite. His granite broke a shock shaft so I fixed that and changed all the shocks to 40wt sock fluid.

Attachments

• B8C41735-4025-4C52-928C-F47BE896D17D.jpeg
    B8C41735-4025-4C52-928C-F47BE896D17D.jpeg
    221.2 KB · Views: 42
I just take out the rear dog bones to balance my wheels works perfect.
Kind of annoying to get at the back of the rim to stick the putty in there. I swear, I spent 45 minutes on each wheel and they still weren't perfect. Kept adding/moving putty around. With the gearing I was running, it was probably topping out between 38-44mph and they all spun nice and true as well as in the air when pinning it for flips. So I must have gotten them pretty close.

I ran it Sunday for 3 packs, about 1.5 hours worth of hard running. First with 14/50, then switched to 15/50. No overheating yet, but I was at the skate park. For the first set of 15/50, I ran nonstop, in the skate park and out on the grass. It was hot out, 87F with high humidity. I tried staying on the throttle as much as possible to see how it did. I might be able to get away with 16/50... :)

Replaced the rear brace with a Voltage Hobbies piece along with a new diff case, then proceeded to put 9 really hard packs on the Outcast this week while testing the new tower the tower brace.

This thing is an absolute Beast now.

After a few more packs this weekend it's time for another complete tear down for some scheduled maintenance and a good cleaning

IMG_7578.JPG

IMG_7579.JPG

IMG_7581.JPG

I'm selling my Outcast with a bunch of extra parts. Has a Max6 esc. See listing in the classifieds. $350 plus shipping

Bashed it pretty good yesterday. Cracked my rear shock tower where I drilled a hole through it for the center brace... will rethink that soon. Snapped the front chassis brace, busted the wing mount brace, pulled screws out of the rear diff housing where the t-bone skid/wheelie bar attach... was a good day. Working on videos now.

I ordered stock shock towers, voltage ones aren't in stock. Also ordered a new diff case which comes with the wing mount/brace that busted. I think voltage makes that too, so when they get towers in stock, will order that as well. Got a hot racing front/center brace and an RPM wing mount coming in the mail.

Hopefully will get it all fixed up by next weekend.
2018-0909-Outcast-Damage-DiffCaseScrew.jpg

2018-0909-Outcast-Damage-frontCenterBrace.jpg

2018-0909-Outcast-Damage-wingBrace.jpg

This was after bending it back some while out bashing. It looked almost like a soft V, but it cracked when I was bending it back.

2018-0909-Outcast-Damage-shockTower.jpg

Ran 3 packs before one of the front wheel bearings gave up the ghost yesterday.

IMG_7585.JPG

So, I've been tearing it down all day and inspecting/cleaning each part.

IMG_7597.JPG

So far I have 1 bearing failure and 3 crunchy ones, a nice size groove cut into the center diff cup, and a broken RPM bumper/skid plate

IMG_7602.JPG

IMG_7589.JPG

Ran 3 packs before one of the front wheel bearings gave up the ghost yesterday.

View attachment 21922

So, I've been tearing it down all day and inspecting/cleaning each part.

View attachment 21923

So far I have 1 bearing failure and 3 crunchy ones, a nice size groove cut into the center diff cup, and a broken RPM bumper/skid plate

View attachment 21924

View attachment 21925
That groove in the center cup looks nasty. Guessing your going to replace that before it splits in half!

My guess would be a rock. I run gravel and have to inspect my car for rocks every few minutes. They get stuck in there pretty easy

Man...you guys are really hard on your cars. Or you haven’t figured out how to control the car in the air yet. Lol. Can’t imagine bending towers and cracking braves. Guess I just drive like a wuss.

That groove in the center cup looks nasty. Guessing your going to replace that before it splits in half!

I've got a few spare cups so that one is definitely going into the broken pile

My guess would be a rock. I run gravel and have to inspect my car for rocks every few minutes. They get stuck in there pretty easy

You're right,
came from bashing at a construction site when I was jumping gravel piles

Man...you guys are really hard on your cars. Or you haven’t figured out how to control the car in the air yet. Lol. Can’t imagine bending towers and cracking braves. Guess I just drive like a wuss.

Launch it way up in the air enough times and you'll soon find out that you can hit and land the same jump 20 times perfectly, but all it takes is one good mid-air FUBAR moment to do some damage. In my case, I find that I tend to get greedy with going for one too many backflips and it eventually bites me on the landing.

I get just as much fun out of working on them as I do bashing them so I don't really mind breaking or replacing parts, it's all part of the game

I’m with @olds97_lss. I drive them hard and no matter how good you are there are always moments when you over or under correct. Jumping is my favorite part of driving the trucks. I also don’t mind working on them. I actually enjoy it.

My tower and center brace got jacked when I caught a jump weird. Did fine the first 3 or 4 times, then I hit something odd, forward flipped on me and I couldn't recover fast enough. Landed very hard on the rear tower folding it and sending a lot of force to the front tower which flexed the chassis and broke my front/center brace.

Because it just wouldn't stay together and broke every time I used it. Haha every time I crashed, there goes the wing mount (tried 3 different brands of wing mounts) or shock towers would bend or something would pop off or drive train issues would emerge and steering components would bend or loosen up. Compared to what everyone else puts there's through, I didn't even beat it that hard. I would only jump it 3 or 4 feet high and a distance of 10-15 feet, landing in grass, and it just couldn't handle it. I did some upgrades and everyone would tell me to buy this and that but at the end of doing all that, not much of it is Arrma anymore. I'd see some people's truck and the only thing on it that was Arrma was the dam chassis. Haha Buying a truck for $500 and then needing to invest another $500+ into it (not counting the batteries and a charger) just so I can do baby jumps doesn't make sense to me. I took great care of it. Cleaned it after every use, took it apart for a good anal flushing once a month or so and always replacing broken parts when needed. It's back to 100% but I just put it on the shelf and stopped using it. It just wasn't fun for me anymore. Spent more time working on it and waiting for parts to come in than using it.
Man! Im sorry to hear that,this hobby is fairly new to me and im already experience the same issues,ive already put well over $500 in parts&upgrades..this is a beautiful hobby,I think for me I want to master more the craft of (driving) and go from there im still landing f*#$ up beaking stuff but we will see.

Man! Im sorry to hear that,this hobby is fairly new to me and im already experience the same issues,ive already put well over $500 in parts&upgrades..this is a beautiful hobby,I think for me I want to master more the craft of (driving) and go from there im still landing f*#$ up beaking stuff but we will see.

You mean like this?

Was planning on running RC's today, but was otherwise inconvenienced. Got almost all my parts to fix everything I broke last weekend. New towers, diff case, RPM wing mount, all except for the front center brace, so I made one last night out of square key steel. Took a longtime as all I have is a vice and plumbers butane torch to heat/bend.
2018-0914-Outcast-HomadeFrontBraceOutOfTruck.jpg

2018-0914-Outcast-HomadeFrontBrace.jpg

Also made a new aluminum center brace. Figured I'd make one out of square box aluminum stock like everyone else, vs drilling holes in the towers which is what led to my rear one cracking anyway.
2018-0914-Outcast-HomadeFrontBrace-CenterBrace.jpg

Then I didn't go run today, and the hot racing one showed up, so I removed mine and put it in instead. Oh well, guess I got a backup.

2018-0915-Outcast-HotRacingFrontBrace.jpg

2018-0915-Outcast-HotRacingFrontBrace-HomeadeCenterBrace.jpg

Also made another front skid wear plate as one of my screws tore through the RPM skid/bumper on the front:
2018-0915-Outcast-ChassisSkidProtectors-2onFront.jpg

Still planning on getting out tomorrow.

Last edited:
Got everything broken down, cleaned and inspected with the exception of shocks and diffs. Been working on it a few hours each night for the last few days. Next step is to treat the steel items that don't get thread locker with Fluid Film and start the reassembly process.

IMG_7684.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back